MS responds to internet requirements: Get a 360

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I't seems as if evryone is blindly jumping the gun and clearly not thinking out of the box. 1.) Who is to say the the inital purchace of an X1 game wouldn't be cheaper than a PS4 game after all game pricing hasnt been announced yet. The same games on PC are a helluva lot cheaper than console games. 2.) The 3rd party devs/publishers like the idea of DRM, so who's to say that they will williningly support the PS4. 3.) And the comment from Sony about using the same DRM method as the current gen PS3; now this one caught my attention and I chuckled a little bit inside. Who is to say that the current PS3 dosent have a similar type of DRM method built in, which was later decided to not be enabled. Could be Sony double talk, bu tonly time will tell.

I took issue with both MS and Sony not having a lowered price on the digital version of their games this gen. When you cut out the middle man, something has to give. For example, Uncharted 3 for download was 60 bucks. Same price as a physical copy. I think PSN+ will be a big boost towards Indie gaming, because you will see good rates on those. Far as the AAA games go, I think Sony can remain competitive, if their digital versions are less expensive than the physical ones. It's then up to the consumer on how much they value having a physical copy vs a digital one.

Because Sony is going to be charging for MP, I do believe Sony is removing "online passes" for their exclusives. So because I'm already paying 5 bucks a month, buying a used copy of Game A from Gamestop for 50 bucks means...you are actually buying it for 50 bucks. Third party is an unknown, and it wouldn't surprise me to see if third parties try different versions of DRM to see what sort of reception they get.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This was a more idiotic answer than what got that fellow fired a month or two back. This guy basically just DARED the Xbox community to not buy Microsoft's console, by saying "if you don't have Internet, we don't want your business." I get his point, they plan to support the 360 with new games for at least a few more year. However, the idea here is to convince people to buy your new products, not to tell them not to spend their money because the old tech fits their needs better. Reasonable answer, terrible delivery.

blazer236ix

May 17, 2013
Visit site
how is it not arrogant? what if people want to enjoy the latest single player games but can't on the xbox done since they need to log on everyday

blazer236ix

May 17, 2013
Visit site
i think they charged the same because they were basically giving people the choice between digital and a hard copy of a game. They probably didnt see a point in cutting the costs if people who prefer digital are willing to pay.

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If I have a phsycal disc and have no internet, I SHOULD be able to play my games as long as I have the disc in hand and it does not NEED cloud based content. Games should be labeled that they NEED a internet connection but, single player games ? Really ?

Have you ever heard of Diablo 3, SIm City, Simpson's Tapped Out, Curiosity? These are all games that you need an internet connection to function. This idea is nothing new.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
what if your internet is out a few days? or if you take your console to someone's house and they dont have internet?

What if you just got Internet or you waited for your Internet to come back? I hope you don't subscribe to any online streaming service because what if your Internet went down!?! This is designed for the most common scenario not outliers. That's like saying lets design every computer to be slow so that they don't generate a lot of heat, because what if it gets hot and someone's AC gives out and it overheats!?!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
how is it not arrogant? what if people want to enjoy the latest single player games but can't on the xbox done since they need to log on everyday

Where is it written that those people are entitled to whatever they want without paying for what they want?

As for the get a 360 answer, that's just right tool for the right job. Common sense.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
How is expecting your console to play single player without an internet connection wanting something you didn't pay for? You paid for the console and you paid for the game; you're just asking MS not to treat you like a moron who cant be trusted with what you paid for. Microsoft are doing the Sony PS4 marketing for them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what if your internet is out a few days? or if you take your console to someone's house and they dont have internet?

I haven't even had my Internet service go down for a few hours, much less a few days, in the past 2 years that I've used Time-Warner.

My previous ISP was AT&T, and it only was down for a few hours one time.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
How is expecting your console to play single player without an internet connection wanting something you didn't pay for? You paid for the console and you paid for the game; you're just asking MS not to treat you like a moron who cant be trusted with what you paid for. Microsoft are doing the Sony PS4 marketing for them.

You can play your games without the internet. You just need a connection for a couple minutes at some point during the day.

That being said, I do think every 24 hours is ridiculous.

And btw, you didn't buy the game, you bought a license to the game. Just like with PC software.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm pretty sure under EU law if i buy a game its MINE. I am free to sell it or do as i like with it; I am NOT permitted to copy it. EULAs that state otherwise are illegal under EU law and worthless.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever heard of Diablo 3, SIm City, Simpson's Tapped Out, Curiosity? These are all games that you need an internet connection to function. This idea is nothing new.

That it's an old concept doesn't make it a good concept. Diablo III and Sim City got RIPPED for the server issues that severely hampered launch-window single player. That's what I find so odd, that after we've ripped those occurrences, we're praising Microsoft for taking it to the next asinine level, and calling it "the future."

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh well, I buy used games. I got fallout 3 for $8 bucks. I can afford new games, but I never seem to get around to buying them when they're new.

Oh well, no love lost.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
My issue isn't that some games require an online connection to validate them, its that ALL games do...even if i buy it on a physical disc. Why can't a game installed from a physical disc be validated by inserting the disc at least once on the day you wish to play that game.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Consumer: Your product "hammer" won't tighten this bolt. What if I want to tighten a bolt?

Business: Thankfully, we do have a product called "wrench" that tightens bolts.

Consumer: If I pay for hammer I want it to tighten bolts.

Business: But it wasn't designed to tighten bolts.

Consumer: But I want what I pay for.

Business: But why would you pay for it when I'm telling you ahead of time it doesn't tighten bolts?

Consumer: You're an arrogant jerk.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)