MS responds to internet requirements: Get a 360

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It really is incredible how poorly Microsoft and their employees have handled just about everything to this point. I'm just baffled by every additional bit of information that comes out.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They are marketing a product that requires internet for very good reasons. Just because they are marketing the next version of their product to a different group of people doesn't make them arrogant at all.

The people who think that a product must be designed to fit their situation; Those are the people that are arrogant.

You have options for a reason. Choose the product that satisfies you the best. No one cares about why you aren't choosing the other products. There's no need to voice your opinion. No one cares.

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Its not arrogant at all.

Its called progress.

If you don't like it or aren't willing to keep up don't buy it.

lol
Progress or not, your suggesting that to tell people to go buy a ps4 isn't just crazy talk, because that's what people will get from that.

Why buy a current gen(360) when u can buy a next gen(ps4)? I.e. Got the money just not net.

Better to say we're expecting the affect will be less than what people think, and will obviously keep an eye on the impact, blah blah blah

Yea marketing double talk but even that's better.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen a more heated subject than this Xbox One. I have my opinions (which aren't all pro Microsoft and are just as valid by the way). But at the end of the day, its just a overpriced box no one really needs, keeping things in perspective.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen a more heated subject than this Xbox One. I have my opinions (which aren't all pro Microsoft and are just as valid by the way). But at the end of the day, its just a overpriced box no one really needs, keeping things in perspective.

Exactly. It's like going to a store and complaining about all the other laundry detergents that you aren't gonna buy. Buy the one you want and move on.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
They have handled everything exceptionally well.

I think the only possible improvement they can make is to hand out free tissues to all you crybabies. You'll run out of tears eventually.

Thing is, I don't think they have entirely.

Again, I have no problems with the rules they've set up. Though I do buy used games and know there are people who enjoy gaming that don't have internet for whatever reason, I understand why they are going this route. I just wish they showed a bit more transparency and honesty throughout this whole process.

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
How many laundry detergent adverts have you seen that says go buy a directly competing product? They would say we're always improving our product.

It doesn't matter if its a big deal or not and ms may have it totally right, but that's not the way to sell your product and get your message out.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thing is, I don't think they have entirely.

Again, I have no problems with the rules they've set up. Though I do buy used games and know there are people who enjoy gaming that don't have internet for whatever reason, I understand why they are going this route. I just wish they showed a bit more transparency and honesty throughout this whole process.

I honestly have no idea what you are referencing. They have not lied about anything. They have always been direct. If you only look at the official announcement Microsoft made, they have never lied about anything.

The problems happened when you and all the other people take the official information Microsoft was giving us and kept adding and mixing in information that you got from news outlets and the media.

The people that never read a news article about Xbox One, the people that didn't go digging through the internet to find information that was guaranteed to be incorrect and tampered, the people that only heard what Microsoft told them and no one else; Those are the people that still support Xbox One and aren't complaining about it.

All these news articles that featured quotes from private interviews after May 21st sharing new information that was not revealed at the event, they are the ones to blame for your disappoint. They give you the information that generates interest and nothing else.

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You know what I remember most about the PS3? How crappy the PS network was and how awful it was trying to join a multiplayer game. I have no doubt that these things will not change with the PS4. That is why I want an XBone. I know that the online requirement and the well maintained Microsoft servers are going to be some of it's biggest benefits. As for the used games restrictions, I will probably never have an issue with this as I plan to download all my games from the marketplace. To my knowledge I will never be able to sell these games. I will also never have to get up to change discs again. :)

So, yeah. MS should stick to their guns on this one.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You know what I remember most about the PS3? How crappy the PS network was and how awful it was trying to join a multiplayer game. I have no doubt that these things will not change with the PS4. That is why I want an XBone. I know that the online requirement and the well maintained Microsoft servers are going to be some of it's biggest benefits. As for the used games restrictions, I will probably never have an issue with this as I plan to download all my games from the marketplace. To my knowledge I will never be able to sell these games. I will also never have to get up to change discs again. :)

There are many people that have the same mindset as you, and while things get worse for the complainers as they learn more information, for you it's the opposite.

Some new information for you is that you WILL be able to sell your digital game downloads back to Microsoft. The difference is that you will not have to go to a store to do it. You will be able to sit on your couch and sell your games. :)

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

sticking to guns or not. Not everyone can afford the price of new games. And if anything it should be cheaper to buy a downloaded game vs a disc one. But no prices will still be high and they'll charge for more and more stuff instead of selling a game that is completed. They'll use the internet thing as a way to say we can provide updates that way instead of just releasing a product when its been refined to the market. I buy used games cause there cheaper and I never worry about online play or what have you. Yes I understand lots of people do but not everyone does. It is saddening in a way that the game publishers are controlling it all. If for instance the killer instinct game is 60 but then you only get one character to play with unless you buy the rest that's just horrendous. Lets just keep bleeding the people dry. So yea I buy used for a reason and they've killed that aspect. No I'm not a ps fan. Never owned one. Never will. Its just all sad to me.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
sticking to guns or not. Not everyone can afford the price of new games. And if anything it should be cheaper to buy a downloaded game vs a disc one. But no prices will still be high and they'll charge for more and more stuff instead of selling a game that is completed. They'll use the internet thing as a way to say we can provide updates that way instead of just releasing a product when its been refined to the market. I buy used games cause there cheaper and I never worry about online play or what have you. Yes I understand lots of people do but not everyone does. It is saddening in a way that the game publishers are controlling it all. If for instance the killer instinct game is 60 but then you only get one character to play with unless you buy the rest that's just horrendous. Lets just keep bleeding the people dry. So yea I buy used for a reason and they've killed that aspect. No I'm not a ps fan. Never owned one. Never will. Its just all sad to me.

False information again. Killer Instinct is COMPLETELY FREE with one character. The rest of the characters cost money. Do your research.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft. Digital games and Physical games get treated identically. Once registered to your account, there is nothing different about them. Theoretically, you should be able to buy a physical game and then sell it digitally. It wouldn't be legal if they separated it. whether physical or digital, you are paying for the same game license, with two different ways to distribute it. Therefore, when you sell a game, you are selling your game license.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
How many laundry detergent adverts have you seen that says go buy a directly competing product? They would say we're always improving our product.

It doesn't matter if its a big deal or not and ms may have it totally right, but that's not the way to sell your product and get your message out.

Not the same, but there are detergents specifically made for the high efficiency models of washers. Some can 'appear' to say - if you don't have a HE washer - buy our other product...

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It is called NEXT generation for a reason. Has nobody been watching the game demos? In game after game after game, specifically for the next gen consoles, the developers are seamlessly integrating single player, coop and multiplayer. Matchmaking is almost completely transparent, and the beauty of the cloud on the X1 is that very little of the data stream will depend on our individual internet connection.

Sometimes we have to stop waiting for the infrastructure to support our concepts and just push ahead and let the infrastructure catch up.

EDIT: Going to pre-order my Day One tonight!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786