I actually would like to know the evolution of this from prototype.
    I seriously feel like we're all being punk'd right now. It just doesn't feel right.

They didn't even really talk about why they chose this design of a console.
    But it will act as a media center so no ones really gonna care about it.

Overall, im excited. Hopefully there's more surprises at e3.
    05-21-2013 07:29 PM
    I think there was a meeting where someone said, "Hey. It's an XBOX. There's the word 'box' in it. What if we made it look... wait for it... A BOX!?"
    05-21-2013 07:31 PM
    They should have put curved edges all around, maybe encased in in glass, put an Apple logo on it.
    05-22-2013 02:27 AM
    I did feel it's a bit bland too. Like I think the 360 was pretty nice looking. However, xboxs arnt mobile gaming devices, thus I rather take a design that supports the hardware than potentially awesome looking device that overheats cos it was designed with.. design first :D
    05-22-2013 03:25 AM
    Does anyone have an xbox that is in full display?

I have 2, one is in the AV unit at home, and you cant see it. The other is hidden behind my gaming chair, and i don't see it I don't get why they need to be good looking.

I'd rather have no Bluray drive, and a bigger disk, so i could hide it completely, and never see it.
    05-22-2013 05:50 AM
    Personally I quite like it. My current xbox is sitting on top of my blu ray player in a cabinet beneath my tv and it looks ugly - now I can replace both with just one box. The thing I like most is that it looks solid and means business. Much prefer function over form.
    wpn00b likes this.
    05-22-2013 06:00 AM
    Had something that looked like this 30 years ago.c-950-1-.gif
    wpn00b likes this.
    05-22-2013 06:26 AM
    This was a descent enough design. will go in anyone's living room with some style. Blends extremely well for about 90% of Americans living rooms.
    05-22-2013 07:14 AM
    I really like where the design of the Xbox One went. The more subtle livingroom feel pleases my eyes and i can imagine it to fit seamlessly into my setup without a dominant visual appearance. The Xbox One will be more mediacenter than gaming console. Sure this is a huge and bold step away from gamers, gut MS has to tease other customers to their product. Why buy seven different devices when there is ONE to rule them all ... or something like this ;)

Here is a YT link to a wired interview regarding the ONEs design.

Cheers,
    Tom
    wpn00b and camptime like this.
    05-22-2013 07:17 AM
    I've never owned an XBOX but always wanted one. I thought the first was bulky and uglym the 360 was good-looking, but this ONE is beautiful to me. Tastefully understated. I mean, it's like wearing a tuxedo. Classy enough to be accepted just anywhere but secretly everyone knows you're going to a party(of some sort).
    tommikovski likes this.
    05-22-2013 09:20 AM
    You guys have terrible taste, the industrial design is gorgeous
    wpn00b likes this.
    05-22-2013 10:38 AM
    You guys have terrible taste, the industrial design is gorgeous
    I don't mind it. But I do think it could look much better. I am, however, in favor of utility over design. If I had an ugly piece of crap I could hide in my TV stand that dissipates heat much better than a beautiful piece of hardware that has issues, I'm happy.
    05-22-2013 11:13 AM
    This was a descent enough design. will go in anyone's living room with some style. Blends extremely well for about 90% of Americans living rooms.
    I'm thinking exactly along the lines with you. It looks fine and will blend well with everything else in my living room. Blends in better than my htpc(dell Zino)
    05-22-2013 05:52 PM
    yeah, like some one else said, it is a little bland, but they did that on purpose so that is looks more like a set top box and blends in, unlike the 360, that will stick out like a sore thumb. Even though its a little bland, I still think that it looks sophisticated too.
    05-22-2013 06:56 PM