Xbox one price $499.99....

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how a subscription model would work considering a large portion of the early adopters are people who already have XBOX LIVE, and have renewed religiously anyways.

Hmh, you are probably right...

How about just for new customers! Inb4 the ****storm from old users :D

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how a subscription model would work considering a large portion of the early adopters are people who already have XBOX LIVE, and have renewed religiously anyways.

I'm guessing an additional Live subscription would add-on to the current subscription. So if you have 1 year of Live + 1 more year you'll have 2 years of Live.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
In America we undervalue the price of our smartphones because of carrier subsidies. I think people would lose their marbles if they had to pay $650 for an unlocked Galaxy S4 or $700 for an HTC One.

It's pretty funny to see when someone breaks their iPhone 5 (I know someone who went through this) and said no way to insurance when he got the phone (quote from him "Not worth it") and when walked in, while in contract and tried to get another one, Yep $599.99 and they would not budge on price any bit. He's now sporting a old Windows Mobile device (what he had sitting around) and knows the value of that $6 a month now.... All it takes is one time..

The Xbox One, if this price is right, is right in line where I thought it would be. Xbox 360 was $399.99 new, PS3 was $599.99....I bet the PS4 is released right around the same price or a little more... IF they release a $600-700 console, they will be in the same boat as they were before, too much money for most people and the reason why the 360 sold better...or in the price case, the Wii ($249.99)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think ~500 is where they need to be with The One.... Although I can't help but feel it will more than that when you consider the Kinect.

Anyhow, it's going to be fun watching MS' E3 press event on June 10 @ 12:30PM EDT (11:30 PM for me, so I can watch on my lunch break).

Edit, Corrected the time!

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think ~500 is where they need to be with The One.... Although I can't help but feel it will more than that when you consider the Kinect.

Anyhow, it's going to be fun watching MS' E3 press event on June 10 @ 1PM EDT (12PM for me, so I can watch on my lunch break).

Thought E3 was June 11-13th, Where did you get the date of the 10th @ 1PM ?

Lunch break or not, I will be watching it at my desk at work. I have dual monitors at my desk so I can work on one and watch on the other :)

If it's at 1pm EDT, I will just delay my lunch a little...

The liver is evil and must be punished

Love it !!! :)

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmh, you are probably right...

How about just for new customers! Inb4 the ****storm from old users :D

There won't be a ****storm from old users, because most of us are already willing to buy the console outright and avoid the higher cost of Live service through the subsidy contract.

Hmmm, a couple of sites have different times listed, but bellow is a link to IGN which has an announcement that says please arrive by 8:45am PST...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2013_Press_Conferences

In any event, MS, EA, Ubisoft and Sony all have conferences on June 10.

Looks like I might be "sick" on June 10 ;)

I have to watch the Sony conference just to see some Destiny gameplay.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think $500 is a fair price. Mind you, i still think the device should have a 1TB HDD instead of 500GB...im hoping they opt for universal expandable storage. Nah, that wont happen.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think $500 is a fair price. Mind you, i still think the device should have a 1TB HDD instead of 500GB...im hoping they opt for universal expandable storage. Nah, that wont happen.

Actually, already confirmed! USB 3.0 + Windows Kernel = Compatibility with external hard drives. You can expand your storage however you want, even with an external SSD instead of HDD. :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just because it's theoretically possible, doesn't mean they will implement it 100%... Have they confirmed what if anything u could use an external drive for? Games, game saves, music/pictures, DVR, etc...

I'm leaning towards it only being usable for pictures and music... Maybe DVR if we are lucky, but probably not for games... A 500GB limit for games could be one way to prevent piracy... You can only have x games installed at a time, so you'll need to keep the disc to reinstall if other games push it out of the installed queue.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just because it's theoretically possible, doesn't mean they will implement it 100%... Have they confirmed what if anything u could use an external drive for? Games, game saves, music/pictures, DVR, etc...

I'm leaning towards it only being usable for pictures and music... Maybe DVR if we are lucky, but probably not for games... A 500GB limit for games could be one way to prevent piracy... You can only have x games installed at a time, so you'll need to keep the disc to reinstall if other games push it out of the installed queue.

Confirmed officially from Microsoft that it can be used for almost anything. I know they specifically said it could be used for games.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I also believe that I heard it confirmed that an external hard drive could be used for anything the consumer uses the internal hard drive for.

I don't recall where though.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
If they are released the same time I think they should price at least $50 under sony no matter what both systems have. BUT the console market took a big dive with the surge of the mobile market... even nintendo is struggling to sell units since they launched the wii u.

after 15% sales tax my 20gb pro and COD2 at launch came to $650

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
wait...this price tag wasn't confirmed at all
I also believe that I heard it confirmed that an external hard drive could be used for anything the consumer uses the internal hard drive for.

I don't recall where though.
yeah it was... I read it on polygon.com and IGN.com

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If it's $499.99 with no other cheaper option, I can guarantee that it will not sell in huge numbers. Msft is no Apple and XBox One doesn't have any game changing
technology for non-gamers.(Voice and gesture integration with cable tv doesn't justify an average customer to spend $500 for such a huge box on top of Xbox live fees)

I am sure though that there will be cheaper options.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If it's $499.99 with no other cheaper option, I can guarantee that it will not sell in huge numbers. Msft is no Apple and XBox One doesn't have any game changing
technology for non-gamers.(Voice and gesture integration with cable tv doesn't justify an average customer to spend $500 for such a huge box on top of Xbox live fees)

I am sure though that there will be cheaper options.

I know for a fact that plenty of Apple customers will pay $499 for this IF the Kinect is as good as the hype machine is saying it is.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If it's priced on par with the PS4, I'd think it would sell as well or better than the PS4 due to the added TV functionality and Kinect... I don't foresee a noticeable difference in graphics between the 2, each has pros and cons over the other.

anon(5876801)

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
If it's priced on par with the PS4, I'd think it would sell as well or better than the PS4 due to the added TV functionality and Kinect... I don't foresee a noticeable difference in graphics between the 2, each has pros and cons over the other.

It most likely will come down to software and useablity, especially with families and living rooms. Hardware is pretty much the same, and that's where it most likely stay like that in this and the next generation(if consoles don't die off). I think if the next Xbox comes bundled with the improved Kinect at $499, Microsoft would pose a serious threat to Sony in the next-gen era.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786