Xbox one price $499.99....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was looking around today and ran into this on a VERY well known Windows site, You would never find rumor at this site...

and I found this interesting on a disussion about Windows 8 and Xbox 1..

Winsupersite.com said:
Price. Where the Xbox 360 can be had for as little as $99 with a two-year Xbox Live commitment at $15 a month, and a mainstream version is just $199, the Xbox One is a premium entertainment experience that ships with a Kinect sensor whether you want it or not and will cost $499. There?s no entry level version, and there?s no non-gaming version (though both were planned at one time).

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/what-if-xbox-one-another-windows-8

Figured this would be interesting to share...

Now that we know it will be $499.99, do you think it's too much and are you going to buy one ?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"You would never find rumor at this site..."

Please!

89% of everything on the internet is rumor. The other 10% are LIES!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not believing it as some end-all fact, however the price would seem pretty nice.

That said, I thought the entry level-with 2 year commitment-bundle would've been available.

Sadly tech prices don't do currency conversions. 500 usd would be less than 400?, at which price I wouldn't even think twice, but it's gonna be just USD = euro, thus at least 500? :p

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
That's too much money. I'll just wait and buy a used one from gamestop in a year for half that. But many will pay this much (sucker's born every minute, lmao!) and have many "reasons" to justify the high price.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Go back pre-iPad and I think people would see $500 dollars and go OMG!!!

The iPad has changed people's perception of a $500 consumer device and I don't think there will be any major shock. People will just go, "It goes as much as an iPad."

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

The iPad has changed people's perception of a $500 consumer device and I don't think there will be any major shock. People will just go, "It goes as much as an iPad."

In that case, I wonder how many people saw the iPad when it came out and went "It goes for just as much as an Xbox360/PS3".

I personally think that $500 is too good to be true. I will be extremely happy if the new consoles are $700 or under. If they are $700-800, I will not be disappointed at all.

If you bought an Xbox 360 or PS3 when they released, complaining about a $500-$600 Xbox One or PS4 makes you a hypocrite. :)

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
While $499 sounds about right and Paul Thurrott is pretty reliable, he has gotten some things about the One wrong. So I wouldn't count on pricing until I hear it from Microsoft.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It would be really interesting to see if MS goes with the subscription model for the XO launch. I'll probably only buy one next-gen system this fall but I might consider a subscription because that would free up funds for a PS4.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It would be really interesting to see if MS goes with the subscription model for the XO launch. I'll probably only buy one next-gen system this fall but I might consider a subscription because that would free up funds for a PS4.

Would be smart if they would, im sure many would opt for it as the initial investment won't be as high which also brings in people who wouldn't get one in the first place to actually buy one :) But as long as such a deal is always just US only it won't really bring in that many people.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Even before iPads a smartphone would still be that 500 usd, so it's not like it that. And one could argue that a smartphone might do less than a tablet.

I really hope we're seeing one of those (initially) cheaper subscription model X1's, as that would definitely make it easier for me to afford one as well and I'm sure theres a crapton of people who think the same.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In America we undervalue the price of our smartphones because of carrier subsidies. I think people would lose their marbles if they had to pay $650 for an unlocked Galaxy S4 or $700 for an HTC One.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how a subscription model would work considering a large portion of the early adopters are people who already have XBOX LIVE, and have renewed religiously anyways.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If people gladly buy a stupid iPad for $499, why wouldn't they buy an XBox One which can do so much more?

Everyone places a different value on what they will or won't spend money on. I'm not gonna go out and spend $60 on Madden. I personally don't think its worth it. But Nintendo announces and releases the next Zelda tomorrow for $60 and I will be first in line.

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that'll be the ideal price. I will most likely buy one for the family room & maybe another for my bedroom to replace my roku since prime is available on Xbox Live not to mention other services thus equating to the "One".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)