05-26-2013 09:19 AM
    Still wondering if this will need an adapter or something. So, if someone is wearing a light sweater, it can tell your heartbeat ? Not sure how that is even possible as it's taking it's info from what the eye can see.

They claim it can do it, so it should do it but, the big question is how and how accurate it will be.
    05-26-2013 12:45 PM
    Still wondering if this will need an adapter or something. So, if someone is wearing a light sweater, it can tell your heartbeat ? Not sure how that is even possible as it's taking it's info from what the eye can see.

They claim it can do it, so it should do it but, the big question is how and how accurate it will be.
    Well it can't really be very accurate, but i suppose they are using the Time of Flight sensor for this, each photon that bounces off somewhere has a different time it will come back, so technically this sensor could see your veins pulsing, your head is usually exposed so this is probably where they try to focus on.
    05-26-2013 02:11 PM
    Well it can't really be very accurate, but i suppose they are using the Time of Flight sensor for this, each photon that bounces off somewhere has a different time it will come back, so technically this sensor could see your veins pulsing, your head is usually exposed so this is probably where they try to focus on.
    This is a very advanced tech - Apple fans must be drooling.
    05-26-2013 02:57 PM
    I hard read that it reads your heartbeat through your face and can notice the changes in your skin. Apparently the way the system works it doesn't matter how light or dark an individual's skin is for it to work. Pretty neat.

Even though it seems weird, this is a much better solution to the Nintendo Vitality Sensor from a few E3s back...
    05-26-2013 04:03 PM
    Indeed, it was said that it reads the micro fluctuations from your skin or something like that, so basically very small changes in your skin caused by the heartbeat and all that. In that one video from Wired, it estimated the heartrate into 60 for the wired-guy, which is pretty basic, but I guess it could claim that even without working lol. Would have to see some video from a person doing a workout and see if it rises properly.
    05-27-2013 05:58 AM
    Researchers amplify variations in video, making the invisible visible - MIT News Office

Read this article, as I have a feeling a lot of the heart-rate tech in the Xbox is an evolution of this research from MIT. MIT's algorithms can be applied to ANY existing video. You can take your home-videos from when you were three years old, and then use this to see what your heart rate was.
    05-28-2013 11:51 AM