Just curious.

Microsoft has mentioned that the Xbox One charges a fee for every additional user of a game, but does anyone have any idea how that is going to work in a household? My mother, father, sister and I all play Xbox games regularly, and as Microsoft has been going nuts when it comes to family based work (Family settings on the PC, parental controls on the Xbox, and My Family on the phones), they have to manage families somehow, but customers will flock to the PS4 if they make a 4 person household pay for 4 copies of a game for a family console. Any thoughts?
    05-21-2013 02:57 PM
    Good question, my friends does have the same question.
    05-21-2013 03:41 PM
    Once game's are downloaded to the Xbox, I would imaging anyone who logged into that box would be able to play as long as the account that owns the game is based on that console. Maybe they will do some sort of "friend's list" thing that allows you to specify a certain number of people who can "borrow" your game. It'll be interesting to see how they manage this.
    05-21-2013 04:20 PM
    And what about having more than one xbox in the house. Currently we have two. One in my gaming room and my brother in his room. We split the cost of games and share one disc..in the same house. How will that work?

Here in canada we have caps on our bandwidth..downloading a 20gig+ game at a friends that has a cap is not an option. Would we be able to just bring over the cd and play without saving it to the hdd. Might that be the solution to sharing? If own it you can save it and run it off the hdd but if not then you need the cd to play it..

What are your thoughts?
    05-22-2013 06:06 AM
    The way it works is I buy a game and install it on my console, I enter the serial code like PC gamers have done for 20 years. That key code is now tied to my account. I take the game to my friends house and install the game I can then log into my account to play the game on my friend Xbox but if I choose to install the game on my friends console so he can play on his account then he would have to purchase a serial key code to have that game activated. The time of give,sharing,borrowing,buying used is over for consoles. Welcome to the PC world., welcome to the steam world, welcome to the future . Thai was made possible not by Microsoft alone but due to the developers of the games themselves. They don't want you to purchase a used game for $30 and not receive a dime when you can purchase a code for $65.
    This is the way PC gaming has been for years and you know how PC gamers ha e gotten around? Serial key code generators . Just wait . It will happen. The ps4/xbox1 are now on the same level ground as a PC. Hacks will be much much quicker.
    05-22-2013 06:16 AM
    The way it works is I buy a game and install it on my console, I enter the serial code like PC gamers have done for 20 years. That key code is now tied to my account. I take the game to my friends house and install the game I can then log into my account to play the game on my friend Xbox but if I choose to install the game on my friends console so he can play on his account then he would have to purchase a serial key code to have that game activated. The time of give,sharing,borrowing,buying used is over for consoles. Welcome to the PC world., welcome to the steam world, welcome to the future . Thai was made possible not by Microsoft alone but due to the developers of the games themselves. They don't want you to purchase a used game for $30 and not receive a dime when you can purchase a code for $65.
    This is the way PC gaming has been for years and you know how PC gamers ha e gotten around? Serial key code generators . Just wait . It will happen. The ps4/xbox1 are now on the same level ground as a PC. Hacks will be much much quicker.
    I agree with you that PC gamers have had to deal with this for years. And much of recent development has suggested that this is the way all systems will go. I still don't believe the large portion of people who share / buy used games will be cut off like this. MS is going to have to offer some sort of solution, at least initially, to not **** off a whole lot of people. Eventually though, I think you are right. The used game market is going to fade out.
    05-22-2013 10:50 AM
    My concern here is semi-related, but a little different. I'm currently living at home with the family, but am working full time and saving up money to get my own place. So it's very likely that I'll be moving out on my own within the next year or so. I will probably be using one system at my current place (linked to the account we all share), then moving off on my own, getting my own system and my own account. Could lead to a major issue with games that I get for myself.
    05-22-2013 04:27 PM