Xbox one price $499.99....

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any meaningful features on the Xbox One that I don't see on the PS4, but that's me.

Well, I liked that seamless integration of dashboard (with its media stuff) and game play. Really cool and also useful feature.

Also, what if forced bundled kinect creates new small ways to improve game play in what ever type of game. If that happens (and now it is more likely to happen), there is no way those features would swim to ps4 any time soon.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
can we just agree that Xbox is losing this gen?

Nah, in Finland the X1 is still preordering better :p

Besides, it's not like PS3 lost last gen even if their pricing was too high at start. 360 also had a fairly bad start with the RRoD, but we saw a very even battle for those 8 years. Either console might take the lead in the start like last time 360 did, but there's no way to call the result of the entire generation (that probably lasts closer to a decade) at this point.

Last edited:

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
$499 is ok for me. I actually want Kinect though as I have kids and they enjoy those sort of games. So Xbox One appeals to me on several fronts: Kinect, integrated game and TV (hate changing inputs), the exclusives, and Windows Phone/Smart Glass functionality.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
$499 is ok for me. I actually want Kinect though as I have kids and they enjoy those sort of games. So Xbox One appeals to me on several fronts: Kinect, integrated game and TV (hate changing inputs), the exclusives, and Windows Phone/Smart Glass functionality.

Yeah, and with the 360, they have the option to buy the Kinect with the console, if you want. However, I don't like that we have different needs, but we have to purchase the same SKU to meet those different hardware needs.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nah, in Finland the X1 is still preordering better :p

Besides, it's not like PS3 lost last gen even if their pricing was too high at start. 360 also had a fairly bad start with the RRoD, but we saw a very even battle for those 8 years. Either console might take the lead in the start like last time 360 did, but there's no way to call the result of the entire generation (that probably lasts closer to a decade) at this point.

Not trying to make any negative statements about geographical locations, but European nations seem more accepting of big-government-style actions like this DRM thing. There seems to be more of a complacency with such matters, when compared to Americans (specifically, those who lean to the right). Maybe it's that the right is paranoid or something, or it might ust be that we hold certain rights/expectations in higher regard than Europeans do.

While it might be mostly meaningless to have the required Kinect and DRM stuff for those in Finland, I think the American media is mostly knocking the potential privacy concerns and inconveniences of the locked-down nature of the Xbox One.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
are games going to be digitally distributed? Im done with physical media. Steam spoiled the hell out of me for the past 9 years

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Planning to be mostly digital, at least if they end up cheaper or the same as disc-based while offering the same benefits (even if not apparently the case with X1, but like if disc based allowed trading but digitals didn't etc..). Steam has spoiled me too. That said, I have a really slow connection, like 1,5mbps download so it takes me all day to download a new'ish game pretty much, so I'm not that afraid of buying physically either, cos it's pretty much faster for me :p But still, I havn't bought a physical copy in a long time.. I think the last one might've been Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WoW back in 2008, the next 2 expansions I bought digitally too.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'll buy digital unless i get a collectors edition. Personally i see this being the shortest generation/ run of consoles. Regardless PC is the way to go, and after we get more info on the STEAM box i think MS and PS4 will be shaking in their boots.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Planning to be mostly digital, at least if they end up cheaper or the same as disc-based while offering the same benefits (even if not apparently the case with X1, but like if disc based allowed trading but digitals didn't etc..). Steam has spoiled me too. That said, I have a really slow connection, like 1,5mbps download so it takes me all day to download a new'ish game pretty much, so I'm not that afraid of buying physically either, cos it's pretty much faster for me :p But still, I havn't bought a physical copy in a long time.. I think the last one might've been Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WoW back in 2008, the next 2 expansions I bought digitally too.

last game for me was Age of Empires 3. Then I lost the disc, so I had to rebuy it on Steam. I'm sure it will never get lost now.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Why do you say that?

Because he is a PC gamer and the next gen consoles are only leading consumer PC tech by about 6-12 months give or take.

But that is also assuming that the console manufacturers actually mind that their hardware is eclipsed so soon. Considering the span of the current generation, and how far behind it is now, I do not think that this is the case. The Ouya is evidence enough that a console need not be all powerful to gain mindshare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro