06-06-2013 07:37 PM
31 12
tools
    the 360 had a "lesser" GPU than the PS3 and most games you can't tell the difference. The reason why is developers have to make games for multiple platforms and they won't spend the extra dough to take advantage of the tweaks. The game Dishonored comes to mind. Graphically impressive but basically identical on both platforms.
    misconception that started pre PS3 launch.

06-06-2013 04:44 AM
    A PC, PS4, or Xbox One are only as powerful as the skills of the game developer making games for it.

So, arguing about which system has more graphically impressive games is moot. The PC and possibly the PS4 have greater POTENTIAL to be incredibly good looking compared to the XBOX One...but only if a developer spends the resources and time to tap into that potential.

A game on each platform will all look really good and we're at the point (I think) that arguing about which one looks better is becoming increasingly more difficult to find the clear differences.
    Vallos likes this.
    06-06-2013 02:46 PM
    A PC, PS4, or Xbox One are only as powerful as the skills of the game developer making games for it.

So, arguing about which system has more graphically impressive games is moot. The PC and possibly the PS4 have greater POTENTIAL to be incredibly good looking compared to the XBOX One...but only if a developer spends the resources and time to tap into that potential.

A game on each platform will all look really good and we're at the point (I think) that arguing about which one looks better is becoming increasingly more difficult to find the clear differences.
    I like your statement, but I think that the Xbox One and PS4 have greater potential to be more powerful than the PC for some time. Eventually the PC will catch up with better hardware, but I think they will be more powerful than the PC because of the software. The software is optimized for the hardware in a way that's not possible on PC. Also, the architectures of the silicon boards are very unique and different.
    06-06-2013 02:58 PM
    I think gameplay is the most important factor in a game. It could look fantastic and still be a crap game. Unless the Xbox one displays stick figures and the ps4 has realistic humans its really not going to be that big a deal. The ways in which the One's cloud features can enhance a game are more interesting to me.
    Robert Carpenter and Vallos like this.
    06-06-2013 03:09 PM
    I thought the two systems were closer from a spec perspective, with the only advantage going to the PS4 with GDDR5 RAM... But after reading that article, the graphics processors are quite far apart, on paper anyways.

IDK why it is bugging me so much? The One is more than just a pretty face when you consider the Kinect and TV integration. I’m wondering how much more my wife will use the One (TV/Internet) vs. the 360 (which hasn’t been used much lately)?

I’d really like to see some side by side videos of the same game, optimized for both the One and PS4. However I doubt developers will put much effort forth to push the PS4 to its limits when the game will probably target the One in the first place.
    travisel likes this.
    06-06-2013 04:01 PM
    Has the graphics processor on the One been confirmed yet?
    06-06-2013 07:37 PM
31 12