06-16-2013 11:11 AM
182 1234 ...
tools
    How much do you want to bet that someone at activision is second guessing letting those Infinity Ward employees (now known as Respawn go? Titanfall looks awesome.

Call of Duty - in the future - with Mechs? Sign. Me. Up.
    I agree. It looks like an amazing cross between Halo and COD. I know Halo has the story, but the gameplay that I saw for Titanfall during E3 looks absolutely fantastic.
    06-10-2013 04:43 PM
    I was impressed. Though, as my wife mentioned to me after the show - You better be 'viggling' like crazy to get enough cash for that ;). Man, I love Viggle :)

How much do you want to bet that someone at activision is second guessing letting those Infinity Ward employees (now known as Respawn go? Titanfall looks awesome.

Call of Duty - in the future - with Mechs? Sign. Me. Up.

and as I saw Cliff Blezinski (guy behind Gears of War series) wrote on twitter... People may love to bash FPS - but as long as they're fun, I will always play them and have a BLAST every time.

Love Halo, love Call of Duty (just got Black Ops II), love Battlefield, love Battlefront, love Team Fortress, love Counter-Strike, love(d) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (seriously, that game was awesome).

Oh man, RSV and RSV2 are sooo fun.
    06-10-2013 05:07 PM
    Rainbow Six got too arcade after the original and Rogue spear, but those two were amazing
    06-10-2013 05:13 PM
    I think the game franchise has always been corny as hell :D
    MGS has a lot of weird quirks, but underneath the convoluted story is a lot of social/political commentary on where our world is headed. If you've played up to at least MGS2, then with the recent stuff going on such as the NSA fiasco, you can't help but think of the commentary made in that game.
    06-10-2013 05:15 PM
    Nope. Shooter after shooter after shooter+zombies. Only game shown without a gun was the next KI and I'm excited for that.
    But if this gen is another round of FPS and zombie games then I'll stick to what I already have.
    Hey! Tony can offend anyone he pleases but no dissing the Zombies.....
    06-10-2013 05:18 PM
    I'm interested in how Jess Condit (sp?) of Joystiq will spin this after talking about how Microsoft is 'leaving' the Indie scene because they didn't talk about it at the XBOX One reveal... Indie games have and will continue to be a part of the XBOX makeup. Heck, Indie games got their big startup on XBOX Live... why people thought that wouldn't continue is beyond me...
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:37 PM
    Actually Project Spark looks interesting to me.
    06-10-2013 09:29 PM
    I also think they had nothing to really redeem, we always knew the games would come at E3. There will be many more than the ones shown now, it will be great like always.

It's largely gonna be about how PS4 is priced and handle many of the things people find issue with PS4. Then it's largely a gamble at this point if devs will prefer the X1 cos of more revenue for sold games or not, while perhaps the average gamer might still be more interested in PS4.. that said, X1 is still preordering better than PS4 on every webstore.

Slightly bummed about it ending up at 500, but I didnt expect it to be less either, but in my financial situation I'll probably have to wait a while before I get one with family on the way..
    Regardless of price, the PS4 is laggy and always freezing. So much game freezing on their live demos.
    06-10-2013 09:35 PM
    Well, Sony just ended with direct shots at MS. No restrictions on used games. You can play offline without any 24 hour internet check. You don't have to be connected to play a disc based game. Good for them. MS deserves to take heat for their actions.

The roar they got from the crowd was wild. MS, your sure screwed up on this one.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-10-2013 09:46 PM
    Everyone has an opinion. Here's mine.

Xbox One didn't redeem himself because there was never anything to redeem. This console is amazing and has been since I drst saw it. Its so much more than a console and that's great, and it still going to have badass games. This is the opinion of a regularlly competitive player (go to almost all professional gaming events).
    06-10-2013 09:58 PM
    PS4- NO restrictions on used games, NO internet checks...qnd its $399. WTF MS!! This next Gen is going to be rough for MS
    06-10-2013 10:05 PM
    Most people will buy both of them.
    06-10-2013 10:07 PM
    PS4- NO restrictions on used games, NO internet checks...qnd its $399. WTF MS!! This next Gen is going to be rough for MS
    Agreed. Think Microsoft may have screwed the pooch on this one. None of my friends are going for the One after Sony's E3 presentation. I want to love the Xbox One, but they did too many things I can't deal with...
    DaveGx likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:13 PM
    I'm getting my PS4! I'm sorry I ever betrayed you, Sony! Been with PS for 10 years and counting!
    06-10-2013 10:14 PM
    Based on what I saw from the gaming portions of the conferences I would have said that Microsoft won the day today. They had a great showing and the games looked very interesting. Sony's was pretty uninspiring, especially at the start. If you just went based on that I'd say the Xbox One dominated the day. Then it all turned around...

It's pretty clear that the PS4 has won the public perception battle. Really the only explanation for the used game policy and the daily check ins was that it was something forced on both companies by the third party developers. When Sony revealed that they will have no restrictions things really flipped. Microsoft is really going to have to make up some ground by providing the public with some sort of explanation of how this is beneficial to the consumer. PS4 then announcing pricing $100 lower was a potential kill shot.
    06-10-2013 10:17 PM
    Sony is openly mocking the Xbox One right now:

This is a PR disaster right now. Really this holiday season has the potential to be a bloodbath.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:24 PM
    MS has an uphill battle. And they ignored talking about this today but after Sony just slapped them, they are getting destroyed every where right now. They need to acknowledge this and better hire a damn good PR team, cuz they need it NOW
    nufan947 likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:27 PM

why do you keep spamming this? do you really want attention that much? goshhh.
    06-10-2013 10:41 PM
    I read Sony's used game announcement and my first thought was, "Awesome." Then I remembered that is exactly what Sony said last week. What Sony didn't address is the other question from last week about whether or not they will block publishers from adding in their own DRM. There's a difference between not supporting DRM and blocking DRM. Right now all Sony gave me was a PR move. I still want final confirmation on whether Sony will 100% block publishers from adding their own DRM.
    06-10-2013 10:42 PM
    I think Xbox one has been always good... and I was excited when i saw Killer Instinct coming to it. i still have it for Snes. I still dont know why people keep complaining so much about Xbox. i bet its people who probably never thought about getting the Xbox console.
    but its really silly to think since ps4 they showed a not pretty console, not interesting games, alot of freezing and bad stuff, but since they talked about what Xbox one does, now PS4 won? wow.
    Im still getting Xbox one, hopefully this year! if not next. i want KI so bad now even though i dont like 3d fighting games. but that exclusive is amazing.
    06-10-2013 10:43 PM
    PR wise, yea.. Microsoft is going to take a HUGE hit from gamers. I'm more interested in seeing the response from major developers and what system they choose. Microsoft has always touted that developers like knowing that games on their system are free from pirating (not verbatim) and then they took it VERY far by extending that to disc-based games. If Sony isn't doing it as well, then Microsoft is obviously championing this on their own and betting on a different future.

I'd love to know the details... was Sony set to go through with DRM, staying silent this whole time, until they decided the backlash Microsoft was getting wasn't worth it.. so they axed it and decided to forge ahead alone? Does Microsoft have some contingency plan in place for this? Are they all running around like chickens with their heads cut off at Microsoft campus right now? Will there be backpedaling from either company? Will game devs flock to Microsoft... or to Sony... or to both? All these questions...

I'm at least glad PS4 requires a subscription for gaming now, IF ONLY because I'm tired of hearing how superior PS is because it's free online. At least that nerdy argument can be put to rest so we can start this next one :P
    06-10-2013 10:46 PM
    PR wise, yea.. Microsoft is going to take a HUGE hit from gamers. I'm more interested in seeing the response from major developers and what system they choose. Microsoft has always touted that developers like knowing that games on their system are free from pirating (not verbatim) and then they took it VERY far by extending that to disc-based games. If Sony isn't doing it as well, then Microsoft is obviously championing this on their own and betting on a different future.

I'd love to know the details... was Sony set to go through with DRM, staying silent this whole time, until they decided the backlash Microsoft was getting wasn't worth it.. so they axed it and decided to forge ahead alone? Does Microsoft have some contingency plan in place for this? Are they all running around like chickens with their heads cut off at Microsoft campus right now? Will there be backpedaling from either company? Will game devs flock to Microsoft... or to Sony... or to both? All these questions...

I'm at least glad PS4 requires a subscription for gaming now, IF ONLY because I'm tired of hearing how superior PS is because it's free online. At least that nerdy argument can be put to rest so we can start this next one :P
    They had to pay for cross-game chat some how ;)
    Mystictrust likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:54 PM
    I read Sony's used game announcement and my first thought was, "Awesome." Then I remembered that is exactly what Sony said last week. What Sony didn't address is the other question from last week about whether or not they will block publishers from adding in their own DRM. There's a difference between not supporting DRM and blocking DRM. Right now all Sony gave me was a PR move. I still want final confirmation on whether Sony will 100% block publishers from adding their own DRM.
    I'd imagine they won't block publisher DRM. But they did make it more difficult to implement. And they did give consumers something awfully important--choice. Game comes with DRM? Welp, don't have to to buy it. Game comes with DRM and I'm ok with that? Hey, I can buy it!
    Microsoft doesn't seem to be too keen on consumer choice these days, and it's biting them in the a**.
    06-10-2013 10:55 PM
    Since I don't have an Xbox, were XBL users always getting free games/massive discounts on games, or did this just start? The reason I wouldn't mind paying for PSN+ is because you can make up the "costs" rather easily because chances are, there will be two-three games you can get for free that you will enjoy. Games that are recent/new btw.
    06-10-2013 10:56 PM
    Microsoft in the last year had started giving discounts to some games and DLC on XBL...but they've been pretty bad deals. Like in the realm of 5-15% off at times...sometimes less than that. But, as an XBL subscriber for almost 10 years no, no. I don't believe MS has ever given away retail games for free on XBL before today.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, but with the games on PS+, you only have them free as long as your a PS+ subscriber right? If you don't pay for it, all those free games are no longer accessible correct? That was the case for me after all PSN users were given 3 months free after they got hacked... all those free games I had were non-playable once that period was over.

My understanding is that these games MS are giving out each month are totally free, whether you stay gold or not... That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm just waiting to see what other games they'll give away and I'm hoping I don't already own them or have played them (I already have Halo 3 and beat Assassins Creed 2 on the PS3). I've never played Fable III, so that's cool. I downloaded it this morning :)
    06-10-2013 11:00 PM
182 1234 ...