MS paying devs to not show off PS4 games @ E3?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 ? Report

Stumbled upon this gem while on Facebook. What's people's thoughts? Me, I hope this is BS, as I will quote what I said in the Facebook comment.

You do realise if word gets out about this, pre-orders for the XB1 will just be cancelled and the XB1 will end up with ZERO sales during its whole lifetime? Not only that, but 360 owners will be targeted and blown up, and anyone who even dares say ANYTHING positive about the XB1 will be knifed. Then they will target WP users, who will be killed off in even more creative ways (involving acid, napalm, etc). If this is true, I'm definitely gonna end going out with a bang by a murderer!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If true, maybe it's for games that have an exclusivity period? They pay for the exclusivity period, and until the end of that period, would not want it shown on other platforms.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
A report based on a post from a message board. Unless there is something concrete why give this any attention. Irresponsible journalism until they prove it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
A report based on a post from a message board. Unless there is something concrete why give this any attention. Irresponsible journalism until they prove it.

Note to self: CHECK THE (&$(&*$%((*&$?(&*^(&*?$(*%&*?("%(?*^?^&*^(?*^&(*?^)(?^)*?)_)__)%)?)()?%"??%ING SOURCES!

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Bit unrelated, but there has always been a sort of conspiracy theory behind video game journalists getting bribed by one company or another. Gamespot is notorious for writing reviews that "go against the grain" and score lower when it comes to Nintendo. Polygon received 750k from MS to shoot a self made documentary. The PS3 exclusives they've reviewed have been scored on average, lower than other reviewing sites.

Also, there was that Kane and Lynch fiasco some years back with GameSpot. Point is, it wouldn't surprise me if this were true.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

This has nothing to do with the NeoGaf report though. Reddit can be known for its group think and massive onslaught on people/companies. Granted that it was proven in that Reddit post that the person who started that mess was a troll, but far as the NeoGaf poster goes...well he's been correct on previous rumors before if that article is correct. So why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

It's not a big deal to me anyways, because I do think journalists/developers can be bribed rather easily. I feel like it's been going on for ages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12