Will the Xbox One help Windows Phone

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Too early to say, E3 will reveal more. Even then I wouldnt expect a direct impact on WP unless MS ups the ante when it comes to integration and it looks like they are going with Smartglass as their link to other devices and as its on other platforms WP wont benefit in any particular way.

JamesForKing

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What he said.^ Smartglass is available on iOS and Android too. I was hoping they'd give a perk to having a WP though, but it doesn't seem that way. It's still too early to say though.

Another thing Microsoft has to be wary of is promoting it too much. I have a 928 and am all for WP, don't get me wrong. But Xbox isn't just for us. Apple fan-boys use Xbox, feature phone users use Xbox, it's a wide audience. As much as I hate to admit it we don't want to push anyone away. Also, trying to integrate the new Xbox with any Windows platform could be catastrophic. Obviously I'm aware it uses the Windows kernel, but that's not advertising or anything, that's just using what is available to better a product.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Would be nice and I sure we will get a lot more games that save across Xbox One, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't see them not integrating tightly with the WP and tablet systems. They are definitely going to focus more on the XO in the next few weeks to bring more hype. More details will be coming.

I'm pretty sure there are already games that can be picked up where you left off across different platforms (360, WP, and W8/RT)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720