Multiple accounts can use a single Gold account

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Since they're doing this, would it cost more than the regular monthly setup or would they increase the price to be "halfway" between sold single user and family plan.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Since they're doing this, would it cost more than the regular monthly setup or would they increase the price to be "halfway" between sold single user and family plan.

From what i can see it will still cost the same but im not sure how they will handle it, either the subscribtion is per household (unlikely) or by console (likely), so your "gold" account activates subscription of all other accounts on the same console, but it's limited to a single console i suppose? Im not sure how they will handle it.

A per console basis could work like this, not so consumer friendly, but the most foolproof way to make shared subscription work without losing to much on revenue.
  1. Your account unlocks access on console A and your Account knows that you unlocked access on console A,
    so all other accounts on console A will use the same subscription.
  2. If you login with this account on console B your account knows that you unlocked access on console A
    and will NOT unlock access for other accounts on console B.
  3. To be able to share your subscription on console B you have to remove your console A from your account to get back your shared subscription for console B,
    wich in turn removes the shared subscription from console A.

Well that would be one way to handle shared subscription per console basis, this is by no means accurate information but mere speculation.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
From what i can see it will still cost the same but im not sure how they will handle it, either the subscribtion is per household (unlikely) or by console (likely), so your "gold" account activates subscription of all other accounts on the same console, but it's limited to a single console i suppose? Im not sure how they will handle it.

A per console basis could work like this, not so consumer friendly, but the most foolproof way to make shared subscription work without losing to much on revenue.
  1. Your account unlocks access on console A and your Account knows that you unlocked access on console A,
    so all other accounts on console A will use the same subscription.
  2. If you login with this account on console B your account knows that you unlocked access on console A
    and will NOT unlock access for other accounts on console B.
  3. To be able to share your subscription on console B you have to remove your console A from your account to get back your shared subscription for console B,
    wich in turn removes the shared subscription from console A.

Well that would be one way to handle shared subscription per console basis, this is by no means accurate information but mere speculation.

I think you looked too deeply into it. The whole purpose of Xbox One's cloud focus is portability and versatility. The whole purpose of the term "cloud" is to lift device-specific restrictions.

Most likely, it will be like the original post. One subscription, multiple accounts. However, chances are that two accounts under the same subscription will not be able to be signed in from two different consoles. If they are allowed to be signed in at the same time, they will not be able to play the same game.

I would rather not waste my time trying to think about how they will do it. Once Microsoft officially announces how the system will work. all of these predictions will be pointless and have been a waste of time. If you predict it correctly, congrats. You can now tell a few forum members here "I Told You So".

In the end, it's just going to promote the spread of false information. Just have patience.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Gold account tied to your routers IP address would be the easiest - multiple consoles in the house all run through the same router IP allowing you to have more than one xbox one and carry on using any 360's in the house.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Gold account tied to your routers IP address would be the easiest - multiple consoles in the house all run through the same router IP allowing you to have more than one xbox one and carry on using any 360's in the house.

It would have to account for dynamic IPs, though, but I guess it could just simply verify it "on the go" as to whatever the IP at that time is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes