11-14-2013 07:04 PM
83 123 ...
tools
    Titanfall is Respawn's upcoming FPS confirms leak, brings mechs and multiplayer to Xbox One, 360, PC - Neoseeker

Being a big fan of online multiplayer this sounds great. Also will be using cloud computing: "would not be possible without the cloud"

TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak, All Info In OP) - NeoGAF
    Last edited by MerlotC; 06-06-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added second link that has more info
    06-06-2013 12:21 PM
    Finally - West and Zampella can be vindicated by pushing out an awesome game.
    06-06-2013 12:26 PM
    So the game is going to make heavy use of cloud computing for both physics and AI. That pretty much confirms "always on" for this particular title.
    06-06-2013 01:43 PM
    So the game is going to make heavy use of cloud computing for both physics and AI. That pretty much confirms "always on" for this particular title.
    Cori, I believe the game is online multiplayer only. I think that's a much better confirmation. ;)
    06-06-2013 01:59 PM
    Cori, I believe the game is online multiplayer only. I think that's a much better confirmation. ;)
    Think that counts me out, then. Not a fan of MP only, prefer SP with a good story + co-op.

Edit: read the info at the links and it looks like SP is in, so I guess I'm in as well again! :)
    Last edited by theefman; 06-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    HeyCori and Nataku4ca like this.
    06-06-2013 02:04 PM
    Think that counts me out, then. Not a fan of MP only, prefer SP with a good story + co-op.

Edit: read the info at the links and it looks like SP is in, so I guess I'm in as well again! :)
    It was not stated if the "one player mode" is offline. Chances are it's not though since the game relies heavily on the cloud.
    06-06-2013 02:54 PM
    It was not stated if the "one player mode" is offline. Chances are it's not though since the game relies heavily on the cloud.
    Not a big deal as my Xbox is always online but I hope they do have something in place as outages do occur. But if not I'll probably just play something else.
    06-06-2013 03:02 PM
    Here is an interesting little tidbit, from the first link MerlotC posted:

"When asked if the 5GB of DDR3, compared to the 8GB GDDR5 in the PS4, would be limiting, Respawn says they're having trouble even using the 5 efficiently."
    Courtney S likes this.
    06-06-2013 03:37 PM
    Here is an interesting little tidbit, from the first link MerlotC posted:

"When asked if the 5GB of DDR3, compared to the 8GB GDDR5 in the PS4, would be limiting, Respawn says they're having trouble even using the 5 efficiently."
    Not sure if you are aware, but I wanted to point this out because most people will read this out of context. This is a positive statement for Xbox, and not a negative one.

They are saying that they are having trouble taking advantage of the memory because of how much they have. Unfortunately it looks like whoever did the interview took their reply out of context. The placement and the way that Respawn used/inserted the word "even" gives it away.
    Nataku4ca likes this.
    06-06-2013 03:43 PM
    I understood it was a positive for the Xbox, which is why I singled it out, but I do see how others may take it out of context.
    06-06-2013 04:43 PM
    5GB of DDR3? I'm pretty sure it was 8GB?
    06-07-2013 03:27 AM
    But only 5GB of that 8GB is useable by developers. I'm not sure how the eSRAM factors into that.

In contrast, I've read that PS4 devs only have access to 7GBs.
    06-07-2013 06:50 AM
    Not sure if you are aware, but I wanted to point this out because most people will read this out of context. This is a positive statement for Xbox, and not a negative one.

They are saying that they are having trouble taking advantage of the memory because of how much they have. Unfortunately it looks like whoever did the interview took their reply out of context. The placement and the way that Respawn used/inserted the word "even" gives it away.
    Bottom line is then - This is going to be an immense game.
    Robert Carpenter and xandros9 like this.
    06-07-2013 06:53 AM
    I wasn't really looking forward to this game until today. From short previews it looked like it was just a mech game. Now it looks like so much more.
    06-10-2013 02:54 PM
    What it looks like is awesome :). And, its exclusive on the consoles to the XBOX One...

Do you think the XBOX One and PC will be cross platform now since they are more 'in line' with one another than previous systems and the PC?
    06-10-2013 06:48 PM
    Do you think the XBOX One and PC will be cross platform now since they are more 'in line' with one another than previous systems and the PC?
    This isn't necessarily a good thing, if all the good X1 exclusives would also get on PC, for many that would be a good reason to just get a gaming PC rather than the X1. Despite both being MS products, I think there's quite a gap between the two in average Joe's thinking.
    06-11-2013 04:39 AM
    Right, average joe will get the Xbox One. For some reason, people look at the PC as being 'too complex' or not 'user friendly.' And, when it comes down to it, it isn't when compared to a XBOX One or PS4...
    06-11-2013 11:56 AM
    Anyone heard anything about the multiplayer game size yet for this?

From the demo it looks like 8 a side at the start. If you watch the minimap as the squad disperses only 7 blue dots.

Im hoping that it was just for the demo and it would at least allow 16 players per team.
    06-13-2013 07:16 AM
    I still haven't gotten a chance to take out a game play video. I just know people are really thinking this title.
    06-13-2013 11:04 AM
    Anyone heard anything about the multiplayer game size yet for this?

From the demo it looks like 8 a side at the start. If you watch the minimap as the squad disperses only 7 blue dots.

Im hoping that it was just for the demo and it would at least allow 16 players per team.
    Yeah I can't find any info either. I wouldn't mind 8v8 on smaller maps, but battles would be interesting on bigger maps with bigger teams.
    06-14-2013 05:53 AM
    Ya I think the demo was 7 (or8) vs 7 but I'm sure that will vary according to map and game type. There were also a lot of npcs on both sides in the gameplay demo which adds a different dimension to gameplay.
    06-15-2013 01:10 PM
    Yeah, I think the addition of NPCs into the game, just randomly fighting alongside or against you, is going to really enhance the game. It doesn't matter if human is smarter than AI and can anticipate moves the computer would never think of. A team of human players not in titans can surround and distract an opposing powerful team, while the NPC calmly calls for a Titanfall (that is it, right? They ask for a Titanfall so a Titan falls from the sky? heh), NPC hops in the Titan, and NPC blows the already-distracted team away :P
    06-15-2013 08:25 PM
    I would prefer humans to play against - as a race of people there are a large swathe of online games who are predictably and repetitively stupid. There are also a collect few that often show class and strategic genius. The balance between the two is what makes online multiplayer unbeatable.
    06-18-2013 01:28 PM
    Finally watched a gameplay vid. It looked amazing.
    06-18-2013 01:31 PM
    Finally watched a gameplay vid. It looked amazing.
    All of the gameplay animations looked so smooth. There was nothing glitchy-looking about it.

Also, freezing the bullets being shot at you and then directing them back at opponents? I guess some of the developers were fans of Iron Man LOL
    HeyCori likes this.
    06-18-2013 01:34 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD