Titanfall

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think that you are mistakenly comparing it to Modern Warfare 2.

What elements does this game have that is similar to Modern Warfare 2? Out of those elements, which elements exist in EVERY FPS?

This game has absolutely no similarities to Modern Warfare 2 or any Call of Duty game. Anyone who thinks that is simply getting confused between game elements that exist in every first-person shooter.

This game involves guns, multiplayer, and maps. That's about as far as the similarities go....

What I was getting at is that its more than likely to "feel" like modern warfare 2 as in it will play like the last proper infinity ward game. Which in no way is a bad thing, I think I put more hours in on MW2 multiplayer than I did on halo reach.

If you've played anything after MW2 you know what im on about. The team led by West and Zampella had "something" that the rest of the series hasn't had.

These are all assumptions and opinions though until we actually get our hands on the game.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What I was getting at is that its more than likely to "feel" like modern warfare 2 as in it will play like the last proper infinity ward game. Which in no way is a bad thing, I think I put more hours in on MW2 multiplayer than I did on halo reach.

If you've played anything after MW2 you know what im on about. The team led by West and Zampella had "something" that the rest of the series hasn't had.

These are all assumptions and opinions though until we actually get our hands on the game.

I was ranked 15,000 in the world at one time on MW2, I definitely know what you mean. No matter what, I have no doubt that it's going to be a series that gets a sequal and probably even a third installment. I know the game-mechanics and gameplay is destined to impress the crowd.

I'm just really hoping they focus as much on the actual storyline. Halo is a game that had very unique gameplay, but what really pushed it above other games and kept it around was the level of detail and quality of the storyline. This is where every Call of Duty game has always slacked in my opinion, even Call of Duty 4 =/

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope they support Titanfall with a solid backstory, even though there is no single-player campaign. A story could be incorporated via side-story games (on Windows Phone perhaps?) as well as freebies such as animated shorts, comics, novellas, etc. The immersive storytelling of Halo is what got me and many of my friends onto following the series, even though only 1 of us owned an Xbox 360 we logged tons and tons of hours on Halo.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope they support Titanfall with a solid backstory, even though there is no single-player campaign. A story could be incorporated via side-story games (on Windows Phone perhaps?) as well as freebies such as animated shorts, comics, novellas, etc. The immersive storytelling of Halo is what got me and many of my friends onto following the series, even though only 1 of us owned an Xbox 360 we logged tons and tons of hours on Halo.

LOL, look at my post right above yours. Said the same exact thing. Gameplay and features is what makes a great new game. A great story is what keeps it around.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I, too, put a lot of hours into Modern Warfare 2. However, after playing Black Ops, then going back to it (and after time with MW3 and BO2), I'd say that MW2 was abysmal. MW3 managed to be worse, but MW2 couldn't compare favorably to BO or BO2 to save its life. There was too much garbage in the game to make it look any good, once you played a half-decent alternative. The auto-aiming grenade launchers, the plethora of terrible Perks, and even the paper-like gun sounds made the game REALLY show its problems in retrospect. Really, the only positive about MW2, when looking back on it, was that it had some really good maps.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I, too, put a lot of hours into Modern Warfare 2. However, after playing Black Ops, then going back to it (and after time with MW3 and BO2), I'd say that MW2 was abysmal. MW3 managed to be worse, but MW2 couldn't compare favorably to BO or BO2 to save its life. There was too much garbage in the game to make it look any good, once you played a half-decent alternative. The auto-aiming grenade launchers, the plethora of terrible Perks, and even the paper-like gun sounds made the game REALLY show its problems in retrospect. Really, the only positive about MW2, when looking back on it, was that it had some really good maps.

Personally I gave up on all the Treyarch instalments after call of duty 3 - that went back to the shop the same day I bought it - not being able to move forward because my path was blocked by a 2 inch high shrub put the nail in the coffin - I have played BO and BO2 with friends - and my reaction is always the same - "this sucks" Let me loose on battlefield 3 or halo - give me a proper game!!!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally I gave up on all the Treyarch instalments after call of duty 3 - that went back to the shop the same day I bought it - not being able to move forward because my path was blocked by a 2 inch high shrub put the nail in the coffin - I have played BO and BO2 with friends - and my reaction is always the same - "this sucks" Let me loose on battlefield 3 or halo - give me a proper game!!!

3 was awful, don't get me wrong. Even World at War sucked, outside of Zombies (never owned that one, just played it with my cousin a couple of times). However, the quality of MW2 and MW3, combined with the notoriety that they get, make them the top-2 worst shooters of all time, in my opinion. MW2 was good until something halfway decent came out to shine light on its massive problems (read: Black Ops). MW3 took MW2, left most of the same problems, and added some more, while offering worse maps.

As for Battlefield, I've made my point on that franchise already. EA's Online Pass shut me down from ever trying Battlefield 3. That it had the Online Pass in it dropped it to the garbage bin right away. Maybe Battlefield 4 will actually get a rental or something, now that the Online Pass is gone, but I've still got my beef with EA for a few reasons, so we'll see.

Halo, I love. It just got dull after playing it for SO LONG. It's kind-of something where more and more play reveals frustrating flaws, until I eventually have to take a break. That, and they kept adding in horrid game types (Team Throwdown), while removing good ones (rolling Team Regicide in with Team Oddball and whatever the third game was really annoyed myself and those I played with).

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
3 was awful, don't get me wrong. Even World at War sucked, outside of Zombies (never owned that one, just played it with my cousin a couple of times). However, the quality of MW2 and MW3, combined with the notoriety that they get, make them the top-2 worst shooters of all time, in my opinion. MW2 was good until something halfway decent came out to shine light on its massive problems (read: Black Ops). MW3 took MW2, left most of the same problems, and added some more, while offering worse maps.

As for Battlefield, I've made my point on that franchise already. EA's Online Pass shut me down from ever trying Battlefield 3. That it had the Online Pass in it dropped it to the garbage bin right away. Maybe Battlefield 4 will actually get a rental or something, now that the Online Pass is gone, but I've still got my beef with EA for a few reasons, so we'll see.

Halo, I love. It just got dull after playing it for SO LONG. It's kind-of something where more and more play reveals frustrating flaws, until I eventually have to take a break. That, and they kept adding in horrid game types (Team Throwdown), while removing good ones (rolling Team Regicide in with Team Oddball and whatever the third game was really annoyed myself and those I played with).

I understand your beef with EA, but battlefield 3 has to be one of the best FPS on console. The game dynamic is completely different to anything else and the semi realism pushes it in front of COD. I can see myself putting more hours in on BF4 than any other game purely from my experiences on BF3. Now they've removed the online pass I would recommend picking it up cheaply and getting to grips with it.

Also love halo although I tend to stick to BTB slayer, SWAT, king of the hill and capture the flag. The one thing that gets me with Halo is that nobody talks!!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand your beef with EA, but battlefield 3 has to be one of the best FPS on console. The game dynamic is completely different to anything else and the semi realism pushes it in front of COD. I can see myself putting more hours in on BF4 than any other game purely from my experiences on BF3. Now they've removed the online pass I would recommend picking it up cheaply and getting to grips with it.

Also love halo although I tend to stick to BTB slayer, SWAT, king of the hill and capture the flag. The one thing that gets me with Halo is that nobody talks!!

I hate Big Team Battle. There are too many vehicles and the maps are too busy as a result. I like SWAT, but with crappy Internet, you can guess how most one-on-one fights ends up (I'm not bad at the game, but our Internet suuuuucks). Not a fan of King of the Hill ,which is weird, considering I loved Domination on the first Black Ops (play mostly Kill Confirmed on Black Ops 2). CtF, I love. The problem there is not having people talk, because you never know who fills which role. The good thing is that I was usually in a group when I played (myself, my brother-in-law, my cousin, and a couple of my brother-in-law's friends), so we knew our jobs and communicated.

I'll not be getting Battlefield 3, though. Still not happy with EA at the moment, so I won't be playing their games (the exception being NBA Jam on Windows Phone). Besides, I have a LOT of games still to finish as it is (BO2, Halo 4, BioShock 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and its sequel, and a few sports games I still want to earn Achievements on). Maybe I'll have things about wrapped up once I get to the Xbox One we'll see.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
A Titanfall build is supposed to be playable this week on the floor at Gamescom so I'm looking forward to the videos.

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just saw the video presentation of Titanfall (from the EA press conference at Gamescon) that included a lot of gameplay. That game looks good and fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire