So, who's getting an Xbox One?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Both consoles have incredible exclusives, I prefer Xbox exclusives but I can see why someone would like PS4's. No as far as the PS4 being better for gaming? No way pal, the end user will see no difference. Xbox for me because of all the extras (plus I'm too invested in MS to even consider anything else)

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Im getting the ps4 but id love to play left for dead on the next gen consol. Never played it before as i have a ps3 but it does look super fun.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Posting here too cos its awesome!

I just got a really sweet deal.

The console, 2nd controller, Titanfall, another "AAA game" and a year worth of this local gaming magazine, all for 529?, which is pretty much the normal price for just the console around here.

It was a deal limited to preorders made from a certain retailer within and during the expo. My fiancee offered to pay half of it, too!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Update: I have Xbox one day one edition paid for! Getting the play and charge kit. Also preordered BF4. Just for a quick game to install for launch. I will download and install a digital copy of Forza 5. But most likely from here on out im going all digital. I am on the fence about getting Ryse and Dead Rising 3. They look so great! But I'll already have two games to play. But hopefully there is demos for them both at launch and I might decide between the two.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Update: I have Xbox one day one edition paid for! Getting the play and charge kit. Also preordered BF4. Just for a quick game to install for launch. I will download and install a digital copy of Forza 5. But most likely from here on out im going all digital. I am on the fence about getting Ryse and Dead Rising 3. They look so great! But I'll already have two games to play. But hopefully there is demos for them both at launch and I might decide between the two.

I'm not much for zombies, but both games looked great. Only played Ryse myself though, but didn't get to play the story mode. DR3 was largely voted as the best thing at this whole gaming expo I visited in the past weekend, there was so much queue to play the game that during the 3 day expo not everyone who wanted to got to even play the game.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not much for fighting games. But Ryse has interested me. Is it different and unique compared to other fighting/combat games? Not sure how well you can answer this next question since you probably did not have a lot of time with the game but do you think it would have some replay value to it? One more question did you play on a full version of the game or a demo of it?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not much for fighting games. But Ryse has interested me. Is it different and unique compared to other fighting/combat games? Not sure how well you can answer this next question since you probably did not have a lot of time with the game but do you think it would have some replay value to it? One more question did you play on a full version of the game or a demo of it?

It was likely the demo and some.. "secondary offline content". Basically it was the Coliseum-arena with some kinda wave-based survival-thing with some objectives you had to do after you killed all the "gladiatiors". Apparently it's getting some sort of multiplayer (in that Coliseum) too and I've heard mostly good things about the single player campaign, but I can't really answer the question.

I will most likely not get it myself, at least not at full prize but thats just cos games like that arn't really my thing either, but I did enjoy it and would likely enjoy the single player too.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
i am just about to complete my order for Day One Edition incl Forza5 + 2nd controller + fifa14

anyone knows what are the language settings of the games. eg. i buy a game in germany, but would like to have it in english language. anyone knows where such info can be found for every particular game?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Xbox One Day One :)

Same here...what do we have ? 17 days ? As long as Microsoft Next days it (I ordered my day one X1 through Microsoft)... This weekend, I am going to rewire my setup so I have a HDMI cable just ready waiting for it to hit...

Pre-ordered Forza 5 at gamestop, going to pay it off tonight (put a $30 deposit down) so I can just pick it up... I will have Forza 5 and Ghosts to start with....

As for you PS4 fans, The moment Naughty Dog annouces a Uncharted OR Last of US for the PS4, is when I put in the order for one. I will get both but, waiting for a title that I MUST have. I bet I will have one before spring anyway about it...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably get the PS4 when it drops down to like $250ish like I did with the PS3. At that time there may be one or two Naughty Dog games that I want to play... Which is about the only reason I played the PS3 :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I should look up this Naughty Dog team. I don't know anything they made, but people keep mentioning them.

Edit: Took 10 seconds to look them up. Jak? Those games were cool. Uncharted? Meh. It seems they don't deal in the genres I care about.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess I should look up this Naughty Dog team. I don't know anything they made, but people keep mentioning them.

Edit: Took 10 seconds to look them up. Jak? Those games were cool. Uncharted? Meh. It seems they don't deal in the genres I care about.

The first 3 Jaks were some of my favorite games. Uncharted is my 3rd favorite series behind Halo and GTA. They do seem weird from the outside, but they're amazing to play.

For me, Titanfall is my "must have" game. It has all of my PS4 friends jealous.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

As much as I love Naughty Dog's games, I will say this - the latest Tomb Raider is a better 'Uncharted' than any of the Uncharted games are...

But, Uncharted is a great game and series. Fun story, cool gameplay, looks great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes