Will this mean the death knell of Indie gaming on XBox? I mean XNA is only 4 years old and already Microsoft is dumping it in favor of WinRT. Why should developers ever trust Microsoft again?
    05-28-2013 11:05 PM
    Keep in mind that XNA isn't all that different than WinRT. It's very similar.

But... If only there was a developers' conference coming up soon...

Microsoft Build Developer Conference | June 26

And here... Microsoft Build Developer Conference | June 26... does that look like an XBOX logo when you scroll down?

...and we have Don Mattrick saying... "We're going to have an independent creator program ... We're going to sponsor it. We're going to give people tools. We're going to give more information ... That is something we thinkI thinkis important .... That's how I started in the industry. There's no way we're going to build a box that doesn't support that."
    Microsoft hints at replacement for XNA for Xbox One indie game creators - Neowin

I think that there are some cool things on the horizon for developers.
    05-28-2013 11:27 PM
    Will this mean the death knell of Indie gaming on XBox? I mean XNA is only 4 years old and already Microsoft is dumping it in favor of WinRT. Why should developers ever trust Microsoft again?
    XNA is a framework. As long as the framework comes bundled with the game, which it does, the game will always work. Discontinuing XNA has no affect on games that were developed with it. Developers are not affected by this at all, besides the fact that they have to use something different moving forward. But the replacement is better, so its nothing but a positive.
    05-28-2013 11:33 PM