04-07-2014 03:25 PM
110 12345
tools
    I think your right.... Reviewers are calling it "force feedback" which to me means resistance like on the Force feedback steering wheel for the 360. But I guess they are just talking about vibration motors.
    07-25-2013 04:54 PM
    Yeah with force feedback I also think about those steering wheels that fight back :D But yeah, apart from some shady rumors, havnt actually seen actual force feedback get mentioned yet.
    07-25-2013 05:43 PM
    LOL, we'll get true force feedback on the XBOX Two
    07-25-2013 10:19 PM
    Hmh, having watched the unboxing video.. it seems that the controller doesn't come with a cable? So until you buy the charge&play-kit, your only option is to feed it some AA-batteries? Hmh, wonder if I should try to look for my old set of rechargeable batteries and the charger.. that said if I have to buy a new set like that, might as well buy the charge&play kit :D

On a closer look it does seem like there is something else in the controller bag than just the controller, but it doesn't quite seem enough to be a cord that would be several meters long.

EDIT: Apparently it uses AA-batteries too, not AAA.

Also, arn't the USB ports pretty inconvenient considering wired controllers/charging the wireless controller? You have the USB3 port on the side which is somewhat easy to access, but the other 2 slots are in the back. I guess you just need to put the charging cable to the back slots and leave it like that so you don't have to fiddle too much. The other weird decision is that I think it only has 3 USB slots total, thus if 4 play together, one can't charge his/her controller while playing. Although I suppose you could power a 4th controller through a PC or something if it goes to that.
    Last edited by Coreldan; 08-09-2013 at 04:06 AM.
    08-09-2013 03:19 AM
    Usb 3.0 at the back to plug in extra hard drives? I know I would love to get it linked up to my 2TB NAS.
    08-09-2013 04:37 AM
    Somehow I got the image that only the side USB port is USB3.0 from the video, but I guess it wouldnt make much sense to have the 2 back ones be USB2.0.

But yes, that too, if you hook up an external HDD, you're left with even less charging ports! :D
    08-09-2013 04:41 AM
    Somehow I got the image that only the side USB port is USB3.0 from the video, but I guess it wouldnt make much sense to have the 2 back ones be USB2.0.

But yes, that too, if you hook up an external HDD, you're left with even less charging ports! :D
    http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...nema_640.0.jpg

If you look closely you can see the "SS" labeling signifying the back ports are also super speed usb 3.0 ports.
    08-09-2013 08:12 AM

That is what usb hubs were designed for though.
    08-09-2013 08:31 AM
    Hmh, having watched the unboxing video.. it seems that the controller doesn't come with a cable? So until you buy the charge&play-kit, your only option is to feed it some AA-batteries? Hmh, wonder if I should try to look for my old set of rechargeable batteries and the charger.. that said if I have to buy a new set like that, might as well buy the charge&play kit :D

On a closer look it does seem like there is something else in the controller bag than just the controller, but it doesn't quite seem enough to be a cord that would be several meters long.

EDIT: Apparently it uses AA-batteries too, not AAA.

Also, arn't the USB ports pretty inconvenient considering wired controllers/charging the wireless controller? You have the USB3 port on the side which is somewhat easy to access, but the other 2 slots are in the back. I guess you just need to put the charging cable to the back slots and leave it like that so you don't have to fiddle too much. The other weird decision is that I think it only has 3 USB slots total, thus if 4 play together, one can't charge his/her controller while playing. Although I suppose you could power a 4th controller through a PC or something if it goes to that.
    USB 3.0 is supposed to charge twice as fast as USB 2.0, so you shouldn't have an issue where 4 people need to charge their controllers at once, really. If all 4 are dying (not dead), you should be able to easily get by swapping chargers.

Also, if this is a standard microUSB, you could maybe use the wall charger from your phone, no? I've got USB 3.0 on my PC case, so I could perhaps plug in there and get USB 3.0 charging speed, and since my case sits right next to my bed (where I play from), I won't have to worry about a cable lying across the floor.
    08-09-2013 01:08 PM
    Unfortunately, Kotaku is reporting that it is a proprietary wireless connection again, and that the controller will not be using Wifi-Direct. I hope they're wrong, because that would be idiotic on Microsoft's part.
    08-12-2013 04:21 PM

Posting this here too.

Anyways, it seems that you can't have the controller plugged to a PC while playing on the X1, as the dude said that when you plug it in, it starts sending the data through the cable as opposed to wireless (probably so that if theres wireless interference, you can still play reliably). Wifi direct wasnt mentioned, but it's indeed sad if they use some propretiary system :/
    Last edited by Coreldan; 08-13-2013 at 05:59 AM.
    08-13-2013 04:35 AM
    An Insider's Look at the Xbox One Controller - YouTube
    Posting this here too.

Anyways, it seems that you can't have the controller plugged to a PC while playing on the X1, as the dude said that when you plug it in, it starts sending the data through the cable as opposed to wireless (probably so that if theres wireless interference, you can still play reliably). Wifi direct wasnt mentioned, but it's indeed sad if they use some propretiary system :/
    While it will be sad if true, I think the reason everyone hated the proprietary system was because the proprietary wireless needed an extra dongle for a PC, and the proprietary charging cable to connect it to a PC was also extra.

Now, even with a proprietary wireless connection, there is a way to plug it into your computer and use it right out of the box without any additional cost. all you need is a micro USB cable, which might be included. If it's not, everyone on these forums should have one from their phones. :)
    08-13-2013 08:02 AM
    A few potentially interesting reads regarding the controller:

How The Xbox One Controller Has Changed

This one is pretty old, but might be new to someone:

Xbox One Controller Hands On: Rumbling Triggers Are Freaking Awesome
    08-13-2013 03:00 PM
    While it will be sad if true, I think the reason everyone hated the proprietary system was because the proprietary wireless needed an extra dongle for a PC, and the proprietary charging cable to connect it to a PC was also extra.

Now, even with a proprietary wireless connection, there is a way to plug it into your computer and use it right out of the box without any additional cost. all you need is a micro USB cable, which might be included. If it's not, everyone on these forums should have one from their phones. :)
    Not the case. They've already said that the controller won't gain PC support until 2014, meaning there is SOMETHING that needs to be installed on the PC to accept the controller's input.
    08-13-2013 06:58 PM
    Not the case. They've already said that the controller won't gain PC support until 2014, meaning there is SOMETHING that needs to be installed on the PC to accept the controller's input.
    Still doesn't change what I said. Drivers do not affect cost. No one is going to care if they need to install a driver.
    08-14-2013 08:13 AM
    Hmm little late in watching that video.

See-through aluminium - "Awesomeness redefined"

Good to see some proper terms used, didn't hear "innovative" once.

Handing controllers to different people and Kinect instantly changing profiles is going to be so good. No more having to go into options and change button layouts for different people.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on one and putting in some playing time. Interested to see how it feels without the battery block and the more squared off feel of the inside arms.
    08-14-2013 08:38 AM
    Still doesn't change what I said. Drivers do not affect cost. No one is going to care if they need to install a driver.
    You said, "there is a way to plug it into your computer and use it right out of the box," and while you're right about not needing to spend additional money, it WON'T work with your PC out of the box, unless you don't open the box until 2014 and have already installed the drivers.
    08-14-2013 12:07 PM
    Hmm little late in watching that video.

See-through aluminium - "Awesomeness redefined"

Good to see some proper terms used, didn't hear "innovative" once.

Handing controllers to different people and Kinect instantly changing profiles is going to be so good. No more having to go into options and change button layouts for different people.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on one and putting in some playing time. Interested to see how it feels without the battery block and the more squared off feel of the inside arms.
    For a while now, I've thought the idea of having a profile on a controller would be awesome. Make a controller truly yours that way, so you never have to deal with signing in and out. I know the Kinect's something of a bridge to that, but as someone who won't scan himself into the console with the Kinect (or even have the thing plugged in 95% of the time), I think having a controller remember its owner would be cool.
    08-14-2013 12:08 PM
    For a while now, I've thought the idea of having a profile on a controller would be awesome. Make a controller truly yours that way, so you never have to deal with signing in and out. I know the Kinect's something of a bridge to that, but as someone who won't scan himself into the console with the Kinect (or even have the thing plugged in 95% of the time), I think having a controller remember its owner would be cool.
    LOL, tinfoil ftw
    Courtney S likes this.
    08-14-2013 12:17 PM
    So you basically want some on-board memory?
    08-14-2013 12:20 PM
    Yeah, just a tiny chip, given how small a profile probably is.
    08-14-2013 01:04 PM
    I have this Belkin n52te speedpad thing for PC gaming and it has a small on-board memory capable of holding one set of keymappings. The "te" stands for tournament edition, so it's made with tournaments etc in mind where you might just take your own mouse etc and not the whole PC.
    08-14-2013 01:11 PM
    Here is somewhat of a review of the One's controller on IGN... Although the trigger rumbling was not working... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...of-duty-ghosts

The Dreamcast had that... Kind of, the memory card that stored your game saves, plugged into the controller.
    08-16-2013 09:46 AM

that's not true, if the computer does not recognize it will not necessarily charge it.

but any USB charger you have laying around the house will so I'm not sure why only having 3 USB ports is an issue. Just open up your junk drawer and grab one of the dozens of USB chargers that you've collected from every other USB device you own.
    08-16-2013 02:11 PM
    that's not true, if the computer does not recognize it will not necessarily charge it.

but any USB charger you have laying around the house will so I'm not sure why only having 3 USB ports is an issue. Just open up your junk drawer and grab one of the dozens of USB chargers that you've collected from every other USB device you own.
    But what will the controller interpret it as? What if it just goes "oh, USB connection, ima be sending dem datas over on the cable" that really goes nowhere except the outlet?
    08-16-2013 02:15 PM
110 12345