What do you expect from E3 2013? Do you think Microsoft will be able to turn all the negative press and reactions into a more optimistic sound? I certainly hope so, but I've got a lot of doubts. Not many gamers were impressed with the PS4 reveal, so Microsoft had a perfect chance to impress everyone and, let's face it, they blew it. That's why I'm a bit cynical for Microsoft's conference at E3 this year, but hey, who knows!

I read an interesting article today about a speculation that all this negative press was part Microsoft's plan all along. The writer based it off a sentence that was in Microsoft's clarification of DRM and stuff:
    As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons. We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons. In the months ahead, we will continue to listen to your feedback as we meet with our partners in the ecosystem to bring additional detail about our policies.
    Just like they did with Adam Orth and always-on, the writer speculates that at this E3, Microsoft will have listened to all the negative reactions and drop a few of the things that caused these reactions in the first place. That way, they'll come out as heroes. I think this is very, very, VERY wishful thinking, but I'd be thrilled if it turns out to be real.
    06-09-2013 07:54 AM
    My guess is that they'll show some pretty spectacular games that are exclusive to the XBOX One which will make people think, "Man, I don't like that 24 hour check-in thing... but seriously... that game looks awesome...I may have to buy one if games are going to be like that."

Same thing goes for Sony, "Man, I really don't want to buy another console, but really... that Sony exclusive game about _____ looks amazing, I may have to buy one...."

In the end, it is all about the games. As long as the games are there people will come...
    06-09-2013 11:02 AM
    They'll have to do their best to impress in that case. Sony's been pumping cool exclusives the past years... it's amazing to see what they recovered from (PS3 launch and Ken Kutaragi) to now, with Uncharted, the Last of Us and Journey and stuff...
    06-09-2013 02:27 PM