06-17-2013 09:57 PM
67 123
tools
    I get your point but if a, it only works on sum games how is it integral to Xbox one I figure when u mean integral im thinking every game that the x1 has uses the Kinect but it doesn't and I don't mean as a glorified MIC i mean really implemented but I didn't see much of that at e3 so that said for the bf4 hammer what's he gettin out of the Kinect? How about those cod guys what did Xbox one show at e3 using the Kinect that wowed those guys from reading articles from hardcore gamers from machinima they weren't totally convinced on the new Kinect let alone forced I swear I would buy it as an add on if I were to be a bit more convinced I would spend the extra 100$ but I want to see how it will work for me since I'll be the one buying it and it makes no sense on if you can turn it of meaning you a,you won't be using it ir just sitting it on the floor catching dust why is that fair to either those who will use it or those who worked hard developing it its not fair. leave it to those who will use it not just sit it in a corner and let it get ruined
    06-17-2013 03:20 PM
    I get your point but if a, it only works on sum games how is it integral to Xbox one I figure when u mean integral im thinking every game that the x1 has uses the Kinect but it doesn't and I don't mean as a glorified MIC i mean really implemented but I didn't see much of that at e3 so that said for the bf4 gammer what's he gettin out of the Kinect? How about those cod guys what did Xbox one show at e3 using the Kinect that wowed those guys from reading articles from hardcore gamers from machinima they weren't totally convinced on the new Kinect let alone forced I swear I would buy it as an add on if I were to be a bit more convinced I would spend the extra 100$ but I want to see how it will work for me since I'll be the one buying it and it makes no sense on if you can turn it of meaning you a,you won't be using it ir just sitting it on the floor catching dust why is that fair to either those who will use it or those who worked hard developing it its not fair. leave it to those who will use it not just sit it in a corner and let it get ruined
    7 lines of text. 1 paragraph.
    - 1 period, 2 commas, and a question-mark used.

No thank you.
    a5cent and Ordeith like this.
    06-17-2013 03:26 PM
    7 lines of text. 1 paragraph.
    - 1 period, 2 commas, and a question-mark used.

No thank you.
    wow so out of all that I just typed that's what you got out of it wow again maybe you need new glasses no big deal I guess
    06-17-2013 03:39 PM
    And if your so scared of the one eyed Cyclops then cover it with a towel.
    LOL, are you referring to the Kinect as a one eyed Cyclops or something else that should be covered by a towel?
    Robert Carpenter likes this.
    06-17-2013 03:58 PM
    I get your point but if a, it only works on sum games how is it integral to Xbox one I figure when u mean integral im thinking every game that the x1 has uses the Kinect but it doesn't and I don't mean as a glorified MIC i mean really implemented but I didn't see much of that at e3 so that said for the bf4 gammer what's he gettin out of the Kinect? How about those cod guys what did Xbox one show at e3 using the Kinect that wowed those guys from reading articles from hardcore gamers from machinima they weren't totally convinced on the new Kinect let alone forced I swear I would buy it as an add on if I were to be a bit more convinced I would spend the extra 100$ but I want to see how it will work for me since I'll be the one buying it and it makes no sense on if you can turn it of meaning you a,you won't be using it ir just sitting it on the floor catching dust why is that fair to either those who will use it or those who worked hard developing it its not fair. leave it to those who will use it not just sit it in a corner and let it get ruined
    That was a pretty difficult read.

So I THINK I'm answering your question here. But if you respond, could you please make it easier to read? I feel like I'm trying to translate another language. The point of a discussion board is to communicate. You're making that difficult.

The XBOX ONE isn't only a gaming system. It's a complete entertainment hub. Kinect is used for navigating the menu, resizing screens, going in and out of media, etc... Think beyond games.

It's like if you are a person that likes drag racing. So you wonder why cars have steering wheels. Why?
    And that Reverse thing... why do cars have Reverse?

Well, maybe the car was made to do more.

As for games using the Kinect... I don't expect the real innovation in games to happen for another 2 years or so. The games at launch were being made before this version of Kinect was completed. Developers didn't know the final specs of the XBOX ONE, let alone the final specs of the Kinect.
    06-17-2013 04:13 PM
    wow so out of all that I just typed that's what you got out of it wow again maybe you need new glasses no big deal I guess
    That was hard to read too.
    06-17-2013 04:16 PM
    That was hard to read too.
    sorry I was typing while at work I am American though and I can kinda type but I've always understood what Xbox wanted to do with the Kinect I remember it was project natal or something but im good with out an awesome MIC and as of right now that's all it is till a few years but what I and many can't understand is why not offer it as an option later. I'll buy it I've said that before it just doesn't seem fair to those that have enjoyed the Kinect before to leave it for them. Ok Xbox got me for 100$ I've been robbed before no big deal but what if it ends up like the last one. if they sell 48,000,000 to those Xbox live users that will be 4,800,000$ they made laughing there a#$es of all the way to the bank
    06-17-2013 06:29 PM
    sorry I was typing while at work I am American though and I can kinda type but I've always understood what Xbox wanted to do with the Kinect I remember it was project natal or something but im good with out an awesome MIC and as of right now that's all it is till a few years but what I and many can't understand is why not offer it as an option later. I'll buy it I've said that before it just doesn't seem fair to those that have enjoyed the Kinect before to leave it for them. Ok Xbox got me for 100$ I've been robbed before no big deal but what if it ends up like the last one. if they sell 48,000,000 to those Xbox live users that will be 4,800,000$ they made laughing there a#$es of all the way to the bank
    As was stated earlier, the XBOX is more than just a game console. The Kinect is a control system that is integral to many different parts of the system.

Most people don't want to sit at their entertainment center watching TV or a movie with a game controller in their hand.

Also, the only way to really get "buy in" from developers to create real awesome games using Kinect is to assure them that they won't be sacrificing user base when they do so. Every console has it.
    06-17-2013 06:40 PM
    The idea is to use some form of grammar. It's hard to determine where one statement ends and the next begins when it is all basically one unpunctuated mess. It's not that he needs glasses, you need sentence structure.
    curseoftheninja likes this.
    06-17-2013 07:11 PM
    As was stated earlier, the XBOX is more than just a game console. The Kinect is a control system that is integral to many different parts of the system.

Most people don't want to sit at their entertainment center watching TV or a movie with a game controller in their hand.

Also, the only way to really get "buy in" from developers to create real awesome games using Kinect is to assure them that they won't be sacrificing user base when they do so. Every console has it.
    you made a good point I understand where the x1 is going I bet it would be awesome in the living room but I play mine in my gamming room so that's how making the Kinect an option is even better of an idea.who is it fair to that many of these Kinect are going to end up in the floor covered because as you know not to many people besides
    me like this thing who is it fair to the developers of the Kinect the makers who? I know I won't need it when I get my x1 so what do I do with mine in my draw till the games I like implement the Kinect it will happen in the future but mean while this Kinect will sit in my draw I just don't think that's fair to any one me or Xbox they could have saved them for those that use and are interested why is so hard to understand that?
    06-17-2013 07:19 PM
    I'm sorry. It's really hard to understand what you wrote.

Separating sentences with periods and capital letters makes it easier to read. As Keith said, it's hard to tell where one thought ends and the next one begins. I don't know where the pauses are supposed to be.
    06-17-2013 07:37 PM
    I'm sorry. It's really hard to understand what you wrote.

Separating sentences with periods and capital letters makes it easier to read. As Keith said, it's hard to tell where one thought ends and the next one begins. I don't know where the pauses are supposed to be.
    never mind I guess all you see is my punctuation not my point but who cares about these forums right they never listen to us any way all we do is complain I always thought venting was for women thought I'd give it a try
    06-17-2013 08:28 PM
    And you're missing the point.

If you want to be able to communicate with people, you need to make an effort to be understood. Nobody likes having to decipher what you're saying just because you're being too lazy to write coherently.
    06-17-2013 08:51 PM
    I'm just trying to figure out (a) if this Paul guy is just trolling everyone or if his writing skills are really that lacking and (b) why anyone I'd actually trying to understand him when he clearly couldn't care less.
    06-17-2013 09:11 PM
    you made a good point I understand where the x1 is going I bet it would be awesome in the living room but I play mine in my gamming room so that's how making the Kinect an option is even better of an idea.who is it fair to that many of these Kinect are going to end up in the floor covered because as you know not to many people besides
    me like this thing who is it fair to the developers of the Kinect the makers who? I know I won't need it when I get my x1 so what do I do with mine in my draw till the games I like implement the Kinect it will happen in the future but mean while this Kinect will sit in my draw I just don't think that's fair to any one me or Xbox they could have saved them for those that use and are interested why is so hard to understand that?
    Xbox On. Play Titanfall. Snap Achievements.

Investment justified.
    06-17-2013 09:36 PM
    No im not trolling .im getting the x1 so I'll try the Kinect then I'll complain.but not until then. it does look sweet I'll give it a shot
    06-17-2013 09:56 PM
    I was very skeptical about wp8 but now that im here I'll never go back.hope its the same for that kinect
    06-17-2013 09:57 PM
67 123