So, who's getting an Xbox One?

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
After finally getting to play on the XBox1 at the Eurogamer Expo I definitely will be getting this over the PS4. Battlefield 4 was finally playable and running on the XBox1 and was very impressive.
Forza looked absolutely stunning, even Kinect Sport Rivals impressed

The controller was so satisfying to use and hold

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
After finally getting to play on the XBox1 at the Eurogamer Expo I definitely will be getting this over the PS4. Battlefield 4 was finally playable and running on the XBox1 and was very impressive.

Did you get to see anybody else playing or demoing Kinect Sports Rivals? How well did the game perform in translating user actions to the screen? I know there's an article out there about the Kinect and this game, but I'm under the impression that the article and that site are heavily biased... it's so hard to find someone who will honestly give impressions these days ("these days" being the launch of new consoles)

Also, was there any one particular reason you would choose this over the PS4? Have you had the chance to play PS4 as well?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Nov. 22nd can't get here soon enough... Wife keeps stranding me in living room with the TV remote on her chair... Yeah, I can get up to grab it, but im usually gamming or programming and it would be nice to just speak my mind and have the "TV" react...

And no, I'm not so lazy... Did Tough Mudder back in April and signed up for a Zombie run on the 18th... And the Horton guy doing the One's fitness app has my interest peaked too... Just gotta find out if it will be worth subscribing to after it costs $$ Nov 2014

Last edited:

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you get to see anybody else playing or demoing Kinect Sports Rivals? How well did the game perform in translating user actions to the screen? I know there's an article out there about the Kinect and this game, but I'm under the impression that the article and that site are heavily biased... it's so hard to find someone who will honestly give impressions these days ("these days" being the launch of new consoles)

Also, was there any one particular reason you would choose this over the PS4? Have you had the chance to play PS4 as well?

They had a big stage with public coming up and challenging each other on the jet ski game. From what I saw the user actions were very responsive and the camera scanning that was used to make the in-game avatar did seem quite good and did make a close match to the user.

Choosing this over PS4 was mainly down to how the controller felt in my hand and the games that were available on show (Titanfall, Forza, BF4, Ryse on XBone, compared to Fifa14, Driveclub on PS4)
I do think with big multiplatform games there won't really be any difference between the 2 consoles.

COD:Ghost was also playable on the XBone, but after the 10 minutes of play I got, I left feeling that there was nothing new and it just looked like it would run perfectly well on a current gen system.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I went and found it very boring. Didn't get to play on the ps4 though because the queues were hench. Played some wolfenstein new order which was awesome.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I will be sticking with PC at least until Halo 5 comes out... Idk how i can pass that up :p Im sure there will be a limited edition console i can pick up too :p

Lenin17301

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I am getting one, hopefully on a midnight release in Miami, should one happen of course, so far I haven't read anything about one of those.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Xbox One (incl Forza 5), plus BF4 and Dead Rising 3 are all in the pipeline.

It's just a matter of counting down the days now...

A kid a Christmas springs to mind. :grin:

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been a 360 guy forever, but I am not going with the xbox one. Spycam and always on soured me completely. Don't care that they retracted it. They'll just enforce it later once everyone buys into the ecosystem. Also, spycam is still a spycam. If you don't think they're gonna be collecting data and monitoring you, then you probably think the NSA is doing a bangup job.

Well my brother and I played PS1 back in the day, so in a way I'm going "home" to PS4. Looking forward to it!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been a 360 guy forever, but I am not going with the xbox one. Spycam and always on soured me completely. Don't care that they retracted it. They'll just enforce it later once everyone buys into the ecosystem. Also, spycam is still a spycam. If you don't think they're gonna be collecting data and monitoring you, then you probably think the NSA is doing a bangup job.

Well my brother and I played PS1 back in the day, so in a way I'm going "home" to PS4. Looking forward to it!

I hope Sony throw in a tin foil hat with that PS4. :D

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Do u have a smartphone? Tablet? Laptop? All of these have cameras and microphones. If the gov, marketers, profilers want to get info on u they will. If this is your problem u probably should go find a nice place in the mountains.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Do u have a smartphone? Tablet? Laptop? All of these have cameras and microphones. If the gov, marketers, profilers want to get info on u they will. If this is your problem u probably should go find a nice place in the mountains.

"It's gonna happen no matter what so why fight it"

Brilliant life strategy.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
"It's gonna happen no matter what so why fight it"

Brilliant life strategy.

Yeah, buying PS4 instead of an XBOX because big brother is out there, while still posting on a device that has the same tech built into it is fighting the POWER.

What is it exactly that you are fighting? I just really don't get that you think the PS4 wont be doing just as much profiling on you as microsoft. What service do you use for e-mail? cloud storage? do you have credit cards? ever send texts or use IM's? Facebook, Twitter? ever search for anything on the internet before via bing, google, ask, etc? If you live out of this bubble, but manage to post on here please tell me your tricks.

I dont take the stance of if you have nothing to hide, why do you care if people know what you're doing. I even believe we are under a government/corporate structure that is 1 step away from being 100% fascism, but I will get an Xbox One eventually. And when I do, I will have no problem leaving my kinect plugged in. This is a difficult discussion, and i probably agree with you on a lot of points. I just dont see how to live a productive lifestyle and not use these services. I get the x-box is the easiest one to cut out, but i dotn see it doing much good personally.

To each his own i guess. Enjoy your PS4.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Heck, many TV's have built in cameras nowadays... I'd reckon that they would be easier to hack into than an XBox... In fact, there was a flaw in Samsung's TV where a hacker could control the camera, although it was fixed once discovered... http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/01/technology/security/tv-hack/index.html

Anyhow, back in track... I'm a little upset that the XBox One tour isn't coming to my town. Would like to check it out before the release.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Google actively reads your email to profile you.

The NSA has admitted to spying on the world.

The current tos for Xbox live services state you do not have any privacy.

But yeah, I'm just paranoid for no reason.

People like you scare me.

I'm actually concerned about privacy invasion on a whole as well... I'm just yanking your chain. :winktongue:

Regarding the Kinect, Microsoft have stated outright that they have no plans to use it for data mining. How you rationalise that statement is up to you. Regarding the NSA and MI5, they have an arsenal of tools at their disposal to tap into our lives. Singling out the Kinect as the weak link is misguided.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I already have a W8 laptop and I'll soon have a W8.1 tablet and WP8.1 smartphone, so I'm making a strong bet on Microsoft ecosystem. I know that those devices are going to be compatible with the xbox one, for streaming content to my tv and to play certain modes of some games and not with the PS4, but I prefer the PS4 exclusives and also the console is less expensive. I think I'll go with the PS4 because I want a console mainly for gaming. I'm sure I'll lose some other media capabilities but I'll probably have the basics (as I already have with the PS3).

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I already have a W8 laptop and I'll soon have a W8.1 tablet and WP8.1 smartphone, so I'm making a strong bet on Microsoft ecosystem. I know that those devices are going to be compatible with the xbox one, for streaming content to my tv and to play certain modes of some games and not with the PS4, but I prefer the PS4 exclusives and also the console is less expensive. I think I'll go with the PS4 because I want a console mainly for gaming. I'm sure I'll lose some other media capabilities but I'll probably have the basics (as I already have with the PS3).

Wow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs