Titanfall

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya I think the demo was 7 (or8) vs 7 but I'm sure that will vary according to map and game type. There were also a lot of npcs on both sides in the gameplay demo which adds a different dimension to gameplay.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think the addition of NPCs into the game, just randomly fighting alongside or against you, is going to really enhance the game. It doesn't matter if human is smarter than AI and can anticipate moves the computer would never think of. A team of human players not in titans can surround and distract an opposing powerful team, while the NPC calmly calls for a Titanfall (that is it, right? They ask for a Titanfall so a Titan falls from the sky? heh), NPC hops in the Titan, and NPC blows the already-distracted team away :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer humans to play against - as a race of people there are a large swathe of online games who are predictably and repetitively stupid. There are also a collect few that often show class and strategic genius. The balance between the two is what makes online multiplayer unbeatable.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Finally watched a gameplay vid. It looked amazing.

All of the gameplay animations looked so smooth. There was nothing glitchy-looking about it.

Also, freezing the bullets being shot at you and then directing them back at opponents? I guess some of the developers were fans of Iron Man LOL

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I love the idea of mixing in AI controlled characters. It makes it appear much bigger in scale, while still being able to add a sense of control for the developer. It can help them create a narrative in a multiplayer game.

I think it also makes it more friendly to casual gamers.

Everyone wants to get some kills. But some people just aren't all that good. But everyone can kill bots.

When the stats come up, people still know who's good and who isn't. But at least the newer players don't feel as intimidated and may stick around a while. But if they see that they had zero kills and 15 deaths they may just give up.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else a little miffed that a number of people are calling this "CoD with mechs"? Like... "Just take call of duty, add mechs, you're done". This doesn't just seem like a generic shooter to me (unless I've just got the wrong perspective here)

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Even from the short gameplay we've been shown so far, it definitely is not "just COD with mechs". If it was perceived that way by the game critics, it wouldn't have cleaned up the awards like it did. I cant wait for release!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's horrible over on Joystiq. People are accusing game critics of being "dudebro gamers" just voting on the next call of duty and whatnot. Saying the industry is doomed, etc. Nice to hear a voice of reason. I am excited, as well. It's got some wonderful gameplay mechanics I can't wait to try out.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's horrible over on Joystiq. People are accusing game critics of being "dudebro gamers" just voting on the next call of duty and whatnot. Saying the industry is doomed, etc. Nice to hear a voice of reason. I am excited, as well. It's got some wonderful gameplay mechanics I can't wait to try out.

Have the gaming websites gone insane? Except for Polygon, which is an oasis of reason.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
COD with mechs is a bit harsh - Modern Warfare 2 with mechs might be more apt. At its core that's all it is.

Im not saying im not looking forward to it and I will be purchasing on the day of release and yes all the cloud stuff they are doing with NPC's and AI is great but...

A leopard cant change its spots. Even if its got a big robotic cannon on its back - its still a leopard.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
COD with mechs is a bit harsh - Modern Warfare 2 with mechs might be more apt. At its core that's all it is.

Im not saying im not looking forward to it and I will be purchasing on the day of release and yes all the cloud stuff they are doing with NPC's and AI is great but...

A leopard cant change its spots. Even if its got a big robotic cannon on its back - its still a leopard.

I think that you are mistakenly comparing it to Modern Warfare 2.

What elements does this game have that is similar to Modern Warfare 2? Out of those elements, which elements exist in EVERY FPS?

This game has absolutely no similarities to Modern Warfare 2 or any Call of Duty game. Anyone who thinks that is simply getting confused between game elements that exist in every first-person shooter.

This game involves guns, multiplayer, and maps. That's about as far as the similarities go....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers