Xbox one price $499.99....

Graven Pshya

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Everyone places a different value on what they will or won't spend money on. I'm not gonna go out and spend $60 on Madden. I personally don't think its worth it. But Nintendo announces and releases the next Zelda tomorrow for $60 and I will be first in line.

Even the Xbox One can multi-task. LOL

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
At 499.99, I think that's still doable. People spend that much on an iPad that doesn't do nearly the amount of stuff that the XBOX One can... or many of us (I didn't) purchase our smartphones outright for more than that...

I was disappointed that it wasn't announced if there will be a subsidized version of it with a subscription to XBOX Live Gold...

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
500 is doable here, but I feel bad for other countries. I'm not sure what stipulations are put in place, but the fact the UK and Europe has to pay more than us...and just wait for Australia to drop their ridiculous price...yeesh.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
This is most likely the price for early adapters, and they will most likely go on sale during Christmas. It's a fair price, in my opinion. After 10 years with Playstation, it's time to switch to XB1, the badass!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
500 is doable here, but I feel bad for other countries. I'm not sure what stipulations are put in place, but the fact the UK and Europe has to pay more than us...and just wait for Australia to drop their ridiculous price...yeesh.

I think what they're doing is that they are milking the remaining life shelf of X360. They don't want it to die off that quick yet. They don't want to cannibalize their own products.

But I know what you mean. I feel bad for the European countries. But I'm sure retail stores will have their own deals and discounts.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Considering most people have no trouble putting $499 down for an iPad, this is no problem for a next-Gen Xbox with next-gen Kinect.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah being in the UK it doesn't add up $499 converted to pounds is ?320 - I know we get shafted on tax in the UK but an extra ?110 on top of what your paying in the states is ridiculous.

I was expecting it to be ?400 so am ok with the ?429

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Is any of you actually surprised? When was the last time you bought new tech/gadgets that actually converted from dollars to €/?? I can't recall ever seeing that happen. It's default that in new tech, $ = €. The conversion here is probably so that $ = € and then the amount of euros is probably converted into pounds.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is any of you actually surprised? When was the last time you bought new tech/gadgets that actually converted from dollars to €/?? I can't recall ever seeing that happen. It's default that in new tech, $ = €. The conversion here is probably so that $ = € and then the amount of euros is probably converted into pounds.

Not surprised at all and yes your right doing the $ to Euro to ? conversion puts it at ?425. We always pay more for tech in the UK due to import tax that they love adding on top. One of the reasons why region locking sucks.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
$499 with no usedgames and 24hr check ins means Xbox 1 is not gonna sell half as many units as ps4. Sony seriously back handed Microsoft last night. The only way the Xbox 1 will survive is if Microsoft drops the cloud based checkins and DRM.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The price basically killed my interest in the short-term. I said this a while ago, that if they pushed this stupid Kinect on me for an extra $100 I don't want to spend, then I'd pass. I don't want the Kinect, at least not yet. If they had this at $399.99 with the Kinect (basically giving the thing away with the console), I wouldn't mind. Forcing me to buy additional hardware I don't intend to use makes this too much of a ridiculous money sink.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There will be used games, we've known that for a good time now. Given, it's not as freeform as previously, but we'll still have them.

That said, you have to account for the wider audience the X1 is targeting for, while it may lose some "purely gamers", it might gain new buyers from another niches who are looking for something else than a system capable of playing games. That's why I'm interested in the X1. I think the PS4 is sort of ripoff for that price seeing what it can do comapred to the X1. Sorta like selling a feature phone for almost the same price as a smartphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise