07-02-2013 06:49 PM
38 12
tools
    Will it be announced at e3? I think we need headphones to talk to people online dnt u think?
    are we going to start wearing those wireless earpiece?

xbox-360-wireless-headset.jpg
    06-07-2013 05:18 PM
    Would it just use Bluetooth? That way I can just continue using my Xbox 360 wireless/bluetooth headset...

Also, we will have Kinect 2.0 as well. Everyone will have a built in mic...
    06-07-2013 05:22 PM
    I don't know if the new xbox has Bluetooth. it has wifi-direct, but not sure if it has both.

kinect wont work well while gaming some first person shooter with friends. In fact, if their voice is coming through your speaker, they could turn off your xbox by yelling "xbox off"
    06-07-2013 05:36 PM
    That won't happen. Just like a tv yelling Xbox pause now from a video doesn't pause your movie. They had a video up about the new mics they are using that are vastly superior to the Kinect one.
    06-07-2013 05:38 PM
    That won't happen. Just like a tv yelling Xbox pause now from a video doesn't pause your movie. They had a video up about the new mics they are using that are vastly superior to the Kinect one.
    You have no idea how effective the new Kinect will be.
    06-08-2013 06:01 AM
    There was a video detailing how much more advanced the new Kinect was. They showed off how much better the audio capture is between the two.
    06-08-2013 08:49 AM
    Around 2 minutes

Last edited by ncxcstud; 06-08-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    06-08-2013 09:00 AM
    Regardless, just using Kinect as a microphone and speakers won't cut it for me. Some people have a lot of family and a Kinect would pick up a lot of stuff that people don't want broadcasted. That's one reason why headsets are nice, as the mics wont capture that much other sounds except the one from your mouth, while the Kinect mic is obviously able to catch normal speech from several meters away. Also, in fast paced shooters for example, many people prefer to have headphones to better hear directions and small audio details (such as footsteps).

That said, I was impressed by that Kinect vid and I'm sure that it does the job well baseline, but it's not really ideal for online gaming IMO, unless you live alone.
    06-08-2013 09:26 AM
    06-08-2013 09:57 AM
    Regardless, just using Kinect as a microphone and speakers won't cut it for me. Some people have a lot of family and a Kinect would pick up a lot of stuff that people don't want broadcasted. That's one reason why headsets are nice, as the mics wont capture that much other sounds except the one from your mouth, while the Kinect mic is obviously able to catch normal speech from several meters away. Also, in fast paced shooters for example, many people prefer to have headphones to better hear directions and small audio details (such as footsteps).

That said, I was impressed by that Kinect vid and I'm sure that it does the job well baseline, but it's not really ideal for online gaming IMO, unless you live alone.
    I'm pretty sure there will be a Microsoft-branded WiFi-Direct headset. Stop worrying.
    06-08-2013 03:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure there will be a Microsoft-branded WiFi-Direct headset. Stop worrying.
    Not worrying, I'm sure there will be both MS branded and 3rd party that will be great. The argument really just was that while Kinect will allow for some pretty decent baseline comms for everyone who has an X1, it's quite far from the ideal solution for many gamers.
    06-08-2013 04:43 PM
    Yeah just wait for the MS one, because its going to work flawlessly
    06-08-2013 04:49 PM
    Microsoft is working with a couple companies like turtlebeach on headsets for the xbox one

Microsoft Taps Turtle Beach for Xbox One Headsets - IGN
    06-09-2013 03:29 AM
    06-10-2013 06:20 PM
    i hope the headset will be bundle with the console
    06-10-2013 07:45 PM
    Tato - that's the impression I got from that article...
    06-10-2013 07:52 PM
    i hope the headset will be bundle with the console
    The headset does come bundled. It was listed when I preordered my Xbox one. A wired headset is bundled, not a wireless one.
    06-11-2013 09:50 AM
    Saw a report this morning that the headset isn't bundled with the xbox. Apparently its a necessary accessory as the Kinect will be tuned to pick up differences between game chat and Kinect commands while wearing the headset.

Sucks a little if wearing turtle beaches would remove or hamper some Kinect functions while gaming.
    06-26-2013 04:13 AM
    The headset does come bundled. It was listed when I preordered my Xbox one. A wired headset is bundled, not a wireless one.
    Do you remember where it said that? I definitely remember the same thing when I preordered mine. I just want to have confirmation since some people are saying different things about whether it was included or not.
    06-26-2013 11:05 AM
    Do you remember where it said that? I definitely remember the same thing when I preordered mine. I just want to have confirmation since some people are saying different things about whether it was included or not.
    Looks like Mr Carpenter picked himself up a ban. But heres the article I saw this morning.

Xbox One Will Not Include a Headset - IGN
    06-26-2013 11:26 AM
    Huge mega-scandal! What's next?
    06-26-2013 11:27 AM
    Not that I have problem with a better tech in headsets but, WTF did they do that ? So everyone has to buy a new headset ? Microsoft should include one in the box, crap the Xbox 360 came standard with one, for $500 it should just come with a basic headset.

I hate having people talking through my home theater speakers with the kinect, nevermind I have children in the house and you know you will always get "bad" words on the room chats..

Where is the 3rd party adapter to use old headsets with the X1 controler ? You know that will be out there...
    06-26-2013 11:28 AM
    I just went through the process of pre-ordering another one and I didn't see any mention of a headset. Hmm.. maybe they took it out? I am absolutely positive that during the process of preordering one, maybe before, during, or after, that there was mentioned of a bundled headset.
    06-26-2013 11:32 AM
    Its a bit of a pain to be sure and I don't see why they couldn't include their own standard headset as with the 360, especially if its apparently a "necessary" accessory.

I tend to go for third party headsets anyway so would be buying a set of turtle beaches or whatever tritton offers at launch.
    06-26-2013 11:50 AM
    Why is a headset necessary? It's only if you're doing multiplayer gaming and not every time.
    06-26-2013 12:27 PM
38 12