MS needs an Xbox one without the Kinect.

wolfgangjr

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Not really interested in a box in my house watching my every move for advertisers and other information gatherers.

Lol. OMG. The Kinect paranoia is just absurd. You are being tracked by marketers with everything that you do. Who f'ing cares? Just enjoy the xb1. Play games and have fun. Your going to buy games because of all the marketing anyways. And if your so scared of the one eyed Cyclops then cover it with a towel.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
How is the new Kinect implemented in new battlfied4,
How about killer instinct,
How a bout NBA 14,
How about the new halo,
No need for Kinect these were new realeses new Xbox one releases and none of theses games not one uses Kinect so why do I need one.... I don't , dice knew us battlefield players wont need the Kinect so no implementation same for cod ,killer instinct a so on
So my question to all is if they sold the Kinect separately would they sell? I say not well

Answer to all your questions, who cares. Who cares if there is kinect implemented in launch games. The whole point is if there is kinect implemented in games launched 2015-2020. You are buying future gaming here and without forcing kinect, nothing would change. Now its more probable that we will see nice and cool stuff in future (that PS4 gamers will not see). Risk is always that nobody invents anything useful for kinect, but that is risk I am ready to take. If you are not, then don't buy the machine.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just treat it like a packed-in controller like the one for the Wii U. Games have to evolve, it's been stagnant for too long apart for graphical fidelity. The PS4 is essentially a PC, the Xbox is trying to do something different. I welcome this.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Answer to all your questions, who cares. Who cares if there is kinect implemented in launch games. The whole point is if there is kinect implemented in games launched 2015-2020. You are buying future gaming here and without forcing kinect, nothing would change. Now its more probable that we will see nice and cool stuff in future (that PS4 gamers will not see). Risk is always that nobody invents anything useful for kinect, but that is risk I am ready to take. If you are not, then don't buy the machine.
you kinda make sense and kinda not ..not to me at least you say who cares that the Kinect will even work or not maybe in about 2years or so I understand risk but why not the risk when there ready were paying 100$ more for what the future ok I'll buy it in the future im not buying the x1 for the Kinect obviously they sold the kinect separate before what happend

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft havn't shown the full range of voice commands available with Kinect yet, but if they do it properly, so i can change music, or view achievements, or pop up internet explorer or youtube, all whilst in game, and do searches, then within a month, everyone will be wondering how they ever survived without kinect (or at least the mic) attached.

Sean_Money07

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Personally, as an avid gamer I do see why people would want to have a cheaper Xbox One SKU that doesn't resort to having a Kinect pre-packaged, as Xbox 360's efforts with the device were mediocre at best (here's looking at you, Star Wars Kinect). However, I think that given how Microsoft handles the Kinect with the One, it can be a valuable addition to the system. That being said, perhaps giving the Kinect about a 6 month/1 year trial being mandatory would be alright before those against Kinect immediately shut the idea down. It would be as simple as saying that if the system doesn't work, don't sell the Kinect, if it does, tote it and sell it by default.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
People need to realize that the Kinect is not longer considered a separate peripheral. It's integral to the design of the XBOX ONE.

It's like buying a desktop computer without a keyboard.

Consumer: But... but... I don't want a keyboard.

Salesperson: Then buy a touchscreen tablet.

Consumer: But I want the desktop PC.

Salesperson: Well, the one you want uses a keyboard.

Consumer: But I don't want a keyboard.

Salesperson: Then buy something else.

Consumer: But I don't want something else.

Salesperson: You want something that doesn't use a keyboard.

Consumer: Yes.

Salesperson: That's something else.

Consumer. No it's not. I want this desktop PC, but I don't want it to use keyboard input. Microsoft might be logging my keyboard strokes.

Salesperson: #facepalm

Last edited:

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
People need to realize that the Kinect is not longer considered a separate peripheral. It's integral to the design of the XBOX ONE.

It's like buying a desktop computer without a mouse.

Consumer: But... but... I don't want a keyboard.

Salesperson: Then buy a touchscreen tablet.

Consumer: But I want the desktop PC.

Salesperson: Well, the one you want uses a keyboard.

Consumer: But I don't want a keyboard.

Salesperson: Then buy something else.

Consumer: But I don't want something else.

Salesperson: You want something that doesn't use a keyboard.

Consumer: Yes.

Salesperson: That's something else.

Consumer. No it's not. I want this desktop PC, but I don't want it to use keyboard input. Microsoft might be logging my keyboard strokes.

Salesperson: #facepalm
I get your point but if a, it only works on sum games how is it integral to Xbox one I figure when u mean integral im thinking every game that the x1 has uses the Kinect but it doesn't and I don't mean as a glorified MIC i mean really implemented but I didn't see much of that at e3 so that said for the bf4 gammer what's he gettin out of the Kinect? How about those cod guys what did Xbox one show at e3 using the Kinect that wowed those guys from reading articles from hardcore gamers from machinima they weren't totally convinced on the new Kinect let alone forced I swear I would buy it as an add on if I were to be a bit more convinced I would spend the extra 100$ but I want to see how it will work for me since I'll be the one buying it and it makes no sense on if you can turn it of meaning you a,you won't be using it ir just sitting it on the floor catching dust why is that fair to either those who will use it or those who worked hard developing it its not fair. leave it to those who will use it not just sit it in a corner and let it get ruined

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I get your point but if a, it only works on sum games how is it integral to Xbox one I figure when u mean integral im thinking every game that the x1 has uses the Kinect but it doesn't and I don't mean as a glorified MIC i mean really implemented but I didn't see much of that at e3 so that said for the bf4 hammer what's he gettin out of the Kinect? How about those cod guys what did Xbox one show at e3 using the Kinect that wowed those guys from reading articles from hardcore gamers from machinima they weren't totally convinced on the new Kinect let alone forced I swear I would buy it as an add on if I were to be a bit more convinced I would spend the extra 100$ but I want to see how it will work for me since I'll be the one buying it and it makes no sense on if you can turn it of meaning you a,you won't be using it ir just sitting it on the floor catching dust why is that fair to either those who will use it or those who worked hard developing it its not fair. leave it to those who will use it not just sit it in a corner and let it get ruined

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I get your point but if a, it only works on sum games how is it integral to Xbox one I figure when u mean integral im thinking every game that the x1 has uses the Kinect but it doesn't and I don't mean as a glorified MIC i mean really implemented but I didn't see much of that at e3 so that said for the bf4 gammer what's he gettin out of the Kinect? How about those cod guys what did Xbox one show at e3 using the Kinect that wowed those guys from reading articles from hardcore gamers from machinima they weren't totally convinced on the new Kinect let alone forced I swear I would buy it as an add on if I were to be a bit more convinced I would spend the extra 100$ but I want to see how it will work for me since I'll be the one buying it and it makes no sense on if you can turn it of meaning you a,you won't be using it ir just sitting it on the floor catching dust why is that fair to either those who will use it or those who worked hard developing it its not fair. leave it to those who will use it not just sit it in a corner and let it get ruined

7 lines of text. 1 paragraph.
- 1 period, 2 commas, and a question-mark used.

No thank you.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

That was a pretty difficult read.

So I THINK I'm answering your question here. But if you respond, could you please make it easier to read? I feel like I'm trying to translate another language. The point of a discussion board is to communicate. You're making that difficult.

The XBOX ONE isn't only a gaming system. It's a complete entertainment hub. Kinect is used for navigating the menu, resizing screens, going in and out of media, etc... Think beyond games.

It's like if you are a person that likes drag racing. So you wonder why cars have steering wheels. Why?
And that Reverse thing... why do cars have Reverse?

Well, maybe the car was made to do more.

As for games using the Kinect... I don't expect the real innovation in games to happen for another 2 years or so. The games at launch were being made before this version of Kinect was completed. Developers didn't know the final specs of the XBOX ONE, let alone the final specs of the Kinect.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
That was hard to read too.

sorry I was typing while at work I am American though and I can kinda type but I've always understood what Xbox wanted to do with the Kinect I remember it was project natal or something but im good with out an awesome MIC and as of right now that's all it is till a few years but what I and many can't understand is why not offer it as an option later. I'll buy it I've said that before it just doesn't seem fair to those that have enjoyed the Kinect before to leave it for them. Ok Xbox got me for 100$ I've been robbed before no big deal but what if it ends up like the last one. if they sell 48,000,000 to those Xbox live users that will be 4,800,000$ they made laughing there a#$es of all the way to the bank

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
sorry I was typing while at work I am American though and I can kinda type but I've always understood what Xbox wanted to do with the Kinect I remember it was project natal or something but im good with out an awesome MIC and as of right now that's all it is till a few years but what I and many can't understand is why not offer it as an option later. I'll buy it I've said that before it just doesn't seem fair to those that have enjoyed the Kinect before to leave it for them. Ok Xbox got me for 100$ I've been robbed before no big deal but what if it ends up like the last one. if they sell 48,000,000 to those Xbox live users that will be 4,800,000$ they made laughing there a#$es of all the way to the bank

As was stated earlier, the XBOX is more than just a game console. The Kinect is a control system that is integral to many different parts of the system.

Most people don't want to sit at their entertainment center watching TV or a movie with a game controller in their hand.

Also, the only way to really get "buy in" from developers to create real awesome games using Kinect is to assure them that they won't be sacrificing user base when they do so. Every console has it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
wow so out of all that I just typed that's what you got out of it wow again maybe you need new glasses no big deal I guess

The idea is to use some form of grammar. It's hard to determine where one statement ends and the next begins when it is all basically one unpunctuated mess. It's not that he needs glasses, you need sentence structure.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
As was stated earlier, the XBOX is more than just a game console. The Kinect is a control system that is integral to many different parts of the system.

Most people don't want to sit at their entertainment center watching TV or a movie with a game controller in their hand.

Also, the only way to really get "buy in" from developers to create real awesome games using Kinect is to assure them that they won't be sacrificing user base when they do so. Every console has it.
you made a good point I understand where the x1 is going I bet it would be awesome in the living room but I play mine in my gamming room so that's how making the Kinect an option is even better of an idea.who is it fair to that many of these Kinect are going to end up in the floor covered because as you know not to many people besides
me like this thing who is it fair to the developers of the Kinect the makers who? I know I won't need it when I get my x1 so what do I do with mine in my draw till the games I like implement the Kinect it will happen in the future but mean while this Kinect will sit in my draw I just don't think that's fair to any one me or Xbox they could have saved them for those that use and are interested why is so hard to understand that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo