Xbox one price $499.99....

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
MS has positioned the device as an entertainment system that encompasses more than just games, so MAYBE if consoles start to die off, it will still have a life of it's own.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, wife has agreed to run to the store and preorder as soon as preordering starts... I'm not patient enough to wait for a sale either... Fortunately, my wife is a techie too, so she's just as anxious as me... I actually had to talk her out of getting a GOW special edition 360 and she was upset with me for a couple of days. I did get the retro Lancer though :D LOL, Here is a post I made from back when I was still using a Pre2... http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...line-gow3-quick-wp7-question.html#post1566664

So, if the price is confirmed, then has Nov. 30 been confirmed as the launch day?

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There hasn't been a confirmation of price or release date.

It might be $699 for all we know; though I doubt it.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that the preorder price on Zavvi is close to the true retail price here in the UK.... Any more than the ?400 guess would be disastrous like the PS3 release over this price.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Would they really put a discount on such a new console? I'm not sure if they would.

I ddon'tthink so either. I ddon't recall the 360 having a big discount on Black Friday when it was new.

I can see some sort of bundle being made available though.

Hmmmm... that's a good point. MS may not give a good discount, but there are always stores like WalMart, Target and even Amazon who like to give out gift cards to sweeten Black Friday deals.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm... that's a good point. MS may not give a good discount, but there are always stores like WalMart, Target and even Amazon who like to give out gift cards to sweeten Black Friday deals.
I imagine the actual Microsoft Stores will be doing this as well.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I was looking around today and ran into this on a VERY well known Windows site, You would never find rumor at this site...

and I found this interesting on a disussion about Windows 8 and Xbox 1..

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/what-if-xbox-one-another-windows-8

Figured this would be interesting to share...

Now that we know it will be $499.99, do you think it's too much and are you going to buy one ?

Never find rumors and speculation on Paul's site?

His site is almost nothing but rumors and speculation. He's often wrong, and when folks inside MS deny him exclusives he often behaves poorly towards them.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong...but to say you will never find rumors there is about as wrong as anyone can ever get.

Also any prices you see on sites right now are placeholder prices as no pricing has been announced.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Thank of Apple products discounts. For the first 6-8 months you wont see any discounting (maybe $10 buy very large chains), as you never do on new hardware like this. YOU might see bundles, more controllers, a few games etc for a good value but, getting a X1 for less than $499.99 after release is going to be hard unless your looking for only used systems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99