Why preorder count is flawed

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you can still get a "launch day PS4" on Amazon... So it's not sold out either.
PS4 launch day edition is sold out (on Amazon, at least). Listed as "currently unavailable" on Amazon, although when you click on it, you will still go to a PS4 - not launch edition, just the standard edition with all the bundles

I got curious though, and found out that PS4 Launch Day edition is identical to standard, EXCEPT that it is guaranteed that you will receive it on launch day. No guarantees with standard apparently.

This got me thinking to the Xbox One, which has no such disclaimers on the Amazon website. I'm wondering if it means that every single Xbox One preorder, Day One or not, is guaranteed to be available on launch day?

Greg Gorby

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting... I just ordered a Playstation 4 from Sony's site. If you looked at the links you would have seen one for Amazon, Target, AND Sony. Since I applied for thier credit card I got a $100 dollar credit on my bill bring the price of my new Playstation 4 down to $299.99.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Since I applied for thier credit card I got a $100 dollar credit on my bill bring the price of my new Playstation 4 down to $299.99.
You got a KILLER deal on a next gen console, congrats. If you're gonna take a hit on your credit, might as well save $100 in the process! Sweet!

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope you make the full use of your credit card. I hate having a CC that I'll never use. Which is pretty much my student credit card from back in the day.

A lot of people are going to be pissed if Amazon doesn't distinguish their X1's properly like they did with PS4. Either that, or they got plenty to hand out. Or maybe they just aren't selling well. I don't know.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Who cares?

In all honesty, no one knows how many consoles each company is selling out of. Sony could have 100 consoles while Microsoft could have 1000.

I went with Xbox One and I enjoy having exclusives first, prior to PS. Also, I only play CoD multiplayer... so the requirement for internet doesn't bother me.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
The reason you should care is because it shows where and what the consumer wants. If Xbox One was truly going to sell a lot from Day 1, then you can assume that the public is behind their vision of gaming. Maybe they will sell more later on, but it's just something to think about.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The reason you should care is because it shows where and what the consumer wants. If Xbox One was truly going to sell a lot from Day 1, then you can assume that the public is behind their vision of gaming. Maybe they will sell more later on, but it's just something to think about.

The problem with that is... I could care what others like when it comes to me buying electronics. Now if the console was out and the x1 was getting more 1s than 5s for customer satisfaction, that would be different.

A better statement would be... "Who cares about pre-order stats?"

Do you know the iPhone 3G pre-order did not sell too good... take a guess on how they sold though when it came out?

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't even compare it to the 3G. Every product is its own beast. The 3G wasn't exactly facing heavy backlash from blogs, consumers, etc. Like I said, maybe the X1 might regroup and sell more later on, but if it doesn't do so well from pre-orders and beyond, it can make MS think heavily about their policies and what they can do to make their console more accessible to everyone.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't even compare it to the 3G. Every product is its own beast. The 3G wasn't exactly facing heavy backlash from blogs, consumers, etc. Like I said, maybe the X1 might regroup and sell more later on, but if it doesn't do so well from pre-orders and beyond, it can make MS think heavily about their policies and what they can do to make their console more accessible to everyone.

It actually was. I worked for at&t. So I know. One of not being on other carriers and at&t network being garbage x2. The other being that people who paid full price for the original were on contract and couldn't upgrade!

But you're right, it wasn't a comparison between the products itself, but how pre-orders sales mean nothing!

Sean_Money07

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Poor people make me laugh. HA! HA!

I'm sorry but... really? Whether or not he is the type of 'poor person' to abuse tax returns and such is irrelevant, he was voicing his opinion and you decide to immaturely generalize? I know my persona on here might not look too prominent or mature myself but at the very least I don't go blasting people online at the earliest chance just because I made a comment that wasn't 100% pro-Microsoft...

Please. Go leave your nonsense at a political rally. I couldn't believe I was reading such nonsense on a forum relating to the Xbox One.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs