05-23-2013 06:06 PM
    Typically, the naysayers are already spinning this as a Microsoft trying to cover up a a slower CPU. What does Sony have to compare with Azure? Nothing. Microsoft is going to destroy Sony.
    05-23-2013 10:08 PM
    I wonder if we'll see games that offer a choice between whether you want to use cloud computing or hardware only.

For example, you could apply cloud computing to Halo 5 and get enhanced graphical effects.

Or you can choose to start the game using only the built-in hardware and the graphics are just scaled back.

And then you could have the option to switch between the two based on whether or not your internet was connected.
    05-24-2013 01:51 PM
    I was reading about it earlier and this surely in paper sounds like a great technology from Microsoft, lets hope developers can take advantage of that.
    But it would be boring if you have to choose or change graphic options like in PC to use this or not. I would expect it to work automatically, even in SP games, if you have internet give me the better experience and graphics, and if you don't have internet well, the game is supposed not to look so much different anyway.

in the end, this feature really sounds amazing, but its all up to developers to use it, how they use it etc etc.
    05-24-2013 02:23 PM
    I was reading about it earlier and this surely in paper sounds like a great technology from Microsoft, lets hope developers can take advantage of that.
    But it would be boring if you have to choose or change graphic options like in PC to use this or not. I would expect it to work automatically, even in SP games, if you have internet give me the better experience and graphics, and if you don't have internet well, the game is supposed not to look so much different anyway.

in the end, this feature really sounds amazing, but its all up to developers to use it, how they use it etc etc.
    I'd think least of the games are going to use this feature at launch, but the feature could be very important in later lifecycles of the console.
    Overall cloud integration that Developers can use to off-load computing is a fantastic decision, it makes the console more powerful in later lifecycles as the live servers can be improved, inmproved.. improved, but the Console can't really get a new GPU/CPU etc, the hardware has to stay the same to ensure compatbility from start to finish. It will be very interesting to see how both the PS4 and X1 will evolve over time.
    05-25-2013 09:55 AM