06-14-2013 08:49 AM
144 ... 456
tools
    I wish Microsoft went back to the old practice when the 360 came out where the 1st party games were 49.99 and the 3rd parties were 59.99. That was great. Though, I'm sure it didn't sit well with EA, Activision, Ubisoft and the others...
    06-12-2013 11:33 AM
    Not sure if it's been answered yet, but does anyone know if a user will be able to stream games from their library when round a friends house or will they be forced to download the entire game?
    06-13-2013 05:11 PM
    Not sure if it's been answered yet, but does anyone know if a user will be able to stream games from their library when round a friends house or will they be forced to download the entire game?
    I believe that someone (don't remember who... maybe someone I saw on Twitter at E3) mentioned that it would be similar to how the PS4 works. You'd start downloading the game, and when the first level or so is downloaded you'll be able to start playing while the rest downloads.
    Big Supes likes this.
    06-13-2013 05:16 PM
    I believe that someone (don't remember who... maybe someone I saw on Twitter at E3) mentioned that it would be similar to how the PS4 works. You'd start downloading the game, and when the first level or so is downloaded you'll be able to start playing while the rest downloads.
    That would make for an extremely happy camper at this end. :) I think Microsoft really need to focus on the benefits of their DRM/online checks.
    06-13-2013 05:21 PM
    That would make for an extremely happy camper at this end. :) I think Microsoft really need to focus on the benefits of their DRM/online checks.
    Yep, they need to. Just found out that when sharing your games with up to 10 people, you and up to 1 other person you're sharing with can play the same game simultaneously. Brilliant!!
    06-13-2013 07:40 PM
    Yep, they need to. Just found out that when sharing your games with up to 10 people, you and up to 1 other person you're sharing with can play the same game simultaneously. Brilliant!!
    you sure about this, don't suppose you remember where you heard that?
    I thought it was one person at a time, meaning you and friend cant simultaneously.
    Maybe i read it that way as that's what made most sense to me. lol
    Would be amazing if it was your way though.
    06-13-2013 07:50 PM
    you sure about this, don't suppose you remember where you heard that?
    I thought it was one person at a time, meaning you and friend cant simultaneously.
    Maybe i read it that way as that's what made most sense to me. lol

Would be amazing if it was your way though.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/att...mily-share.png
    06-13-2013 07:53 PM
    thanks.
    Although to me i don't see it saying playing same game concurrently.
    Just that all games can be played at the same time.
    May be i just need to go bed, get some sleep and read it again in morning :-)
    06-13-2013 08:03 PM
    06-13-2013 08:10 PM
    thanks.
    Although to me i don't see it saying playing same game concurrently.
    Just that all games can be played at the same time.
    May be i just need to go bed, get some sleep and read it again in morning :-)
    Xbox Support 2: "The only limitation to the number of players that access a game at the same time is how the game is designed."

I assume they mean Publishers/Devs decide how many people can play the game at the same time.
    06-13-2013 09:39 PM
    Can see publishers making multi player online games being locked to single user, and maybe single/offline games possibly allowing concurrent use.

Something worth keeping an eye on that's for sure
    06-14-2013 07:11 AM
    What im also looking forward to with this new digital approach is game releases. Now everything is released online there shouldn't be a staggered release schedule. Obviously that still will happen with hard copies of the games but will be good to have the game available at the same time globally. No more US release on the Friday followed by a UK and EU release on the Monday.
    06-14-2013 07:28 AM
    06-14-2013 08:11 AM
    There's a whole thread on that already - MS engineer comments.
    06-14-2013 08:21 AM
    sorry, was working through my 920 to post that, so I didn't see that thread ;)
    06-14-2013 08:28 AM
    What im also looking forward to with this new digital approach is game releases. Now everything is released online there shouldn't be a staggered release schedule. Obviously that still will happen with hard copies of the games but will be good to have the game available at the same time globally. No more US release on the Friday followed by a UK and EU release on the Monday.
    funny thing is i wouldn't be surprised if the digital is staggered the same as hard copies.
    06-14-2013 08:29 AM
    sorry, was working through my 920 to post that, so I didn't see that thread ;)
    No worries - just trying to avoid the threads all turning into ******** sessions about what's bad for some on the Xbox One. Oh wait....
    Robert Carpenter likes this.
    06-14-2013 08:33 AM
    funny thing is i wouldn't be surprised if the digital is staggered the same as hard copies.
    That would suck - Really irksome the way the US gets a couple of days head start on multiplayer games
    06-14-2013 08:33 AM
    I imagine that they still will. I don't think purely digital games eliminates licensing, game rating, and the approval process in each country (i.e. ESRB). Some countries need games tweaked based on certain content... Here's looking at you, Australia 😉
    06-14-2013 08:49 AM
144 ... 456