XO after E3. Did Xbox One redeem itself?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Agreed 100%, however, I have never played a MGS game (other then Metal Gear on NES, does that count?) so maybe they are corny like that??
Same here, haven't played, but I must assume corny... Snake in Super Smash Bros Brawl hides under a freaking box for one of his moves. Heh...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Agreed 100%, however, I have never played a MGS game (other then Metal Gear on NES, does that count?) so maybe they are corny like that??

I tend to find most Japanese video games, cartoons and films a little corny. In one MGS installment they threw in some vampires, which I just couldn't reconcile with an otherwise high tech and 'realistic' stealth game. It's a cultural thing. You either dig it, or you don't.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Same here, haven't played, but I must assume corny... Snake in Super Smash Bros Brawl hides under a freaking box for one of his moves. Heh...

Ha, the box was from the original NES Metal Gear. (Maybe in others too...) sneaking around in a cardboard box is awesome. :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was impressed. Though, as my wife mentioned to me after the show - You better be 'viggling' like crazy to get enough cash for that ;). Man, I love Viggle :)

How much do you want to bet that someone at activision is second guessing letting those Infinity Ward employees (now known as Respawn go? Titanfall looks awesome.

Call of Duty - in the future - with Mechs? Sign. Me. Up.

and as I saw Cliff Blezinski (guy behind Gears of War series) wrote on twitter... People may love to bash FPS - but as long as they're fun, I will always play them and have a BLAST every time.

Love Halo, love Call of Duty (just got Black Ops II), love Battlefield, love Battlefront, love Team Fortress, love Counter-Strike, love(d) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (seriously, that game was awesome).

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
How much do you want to bet that someone at activision is second guessing letting those Infinity Ward employees (now known as Respawn go? Titanfall looks awesome.

I agree. It looks like an amazing cross between Halo and COD. I know Halo has the story, but the gameplay that I saw for Titanfall during E3 looks absolutely fantastic.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was impressed. Though, as my wife mentioned to me after the show - You better be 'viggling' like crazy to get enough cash for that ;). Man, I love Viggle :)

and as I saw Cliff Blezinski (guy behind Gears of War series) wrote on twitter... People may love to bash FPS - but as long as they're fun, I will always play them and have a BLAST every time.

Love Halo, love Call of Duty (just got Black Ops II), love Battlefield, love Battlefront, love Team Fortress, love Counter-Strike, love(d) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (seriously, that game was awesome).

Oh man, RSV and RSV2 are sooo fun.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the game franchise has always been corny as hell :D

MGS has a lot of weird quirks, but underneath the convoluted story is a lot of social/political commentary on where our world is headed. If you've played up to at least MGS2, then with the recent stuff going on such as the NSA fiasco, you can't help but think of the commentary made in that game.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Shooter after shooter after shooter+zombies. Only game shown without a gun was the next KI and I'm excited for that.
But if this gen is another round of FPS and zombie games then I'll stick to what I already have.

Hey! Tony can offend anyone he pleases but no dissing the Zombies.....

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in how Jess Condit (sp?) of Joystiq will spin this after talking about how Microsoft is 'leaving' the Indie scene because they didn't talk about it at the XBOX One reveal... Indie games have and will continue to be a part of the XBOX makeup. Heck, Indie games got their big startup on XBOX Live... why people thought that wouldn't continue is beyond me...

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I also think they had nothing to really redeem, we always knew the games would come at E3. There will be many more than the ones shown now, it will be great like always.

It's largely gonna be about how PS4 is priced and handle many of the things people find issue with PS4. Then it's largely a gamble at this point if devs will prefer the X1 cos of more revenue for sold games or not, while perhaps the average gamer might still be more interested in PS4.. that said, X1 is still preordering better than PS4 on every webstore.

Slightly bummed about it ending up at 500?, but I didnt expect it to be less either, but in my financial situation I'll probably have to wait a while before I get one with family on the way..

Regardless of price, the PS4 is laggy and always freezing. So much game freezing on their live demos.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, Sony just ended with direct shots at MS. No restrictions on used games. You can play offline without any 24 hour internet check. You don't have to be connected to play a disc based game. Good for them. MS deserves to take heat for their actions.

The roar they got from the crowd was wild. MS, your sure screwed up on this one.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has an opinion. Here's mine.

Xbox One didn't redeem himself because there was never anything to redeem. This console is amazing and has been since I drst saw it. Its so much more than a console and that's great, and it still going to have badass games. This is the opinion of a regularlly competitive player (go to almost all professional gaming events).

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
PS4- NO restrictions on used games, NO internet checks...qnd its $399. WTF MS!! This next Gen is going to be rough for MS

Agreed. Think Microsoft may have screwed the pooch on this one. None of my friends are going for the One after Sony's E3 presentation. I want to love the Xbox One, but they did too many things I can't deal with...

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Based on what I saw from the gaming portions of the conferences I would have said that Microsoft won the day today. They had a great showing and the games looked very interesting. Sony's was pretty uninspiring, especially at the start. If you just went based on that I'd say the Xbox One dominated the day. Then it all turned around...

It's pretty clear that the PS4 has won the public perception battle. Really the only explanation for the used game policy and the daily check ins was that it was something forced on both companies by the third party developers. When Sony revealed that they will have no restrictions things really flipped. Microsoft is really going to have to make up some ground by providing the public with some sort of explanation of how this is beneficial to the consumer. PS4 then announcing pricing $100 lower was a potential kill shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon