09-02-2013 12:44 PM
32 12
tools
    Although from the picture it looks like a Kinect v1. People that already invested in a Kinect will likely no longer use it for the 360 if they have an xbox one - So all they would need is a basic projector and the software and be good to go.

I did wonder what I was going to do with my Kinect v1 once xbox one is in my front room with Kinect v2.
    06-19-2013 11:06 AM
    Well it looks like Illumiroom wont ever see the light of day - unless you have a couple of thousand lying around and a link to MS R&D team

News: Xbox Illumiroom not expected to see release - would cost "thousands of dollars" - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Shame - another cool piece of tech from MS R&D that was just for show.
    09-02-2013 04:26 AM
    That's too bad. I think we'll see that tech again. Just not a feasible product right now.
    09-02-2013 07:16 AM
    That's too bad. I think we'll see that tech again. Just not a feasible product right now.
    Yeah - Although if you already had a gen1 Kinect spare from a redundant 360 and you already owned a projector what's to stop someone from setting one up and asking MS for a license to the software?
    09-02-2013 07:26 AM
    Yeah - Although if you already had a gen1 Kinect spare from a redundant 360 and you already owned a projector what's to stop someone from setting one up and asking MS for a license to the software?
    Maybe we'll get lucky and they will sell it as a DEV kit. A box that you connect a Kinect, a projector and mount in a way to use with your Xbox one. If they sell it as a dev kit, they are selling it as a unsupported item, as it could work but, Ms wont help you on the setup. No question it's going to need hardware to work but, if it's over wireless to the xbox one and a small board to connect everything...one word... E P I C

I would be all over, this would be open source projects to the MAX because I would think everyone would want to try this if they had the hardware or the funds for the hardware.

Sad to say, from the first time seeing this, I knew it would never hit the market because of the cost and ease of setup (Not cheap and could be hard to setup). I want this so bad, this would be epic and even if it cost a few hundred before the projector and Kinect, I would be all over it...
    09-02-2013 11:59 AM
    Maybe we'll get lucky and they will sell it as a DEV kit. A box that you connect a Kinect, a projector and mount in a way to use with your Xbox one. If they sell it as a dev kit, they are selling it as a unsupported item, as it could work but, Ms wont help you on the setup. No question it's going to need hardware to work but, if it's over wireless to the xbox one and a small board to connect everything...one word... E P I C

I would be all over, this would be open source projects to the MAX because I would think everyone would want to try this if they had the hardware or the funds for the hardware.

Sad to say, from the first time seeing this, I knew it would never hit the market because of the cost and ease of setup (Not cheap and could be hard to setup). I want this so bad, this would be epic and even if it cost a few hundred before the projector and Kinect, I would be all over it...
    I may well think about making some enquiries after the xbox one gets released - im not going to be using my Kinect from my 360 and I have a projector at home as well. if its a case of paying a couple of hundred for a board that makes it all work then im all for that.
    09-02-2013 12:37 PM
    I may well think about making some enquiries after the xbox one gets released - im not going to be using my Kinect from my 360 and I have a projector at home as well. if its a case of paying a couple of hundred for a board that makes it all work then im all for that.
    Same here, got a nice little 720p projector that I only use for special things and Kinect, would love it but, I would not count on it.

I even tweeted majornelson on it....might as well plant the seed...
    09-02-2013 12:44 PM
32 12