Titanfall

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So the game is going to make heavy use of cloud computing for both physics and AI. That pretty much confirms "always on" for this particular title.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Cori, I believe the game is online multiplayer only. I think that's a much better confirmation. ;)

Think that counts me out, then. Not a fan of MP only, prefer SP with a good story + co-op.

Edit: read the info at the links and it looks like SP is in, so I guess I'm in as well again! :)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Think that counts me out, then. Not a fan of MP only, prefer SP with a good story + co-op.

Edit: read the info at the links and it looks like SP is in, so I guess I'm in as well again! :)

It was not stated if the "one player mode" is offline. Chances are it's not though since the game relies heavily on the cloud.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It was not stated if the "one player mode" is offline. Chances are it's not though since the game relies heavily on the cloud.

Not a big deal as my Xbox is always online but I hope they do have something in place as outages do occur. But if not I'll probably just play something else.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Here is an interesting little tidbit, from the first link MerlotC posted:

"When asked if the 5GB of DDR3, compared to the 8GB GDDR5 in the PS4, would be limiting, Respawn says they're having trouble even using the 5 efficiently."

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Here is an interesting little tidbit, from the first link MerlotC posted:

"When asked if the 5GB of DDR3, compared to the 8GB GDDR5 in the PS4, would be limiting, Respawn says they're having trouble even using the 5 efficiently."

Not sure if you are aware, but I wanted to point this out because most people will read this out of context. This is a positive statement for Xbox, and not a negative one.

They are saying that they are having trouble taking advantage of the memory because of how much they have. Unfortunately it looks like whoever did the interview took their reply out of context. The placement and the way that Respawn used/inserted the word "even" gives it away.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I understood it was a positive for the Xbox, which is why I singled it out, but I do see how others may take it out of context.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
But only 5GB of that 8GB is useable by developers. I'm not sure how the eSRAM factors into that.

In contrast, I've read that PS4 devs only have access to 7GBs.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you are aware, but I wanted to point this out because most people will read this out of context. This is a positive statement for Xbox, and not a negative one.

They are saying that they are having trouble taking advantage of the memory because of how much they have. Unfortunately it looks like whoever did the interview took their reply out of context. The placement and the way that Respawn used/inserted the word "even" gives it away.

Bottom line is then - This is going to be an immense game.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't really looking forward to this game until today. From short previews it looked like it was just a mech game. Now it looks like so much more.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
What it looks like is awesome :). And, its exclusive on the consoles to the XBOX One...

Do you think the XBOX One and PC will be cross platform now since they are more 'in line' with one another than previous systems and the PC?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the XBOX One and PC will be cross platform now since they are more 'in line' with one another than previous systems and the PC?

This isn't necessarily a good thing, if all the good X1 exclusives would also get on PC, for many that would be a good reason to just get a gaming PC rather than the X1. Despite both being MS products, I think there's quite a gap between the two in average Joe's thinking.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Right, average joe will get the Xbox One. For some reason, people look at the PC as being 'too complex' or not 'user friendly.' And, when it comes down to it, it isn't when compared to a XBOX One or PS4...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard anything about the multiplayer game size yet for this?

From the demo it looks like 8 a side at the start. If you watch the minimap as the squad disperses only 7 blue dots.

Im hoping that it was just for the demo and it would at least allow 16 players per team.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't gotten a chance to take out a game play video. I just know people are really thinking this title.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard anything about the multiplayer game size yet for this?

From the demo it looks like 8 a side at the start. If you watch the minimap as the squad disperses only 7 blue dots.

Im hoping that it was just for the demo and it would at least allow 16 players per team.

Yeah I can't find any info either. I wouldn't mind 8v8 on smaller maps, but battles would be interesting on bigger maps with bigger teams.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss