where are the headphones or earpiece for voice ?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Will it be announced at e3? I think we need headphones to talk to people online dnt u think?
are we going to start wearing those wireless earpiece?

xbox-360-wireless-headset.jpg

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Would it just use Bluetooth? That way I can just continue using my Xbox 360 wireless/bluetooth headset...

Also, we will have Kinect 2.0 as well. Everyone will have a built in mic...

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if the new xbox has Bluetooth. it has wifi-direct, but not sure if it has both.

kinect wont work well while gaming some first person shooter with friends. In fact, if their voice is coming through your speaker, they could turn off your xbox by yelling "xbox off"

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
That won't happen. Just like a tv yelling Xbox pause now from a video doesn't pause your movie. They had a video up about the new mics they are using that are vastly superior to the Kinect one.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That won't happen. Just like a tv yelling Xbox pause now from a video doesn't pause your movie. They had a video up about the new mics they are using that are vastly superior to the Kinect one.

You have no idea how effective the new Kinect will be.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There was a video detailing how much more advanced the new Kinect was. They showed off how much better the audio capture is between the two.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Regardless, just using Kinect as a microphone and speakers won't cut it for me. Some people have a lot of family and a Kinect would pick up a lot of stuff that people don't want broadcasted. That's one reason why headsets are nice, as the mics wont capture that much other sounds except the one from your mouth, while the Kinect mic is obviously able to catch normal speech from several meters away. Also, in fast paced shooters for example, many people prefer to have headphones to better hear directions and small audio details (such as footsteps).

That said, I was impressed by that Kinect vid and I'm sure that it does the job well baseline, but it's not really ideal for online gaming IMO, unless you live alone.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Regardless, just using Kinect as a microphone and speakers won't cut it for me. Some people have a lot of family and a Kinect would pick up a lot of stuff that people don't want broadcasted. That's one reason why headsets are nice, as the mics wont capture that much other sounds except the one from your mouth, while the Kinect mic is obviously able to catch normal speech from several meters away. Also, in fast paced shooters for example, many people prefer to have headphones to better hear directions and small audio details (such as footsteps).

That said, I was impressed by that Kinect vid and I'm sure that it does the job well baseline, but it's not really ideal for online gaming IMO, unless you live alone.

I'm pretty sure there will be a Microsoft-branded WiFi-Direct headset. Stop worrying.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there will be a Microsoft-branded WiFi-Direct headset. Stop worrying.

Not worrying, I'm sure there will be both MS branded and 3rd party that will be great. The argument really just was that while Kinect will allow for some pretty decent baseline comms for everyone who has an X1, it's quite far from the ideal solution for many gamers.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Saw a report this morning that the headset isn't bundled with the xbox. Apparently its a necessary accessory as the Kinect will be tuned to pick up differences between game chat and Kinect commands while wearing the headset.

Sucks a little if wearing turtle beaches would remove or hamper some Kinect functions while gaming.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The headset does come bundled. It was listed when I preordered my Xbox one. A wired headset is bundled, not a wireless one.

Do you remember where it said that? I definitely remember the same thing when I preordered mine. I just want to have confirmation since some people are saying different things about whether it was included or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)