As the crying over drm etc. settles down some people are starting to take more note of the family share feature. Its still unclear how this will be implemented but it could have a significant impact on how we purchase and use games. I originally thought only one person would be able to play at a time (which would still be fine and makes sense) but the way the description is worded it sounds like possibly two people on two different consoles could play the same game at once. That is in essence like having two copies of the game so I kinda doubt it but maybe. Even if not, for people with "family" (I'm guessing possibly whoever you trust with your log in or credit card info) in different locals this feature has great benefit.
    06-07-2013 03:40 PM
    I think you're still looking at only one person being able to play the game at a time (naturally not including cases where the family members are playing it together, but I mean on different consoles)

I wonder how they will restrict the family thing, otherwise I'll just add my fiancee, kid, and most importantly few friends who are likely to get the X1 so we share a big library of games. However I'm pretty sure they've taken this into account and it could be bound into payment info.. but even within a family people would be likely to use different payment info. Also might cause problems when one moves out and half of your games are tied to someone elses payment info?
    Last edited by Coreldan; 06-07-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    06-07-2013 03:43 PM
    I am very interested to see how this works. I need to see the restrictions and what limits can be placed on family members (like can they buy DLC?). But this is the one feature that got me really hyped about buying a XO. Hopefully all is revealed at E3.
    06-07-2013 03:50 PM
    Ya I hope it gets spelled out in detail at E3. Its also a nice positive to stress as it validates having the online policies for the One that make this possible.
    06-07-2013 03:59 PM