So, who's getting an Xbox One?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The first 3 Jaks were some of my favorite games. Uncharted is my 3rd favorite series behind Halo and GTA. They do seem weird from the outside, but they're amazing to play.

For me, Titanfall is my "must have" game. It has all of my PS4 friends jealous.

I don't even know how Uncharted plays. It's nothing about seeming weird, it's that the general action genre isn't something I care a great deal. I know using one example isn't the best plan, but Assassin's Creed felt so redundant after the first game (the combat is a giant snooze) that I struggle with wanting to play the rest of the games for the story, but avoid them because the gameplay is bleh. I just find action games to suffer the most from repetition that bores me, in my opinion. It's hard for an action game to draw me to a console, but Killzone probably could, then THAT could lead me to try the Uncharted series.

Alas, Halo got me first, and I'm with Microsoft.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't even know how Uncharted plays. It's nothing about seeming weird, it's that the general action genre isn't something I care a great deal. I know using one example isn't the best plan, but Assassin's Creed felt so redundant after the first game (the combat is a giant snooze) that I struggle with wanting to play the rest of the games for the story, but avoid them because the gameplay is bleh. I just find action games to suffer the most from repetition that bores me, in my opinion. It's hard for an action game to draw me to a console, but Killzone probably could, then THAT could lead me to try the Uncharted series.

Alas, Halo got me first, and I'm with Microsoft.

The first Assassin's Creed was very boring and repetitive and got pretty dinged for that in reviews. ACII avoided a lot of that. I really enjoyed it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I really wish I would have pre-ordered one. I'm in the middle of building a house and stuck in this tiny apartment with the wife and two kids and figured I had enough going on that I could wait, but I really don't want to wait. Are there still places to pre-order?

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Second-hand Games: When you put the disc in, you will have to purchase a license to play the game. Similarly if you want to sell on a game you bought, you'll have to 'unlock' the disc from your account for a fee. Details to be confirmed further.
Didn't they remove this?
If so... please update the first post.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The positive side about it could've been, that it might've lowered prices of the games, but that's just a speculative hope :p
Yeah, I though that too... but I'm pretty sure it would end up paying more (summing new+used). Especially here in Italy.
Also, all the benefits for this don't worth the lack of liberty of landing games between friends.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Like if the disk is linked to your account and you can access it anywhere, that'd be cool! If you want to sell or give away your game, you unlink it from your account and the disk can be given or sold and new owner can link it to their account! This can prevent theft and you won't have to worry about scratched disks. (as long as your account it linked you have the option to download as well). Much like cell phones, stolen disks can not be activated!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The first Assassin's Creed was very boring and repetitive and got pretty dinged for that in reviews. ACII avoided a lot of that. I really enjoyed it.

I felt the exact opposite. I enjoyed the first one the whole way, but I started to get into the second on, and I just had the revelation of "this combat system's garbage." It's just holding block until you get bored, then you slaughter everyone with minimal effort. It's pretty weak, and it's the #1 thing keeping me from Brotherhood and Revelations, despite the fact both are within 20 feet of me.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I felt the exact opposite. I enjoyed the first one the whole way, but I started to get into the second on, and I just had the revelation of "this combat system's garbage." It's just holding block until you get bored, then you slaughter everyone with minimal effort. It's pretty weak, and it's the #1 thing keeping me from Brotherhood and Revelations, despite the fact both are within 20 feet of me.
I know that feel, but I'd say that up to revelations the combat system is still good. But if you didn't like the AC2 combat system, you will not like the successors.
To me, the AC3 combat system was pretty bad. And the climbing system garbage: just hit 'forward'+'one-key' and he does everything for you.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately? Do you like spending money for nothing? If so, PM me that I will give you my bank info.

The DRM that caused so much wailing among internet teens would have allowed people to loan out games over the internet the way a Kindle allows sharing of books over the internet. All things considered, it was an extremely nifty idea that was growing on a lot of fans before Microsoft backpedaled. Many are hoping that they find a way to re-implement it in the future.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The DRM that caused so much wailing among internet teens would have allowed people to loan out games over the internet the way a Kindle allows sharing of books over the internet. All things considered, it was an extremely nifty idea that was growing on a lot of fans before Microsoft backpedaled. Many are hoping that they find a way to re-implement it in the future.
Why in the hell should I buy a digital game that
- costs more than a new game from amazon, or play.com
- I cannot freely land to anyone
- I cannot freely resell without other fees?

Anyway, as I already said, all the benefits coming with the DRM don't worth the lack of liberty of landing games between friends.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, one thing that many people like with the DRM was the Family share thing, which was pretty much bound to digital games. I personally have a circle of like 6 RL friends who have 360s. Given the hypothetical scenario that all of us own 10 unique/different games, we'd all have Access to 60 games while only having paid for 10. Obviously some games we wouldnt be interested in, sometimes somebody else would be playing the game we wanted to play (I suppose it would be Limited to one person playing at a time), but to me that sounded like an awesome thing. For now, it went away with them backtracking with the DRM, but they did say they might bring it back in some form, in which case it most likely will be Limited to digital games too.

Sorry for randomly capitalized words, Windows 8.1. spellcheck that can't be turned off, GG.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss