Opinions on people's opinion on the Xbox One

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
People really seem to like to hate Microsoft for whatever reason...

XboxOne.jpg

Last edited:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: My opinion on people's opinion on the Xbox One

I don't think most gamers were asking for a better Kinect or better voice controls. Just better exclusives and games overall. I mean, the hate for MS couldn't have been that deep if the 360 was successful.

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It requires an internet connection for once a day look ups, as well as many of the features they showed off today. also developers can choose to have there games (yes even single player) be played on the cloud. and beyond that, you will need to repurchase a game for every console you play it on....

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

It requires an internet connection for once a day look ups, as well as many of the features they showed off today. also developers can choose to have there games (yes even single player) be played on the cloud. and beyond that, you will need to repurchase a game for every console you play it on....

Not true, the game is tied to your account no matter where you play it.

The fee comes when someone else wants to play the game with your disc on another console with their own account.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

It requires an internet connection for once a day look ups, as well as many of the features they showed off today.

What do you mean "for once a day lookups?"

The console doesn't require an internet connection. If you want those "lookups", then it's YOU that is requiring the internet connection. Well, unless you think it should be able to look up stuff with magic fairy dust.

also developers can choose to have there games (yes even single player) be played on the cloud.

So ,it's not required by MS. But developers can do it if they think it's good for their game? Like a persistent world perhaps?

Again... there isn't the magic fairy dust option. So yes, sometimes you do need the internet if you want something.

Are you suggesting that option should NOT be allowed to developers?

and beyond that, you will need to repurchase a game for every console you play it on....

Not if you are using the same MS Account.

If it's YOUR game, and you're playing it on your account, you're going to be fine.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I don't think most gamers were asking for a better Kinect or better voice controls. Just better exclusives and games overall. I mean, the hate for MS couldn't have been that deep if the 360 was successful.

Those gamers should probably wait for E3 before freaking out then. That's the event where they're focusing on the games.

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

yeh, but if you want to go over to a friends house and play with them... your out of luck... unless your friend wants to dish out $60 for a game...

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

yeh, but if you want to go over to a friends house and play with them... your out of luck... unless your friend wants to dish out $60 for a game...

Or you could move your account over to your friend's XBOX while you're there, and move it back when you get back home.

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Nah, the dolphins are still here... but if they leave... well... I got my towel ready...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I think dolphins make sure to leave behind a few that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of tricking humans into staying for the apocalypse.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

...sigh.... please.....
so can you use skype, check your movie info online and watch netflix and message your friends offline?........ please. it obvious Xbox live will download content to keep it updated, like the trending feature they said. if people actully used their brain it would be obvious what it meant with the first answer about how it will require or not connection all the time. and Phil Harrison can be whatever he wants be he doesnt know about it, he says "I believe its 24h" so that means he doesnt know the answer. Im sure Xbox team dont expect you to buy Xbox One and never have it online, but its not like it will explode, or it will stop working if you dont update X tv feature, there are alot of things that work only with internet so its imposible to be offline for those... thats the problema with new technology, like a Smartphone, would you buy one if you wont have an internet connection never? you cant even setup an account to download an App that would work offline. again, im sure you need to get updated but its not like Xbox One will explode if you dont connect online, it only depends on the game, or App, or whatever you want to do with Xbox.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

The XBOX One will kill the video game rental business. That's gonna suck for Game Fly.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Wait since there is no Backward compatibility. If it's possible for you to re purchase a game as a digital download, then wouldn't your Xbox 360's game pass be valid. As proof that you have the game or are able to download it for free to your new console?

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

The PS4 will be better for gaming. Microsoft is concentrating on other stuff, not gaming. Gaming is just one of many concentrations in the Xbox One. On PS4 it is the MAIN goal. You HAVE to respect the PS4 as a gamer because that is the only thing you want in a system.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The PS4 will be better for gaming. Microsoft is concentrating on other stuff, not gaming. Gaming is just one of many concentrations in the Xbox One. On PS4 it is the MAIN goal. You HAVE to respect the PS4 as a gamer because that is the only thing you want in a system.

That kills the idea of an entertainment system.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Or you could move your account over to your friend's XBOX while you're there, and move it back when you get back home.
That's what I've done when I want to show off arcade games I've purchased to a friend on their console, or use my previously-purchased DLC at their place... Just bring over my profile (either on a USB stick or, more recently because of faster recovery speeds, via download). Looks like MS is bringing this same mechanic to physical disc-based games. Only problem is the way that people use disc games and have used ever since the days of game cartridges (yay NES!)... People lend games to their friends. People go to friend's houses who haven't connected their Xbox to Live at all (happened to me with a friend of mine). Disc based games have always been the physical medium people just pop in and play. This is a fundamental change now in how that works.

This same thing happened to me with a recent purchase of Skyrim for my PC... The dvd was basically just an installer and that's it, tied to a stupid steam account, and I can't play the game on another system without signing into my steam account on it. This is the way gaming is headed. It's worked for games on demand, psn downloads, xbl downloads, steam, etc... And now it's coming to physical disc.

I really hope there's something extra we're missing in how Microsoft does this, some detail somewhere that makes it better... But looking at all the examples I've just listed, I don't think there's anything missing. Xbox and PlayStation are just last to the game. I expect Sony to do this same thing eventually as well, if not for the PS4

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

And how do you conclude this? Because the PS4 is capable of doing less, suddenly that makes it better at gaming?

Microsoft has Microsoft Game Studios for games. Just like Sony has their first party games.

And both have 2nd party and 3rd party games.

The ones that will determine how good a console is for gaming will be the developers.

The developers will take what tools and abilities that are available to them and create awesomeness from that.

I believe that the XBOX ONE gives developers more tools for new awesomely creative and fun games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb