Status
Not open for further replies.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
LOL

You're believing every rumor you read.

I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

No I'm not. I'm just going by actual interviews with Phil Harrison and others from Microsoft. Not rumors!! Phil Harrison himself stated the Xbox 1 will have to check the internet once every 24 hours. Also its a fact about the gpu. The gpu in the Xbox 1 is an and 7790 the ps4 have a 7850 plus the 8 gigs of Gddr 5 will produce insane bandwidth .

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
its laughable to think xbox one won't have good games. everybody relax. would i rather have a console that ONLY plays games, or one that I can use to get all of my entertainment, INCLUDING great games? I'd take the all in "one" experience. PS3 has better specs than Xbox 360, but which one do you like better?

jeez

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not. I'm just going by actual interviews with Phil Harrison and others from Microsoft. Not rumors!! Phil Harrison himself stated the Xbox 1 will have to check the internet once every 24 hours. Also its a fact about the gpu. The gpu in the Xbox 1 is an and 7790 the ps4 have a 7850 plus the 8 gigs of Gddr 5 will produce insane bandwidth .

Microsoft has already said the 24 hour check-in is a 'potential scenario.' Doesn't mean it will or won't be that way.

But truly... I could care less. I don't buy used games and the friends that I do have on Xbox Live don't live anywhere near me so I won't be handing my games over to them...

I still remember all the fuss made over the fact that the 360 didn't have full BC and people mightily standing on their soap boxes saying 'i'll never buy that 360 if it can't play my old games!'

70 million+ consoles sold later...

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Tinfoil hat time with the Kinect 2. Guess what governments are already investigating Google Glass as well. You can't stop innovation.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has already said the 24 hour check-in is a 'potential scenario.' Doesn't mean it will or won't be that way.

But truly... I could care less. I don't buy used games and the friends that I do have on Xbox Live don't live anywhere near me so I won't be handing my games over to them...

I still remember all the fuss made over the fact that the 360 didn't have full BC and people mightily standing on their soap boxes saying 'i'll never buy that 360 if it can't play my old games!'

70 million+ consoles sold later...

There is nothing locked-down as far as the 24-hour check-in. They can always change it to once a week or month. Also they said there will be special exemptions for the military.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a PS3 and an Xbox 360. My Xbox gets used much more than my PS3. Mainly, my PS3 is a bluray player.

Before I was married, I gamed constantly. My weekends were spent playing COD and Halo with my bachelor friends. Now that I am married, I still use the Xbox, but we use it for multimedia. I play games still, just not avidly as I once did.
So in this new console cycle, what am I looking for? The system that does much more than just gaming. The multimedia features look awesome on the Xbox One. It also looks easy to navigate for my technologically challenged wife.

Also, all of this fuming over "XBOX ISNT BOUT THA GAMES !!!1!" makes me chuckle a bit. Microsoft admitted up front that the Xbox reveal was going to be about features, while E3 would be about the games. I don't understand where all the rage is coming from: they already told us the games would come at E3.

Nerd-ragers must be appeased at all costs. Let Sony appease them.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

You're taking small quotes where he is purposely trying to reveal as little as possible, and jumping to grand conclusions based on it.

And the GPU hasn't been confirmed. You don't know the GPU.

The RAM aspect appears to be true, but you have no idea how this will translate into real world performance. Especially since the Xbox has the 32 GB cache to make up for much of that speed.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You're taking small quotes where he is purposely trying to reveal as little as possible, and jumping to grand conclusions based on it.

And the GPU hasn't been confirmed. You don't know the GPU.

The RAM aspect appears to be true, but you have no idea how this will translate into real world performance. Especially since the Xbox has the 32 GB cache to make up for much of that speed.

What I find really funny, is an 'argument' about specs and how the XBOX One is doomed because it doesn't 'match up' with the PS4 on a forum for a mobile platform that tries to quell fears of 'specs matching' saying, the specs are irrelevant...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Can a moderator please lock this thread? It is so full of BS clear back to post #1.

People need to relax. MS adds features to the Xbox and everyone freaks out. If your life is so dependent on Xbox and its future that you over react at every detail, then maybe you should rethink your priorities in life.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What I find really funny, is an 'argument' about specs and how the XBOX One is doomed because it doesn't 'match up' with the PS4 on a forum for a mobile platform that tries to quell fears of 'specs matching' saying, the specs are irrelevant...

And the current gen Xbox is even more crippled spec wise, but yet it outpaced the current Play Station.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

To be fair, in game consoles, developers will end up trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of the hardware. You don't have the concern of battery life.

This won't matter much for the first few years though, because developers will still be familiarizing themselves with the hardware and tweaking/adjusting their engines accordingly.

4 or 5 yrs from now, we'll see Sony polygonal graphics pushing further than ONE's. Though it might only be noticeable on 4k TVs.
Then again, the ONE will be offloading things that can be precomputed, like volumetric rendering or AI.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, in game consoles, developers will end up trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of the hardware. You don't have the concern of battery life.

This won't matter much for the first few years though, because developers will still be familiarizing themselves with the hardware and tweaking/adjusting their engines accordingly.

4 or 5 yrs from now, we'll see Sony polygonal graphics pushing further than ONE's. Though it might only be noticeable on 4k TVs.
Then again, the ONE will be offloading things that can be precomputed, like volumetric rendering or AI.

The consoles will each have their pros and cons. Each will do very well. There is room in the market for both.

Steven Garrigus

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Can a moderator please lock this thread? It is so full of BS clear back to post #1.

What BS did I post? I posted my legitimate concerns about the Xbox One and the crap Microsoft is trying to pull. I'm not freaking out. I'm expressing my displeasure at what I-as a consumer and avid Xbox fan-consider to be poor business decisions that will impede and hinder my gaming. Adding features? Hey, cool with me. Whatever floats somebody's boat.

Intrusive DRM? Mandatory online, even for just single-player gaming? Yes-they say checks. Phil Harrison HIMSELF says once every 24 hours or so. Can I throw a cover/towel/something over the Kinect because I don't want it looking at my room and what's happening in it? Gee-I guess you missed the patent filings where you could be charged more for say-a movie rental-based on the number of people the Kinect sees in the room?

You ask a moderator to lock this thread because you have a different opinion than mine. Childish much? Just because you are fine drinking the Koolaid doesn't mean everyone is. I thought the purpose of forums were for discussion. Am I wrong?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What BS did I post? I posted my legitimate concerns about the Xbox One and the crap Microsoft is trying to pull. I'm not freaking out. I'm expressing my displeasure at what I-as a consumer and avid Xbox fan-consider to be poor business decisions that will impede and hinder my gaming. Adding features? Hey, cool with me. Whatever floats somebody's boat.

Intrusive DRM? Mandatory online, even for just single-player gaming? Yes-they say checks. Phil Harrison HIMSELF says once every 24 hours or so. Can I throw a cover/towel/something over the Kinect because I don't want it looking at my room and what's happening in it? Gee-I guess you missed the patent filings where you could be charged more for say-a movie rental-based on the number of people the Kinect sees in the room?

You ask a moderator to lock this thread because you have a different opinion than mine. Childish much? Just because you are fine drinking the Koolaid doesn't mean everyone is. I thought the purpose of forums were for discussion. Am I wrong?

You just posted BS in that post. It has already been cleared that the Xbox does not have to be online to play single player games or anything that local that doesn't require an internet connection.

Microsoft has stated that multiple times in multiple interviews. They've publicly acknowledged that not everyone has access to the internet, so why would they limit their audience by requiring it to be online. The fact that you continue to bring it up as an issue clearly shows you are freaking out.

Your concerns are over rumors, rumors, rumors, and more rumors. Then you add speculation which leads to nothing but more rumors.

You are making judgments of "poor business decisions" when they haven't even stated what you claim.

It seems with "avid fans" such as yourself, adding features is bad and Microsoftshould have just come out with the same Xbox but in different colors so they don't scare the little gamers away with new exciting feature.

Steven Garrigus

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You just posted BS in that post. It has already been cleared that the Xbox does not have to be online to play single player games or anything that local that doesn't require an internet connection. Microsoft has stated that multiple times in multiple interviews. They've publicly acknowledged that not everyone has access to the internet, so why would they limit their audience by requiring it to be online. The fact that you continue to bring it up as an issue clearly shows you are freaking out. Your concerns are over rumors, rumors, rumors, and more rumors. Then you add speculation which leads to nothing but more rumors. You are making judgments of "poor business decisions" when they haven't even stated what you claim.
It seems with "avid fans" such as yourself, adding features is bad and Microsoft should have just come out with the same Xbox but in different colors so they don't scare the little gamers away with new exciting feature.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but here is a DIRECT QUOTE from an interview between Kotaku and Phil Harrison at Microsoft. Are you ready?

"Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct."

Here's the full article. Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever

where is the BS in that? Not rumors, rumors, rumors. Truth from Microsoft's own mouthpiece. Care to comment?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble, but here is a DIRECT QUOTE from an interview between Kotaku and Phil Harrison at Microsoft. Are you ready?

"Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct."

Here's the full article. Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever

where is the BS in that? Not rumors, rumors, rumors. Truth from Microsoft's own mouthpiece. Care to comment?

You do realize that that article has been updated right?

Update: Sounds like things are a mess over at Microsoft. Now they're telling Polygon that Harrison's comments illustrate a "potential scenario."
"While Phil [Harrison] discussed many potential scenarios around games on Xbox One, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," a Microsoft rep said. "There have been reports of a specific time period — those were discussions of potential scenarios, but we have not confirmed any details today, nor will we be."

Steven Garrigus

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You do realize that that article has been updated right?

So another confusion, run-around story is now claiming that Phil Harrison-Corporate Vice President of Microsoft...is all wrong in what he said? Even if true, this is a complete disaster. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Microsoft has created a giant mess. Nobody knows what is going on, more will be revealed later, online required then not required then required again....I hope they sort this all out. They are making a mockery of themselves and pissing their fanbase off.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Its not that the check ins are once every 24hrs or once a week etc its the fact that unless you have internet connection you can't play even single player. For instance my nephew has an Xbox and so does his brother. They don't have internet so this means they can't even play single player only games on Xbox 1 due to some form of internet check ins because Microsoft has games check their servers for authentication to make sure their key codes are legit. That is total bs. I don't care about used games either but the bs that Microsoft has said is wrong. It just shows incompetence on their part but we all know how incompetent they are . Just look at windows 8 and windows phone 8
Microsoft stated during their reveal that they would be upping the xbl server amount from 15000 to 300000. That's total bs and every tech writer knows it. They will make virtual servers that won't help all that much. Microsofts plan for Xbox one is to have the cloud make up the hardware performance that the box is missing and this is another reason for it "needing" a always on connection.the cloud is not going to be able to keep up with games 1:1 Microsoft shot their themselves in the foot. They completely ruined anything the Xbox one could be because they want to be everyone's set top box. Another issue is Kinect 2. If Kinect 2 breaks your Xbox won't work any longer. That's total bs. Microsoft is so out of touch with the community that made them able to compete . They ruined lion head, rare, and bungie. Now epic wants out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss