Xbox one price $499.99....

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sony dropping the price from 600 for the PS3 down to 350 for the PS4? I could never see that happening.

Although, who am I? Certainly not an analyst. I hope those will be the prices!

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sony dropping the price from 600 for the PS3 down to 350 for the PS4? I could never see that happening.

Although, who am I? Certainly not an analyst. I hope those will be the prices!

It would be a bold move, but would probably pay off in the long run. I would probably get one at launch if it was $350 whereas if it were $400 or more I would just wait for a must have exclusive.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Analyst Michael Pachter thinks that the PS4 will be $349.99 and the Xbox One $399.99.

I like his numbers. Even though he is quite wrong a lot (though, he is right a lot too).

I think this isn't very accurate. I don't see how the PS4 can have a lesser bill of materials.

The PS4 console alone should have a much higher cost than the Xbox One console because of the GDDR5 memory. Easy.
The PS4 controller has everything the Xbox One controller does, with a touchpad and some sort of LED light for the Move. They are either equal costs, or the PS4 controller is slightly more expensive.
The PS4 Move device has a higher resolution camera and I think it has an IR camera like the Xbox One Kinect.

There are very small price differences in the consoles overall package, besides the memory. The only significant cost difference in the cost between GDDR5 and DDR3 memory, but that alone should make the PS4 100$ more expensive.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
considering that this device will probably be in use 10 years from now, $500 is a worthwhile investment. People will spend twice that on phones in 10 years.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I want am Xbox One and will get one eventually. But not at $500. The best thing MS can do is get down to $400 or maybe even $350. They are big into having things to buy with Live points and people needing to pay $60 or so a year for Gold, they'll get their money back. Go low on price. Lower than Sony, that'll give them an advantage out the gate.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I want am Xbox One and will get one eventually. But not at $500. The best thing MS can do is get down to $400 or maybe even $350. They are big into having things to buy with Live points and people needing to pay $60 or so a year for Gold, they'll get their money back. Go low on price. Lower than Sony, that'll give them an advantage out the gate.

I think if you are expecting less than 500$ you aren't being reasonable. You can't expect the prices to be lower for what the hardware is. The prices will go down overtime but that is because the manufacturing costs go down. The Xbox 360 sold for 500$ and even then they were selling it for a loss. So if they are going to sell this console for 500$, chances are the might already be selling it at a loss this time too.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think if you are expecting less than 500$ you aren't being reasonable. You can't expect the prices to be lower for what the hardware is. The prices will go down overtime but that is because the manufacturing costs go down. The Xbox 360 sold for 500$ and even then they were selling it for a loss. So if they are going to sell this console for 500$, chances are the might already be selling it at a loss this time too.

The 360 in the US was 299 and 399 when it debuted, not 500 (or 499)

For comparison - the PS3 launched at 499 and 599 in the US...

I'm still willing to bet that the Xbox One and the PS4 will be closer to 399 than 599...

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The 360 in the US was 299 and 399 when it debuted, not 500 (or 499)

For comparison - the PS3 launched at 499 and 599 in the US...

I'm still willing to bet that the Xbox One and the PS4 will be closer to 399 than 599...

Thanks, I got mixed up by 100$ haha. But the elite launched months later at a price of $479 so it's still a valid argument. The cost of making the console will not justify a price lower than 500. If for some reason it happens to be lower than 500, then awesome, I won't be complaining haha. But for me, I'm expecting 700-800 just to be realistic. That way I'm not let down by expecting prices that don't really make complete sense.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Let's stop with the $60 gold ****. I just bought TWO YEARS of Gold on buy.com's eBay site for $40 No one but rubes pay full price for XBL Gold.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Let's stop with the $60 gold ****. I just bought TWO YEARS of Gold on buy.com's eBay site for $40 No one but rubes pay full price for XBL Gold.

I do. I pay the retail price for a 1-year subscription. I have my credit card saved and I have automatic renewal on. The convenience of never having to worry about when it runs out is well worth the extra 20$.

IMO, If 60$ a year is too expensive for you, tough luck. That's less than 25 cents a day. Can't afford 25 cents a day? That's your problem.

Obviously, if you CAN find it cheaper and you wish to spend the time, nothing wrong with that!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you mean the convenience is worth $40. That's a lot of convenience you are paying for. I said I got TWO YEARS for $40 (forty) dollars.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
you mean the convenience is worth $40. That's a lot of convenience you are paying for. I said I got TWO YEARS for $40 (forty) dollars.

Missed that part, but like I said, if you can find it cheaper kudos. My post wasn't really in response to your, but more of a follow up. It was more or less directed to the people who think that 60$ a year is too expensive for Xbox Live.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well actually it is when so many easy to access, cheaper alternatives are available. But for people to sit around and spout out the $60 price like it is the only option available is just BS.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I think that $499 is completely reasonable for the XO. You are getting the console, the kinect, and a controller (probably even a game).

If MS is going to set the price at something besides that, I imagine it would be in the range of 450 to 550. $600, while still an extremely reasonable price for what you are buying, will draw a lot of complaints from people. I also think that the PS4 is going to be priced around 450 to 650. Sony is probably going to drop the price to be more competative with the XO, but as a lot of you said, the hardware alone should be more expensive.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
consoles are always loss leaders. anything north of $500 will be a tough sell. you don't want to have to make tough sales in this business.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little upset that it starts at 11:30 (locally for me)... Gonna have issues trying to watch from work 😌

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb