HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
me at all the console-butthurt-wars
JeiZD84.jpg

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be happy when the people who are most prone to whining won't be screaming online during a game of Halo.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok the game might be free but it was an example of what companies are doing. With all the additional purchased crap

Yeah, so? Why is it "crap?"

Dont you think that the people who make the games have the right to earn make a living? To keep the doors open and their employees employed?
There's also going to be the option to by a $60 version of the game.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If he's complaining about DRM, then he might not even get the ONE.

Yeah but his dad might not care about it and buy one anyway. Hate squealing 8 year olds. If your voice comes out like your on helium don't talk on a mic - wait till your balls drop then come back and moan at me

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, so? Why is it "crap?"

Dont you think that the people who make the games have the right to earn make a living? To keep the doors open and their employees employed?
There's also going to be the option to by a $60 version of the game.

ok look at metro last night. Need to pay more for an additional hard level. Just stupid. Just leave on the game already. The thing is if these said companies create a game worth selling they'll make loads if cash and not have to worry about paying there people.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but his dad might not care about it and buy one anyway. Hate squealing 8 year olds. If your voice comes out like your on helium don't talk on a mic - wait till your balls drop then come back and moan at me

I don't play online multi. I prefer local multi with actual friends. As well yea I won't buy the one or the ps4. I'm going to start doing more of something thats actually fun like more into mtb. Gaming has all but lost its appeal anymore. I also don't need the whole tv side of the system.as most the tv shows are rubbish as well. And no I'm not 8 asswipes. I have my opinions like the rest of you. I just find it hard when companies get away with murder.

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Not the same, but there are detergents specifically made for the high efficiency models of washers. Some can 'appear' to say - if you don't have a HE washer - buy our other product...

But in this case they are for same machine type. If anything x1 is for a broader range.

I'm trying not to derail thread by talking about other things other than his buy 360 comment.
Think its worth saying that i actually like 95% of what I'm seeing from ms, i just think that their message isn't getting across as good as it could be.

Personal opinion obviously, but i think its amazing that a machine that is trying to broaden the market, casual, core, media device, shown best media capabilities so far, more actual outright exclusives so far, compelling options with licencing especially digital, seems to come out looking like its in a lot of trouble by the internet.

Yes most games need the net, that's actually why i think the 24 hr check in isn't necessary, which is the only thing i think they really missed stepped with. People will be going online anyway, sell it as compelling reasons to be on line.
That way you get all the benefits of drm, with little of the downsides from ms point of view.
If offline, play with disk in. Its going to be hard to get the most out of most games next gen without being online.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok the game might be free but it was an example of what companies are doing. With all the additional purchased crap

I think it's a nice variation. It's not like I would actively play all the characters in it anyways, so I get a really nice game for maybe.. 10-15€ total rather than paying the 60€ for a lot of chars of which I'll likely never play majority of them twice.

I think F2P with microtransactions definitely has it's place. In fact, I actively play a handful of games, and pretty much half of them are F2P. I dont mind that WoW expansions cost with monthly sub, but the sad truth is that very few MMORPGs can pull that payment model off anymore while being succesful.

In your later message you say about "making a game worth selling and these people dont have to worry about paying their people". We're talking about a surprising few studios that can do this without breaking a sweat and even then we are looking at like Blizzard with WoW, CoD, BF etc.. and I can guarantee you that a lot of people will not find these games the best games out there. They might be the most succesful commercially, but there are so many games that never got a proper chance, even if they were far better than any of the three mentioned there. It's a rough business and most of those companies you talk about are mostly milking in the cash with the rep they got from 1-2 hit games in the past. These franchises hardly innovate, cos they are afraid they lose the cashcow if they do something different.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This reply, of needing a internet only is a big F U to gamers PERIOD... Yea, I see his point, if your on a Sub, yea, you will have a problem with internet but, what if my home internet goes out for a few days (it's happend 2-3 times this year for 2-5 days)? So I can't play my X1 even if I have the physical disk that does not need cloud based content ? Yea, yea yea, call comcast up and give them a hard time, sure I do it and get a credit but, this does not mean I wont have issues time to time...

This is NOT about cloud based content, This is about DRM and his reply pretty much, if you have internet problems, stick with a 360, is a serious F U to gamers...

I will not pre-order a X1, I will wait till this BS is ironed out for good. If I have a phsycal disc and have no internet, I SHOULD be able to play my games as long as I have the disc in hand and it does not NEED cloud based content. Games should be labeled that they NEED a internet connection but, single player games ? Really ?

Anything less than this is unacceptable in my eyes (and my internet is fine 98% of the time).

I'm a big fan and use my 360 almost every day but, for this and the used game issue, I am leaning towards a PS4....

If you want a X1 and dont have a internet connection then bend over and take it up the A**...thanks MS...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't play online multi. I prefer local multi with actual friends. As well yea I won't buy the one or the ps4. I'm going to start doing more of something thats actually fun like more into mtb. Gaming has all but lost its appeal anymore. I also don't need the whole tv side of the system.as most the tv shows are rubbish as well. And no I'm not 8 asswipes. I have my opinions like the rest of you. I just find it hard when companies get away with murder.

Man I do miss doing local multiplayer - used to pile round a friends house for a weekend 4 TV's 4 Xbox's 16 controllers - Halo, Ghost recon, Star wars battlefront - so much pizza.

No one said you were 8 - I was just expressing my dislike for high pitched 8 year olds while playing online. :wink:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have internet you really shouldn't get any console.. PS3, 360 or the next gen. No internet means no console updates and it seems every other game launches full of bugs and you need patches day one.

If I was MS, I would push out a smartphone app that lets you authenticate your games in the event you don't have home broadband, or your home broadband is out. Simply have your TV display some type of barcode, launch your XBox One app and point your smartphone camera at it, it talks to Microsoft and displays some code or something on your smartphone that you show to Kinect and BAM, off and running again.

Yes, I know not everybody has a smartphone, but households that don't have a smarthphone, and broadband and still will drop 500 bone on a console are probably not that many.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Man I do miss doing local multiplayer - used to pile round a friends house for a weekend 4 TV's 4 Xbox's 16 controllers - Halo, Ghost recon, Star wars battlefront - so much pizza.

Halo and Gears of War are my favorite local multiplayer games. Gears of War is probably #1 because it seemed more intense. All of a sudden BAM I'm getting cut in two by a chainsaw and in need of a clean pair of shorts.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This is an awesome response, MS handled this correctly. Same as with telling people they will just have to get high speed internet to use the original Xbox since it didn't have a modem.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, you don't need a high speed internet for the 24h check in. That you could probably do on a 56k modem. That's nothing but some very light data moving around. The recommendation for 1,5mbps is for actual online playing.

I do hope that they implement some way to verificate using Smartglass with just mobile internet that isn't even connected to Xbox (since especially in US tethering seems to cost extra?). People have suggested scanning a QR code made by the offline Xbox using Smartglass and the phone would verify it online. I just hope MS comes through with something like this.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is an awesome response, MS handled this correctly. Same as with telling people they will just have to get high speed internet to use the original Xbox since it didn't have a modem.

Man, I remember the outrage back then... and the internet wasn't close to what is is now obviously.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have internet you really shouldn't get any console.. PS3, 360 or the next gen. No internet means no console updates and it seems every other game launches full of bugs and you need patches day one.

You are completely missing the point here. Internet is like anything else in life, it goes out time to time, some a little less than others but, it still is a issue for people. This is not about updates or bug fixes, this is about DRM, Needing a connection every 24 hours or your cant use the system is unacceptable. So even if I used the game yesterday and it's fully updated, my internet goes out for 2-3 days, after 1 day, I cant use my X1 with games I own the disc on and just playing the single player game (not online or needing Cloud based conent). Really ?

You dont have ANY issue with that ? Yea a simple smartphone app would be a simple workaround for the issue, but, it does not resolve the problem at hand.

and what happens if MS servers are hacked or down for some reason??? Global problem with NO ONE WHO HAS A X1 COULD PLAY ANY GAME. Yep, I do have a problem with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo