06-23-2013 03:24 PM
176 1234 ...
tools
    So, what about the ability to seamlessly and instantly jump from one game to another? Is that dead now too?
    Not sure. I can only see that happening on downloaded titles.
    06-19-2013 04:57 PM
    Except, the more I think about it, how do they controll when you are using the game disc-less and you turn around and sell the disc... unfortunately, it's all or nothing... although, hopefully digital download games will still be "roaming".
    06-19-2013 04:58 PM
    So, what about the ability to seamlessly and instantly jump from one game to another? Is that dead now too?

I wish they would gives us the choice to 'opt in' to the sharing stuff. Those that opt-in get the 24 hour check, but they can share. All my friends were going to do it...

Really disappointed that the digital sharing features are dead. Especially with the rumor that Steam is going to support it....
    well I guess it would only work for digitally downloaded games (since they don't have a disc to check, and you cant share them or sell or give them away), but if you install a game from a disc, you cant switch it instantly if you have to get up, change the disc, and wait for the unit to read it. if their words say "xbox one, disc in try, just like today in 360" that only means. people who liked the features, will be disappointed by this. because now you have to get up every time you want to play a game you bought in disc.
    Reflexx likes this.
    06-19-2013 04:59 PM
    So we've lost all the good stuff. Why not just slap a Sony logo next to the Xbox one. Remove the Kinect and drop the price to $399.

I've had 9 people put reorders in purely on the family share feature that they werent aware of because it was buried by all the negative crap about 24hour check ins and drm that tech bloggers and commenters went on about. Now those same tech bloggers will be going on that they've backed down and shown weakness and bowed to public demand but oh no ms still cant get things right as they remove one of its most impressive features that you didn't really know about because we were too busy moaning about stuff we've already had in place for years on pcs and mobiles.

Sucks big time. I'm out of this new generation. Can all kiss my ***
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    Reflexx likes this.
    06-19-2013 05:03 PM
    Well this sucks...

And I mean Microsoft has already put a lot or money, time, and R&D developing all these cool next gen stuff that they just took out.
    I feel like what they'll do is just shelf it for 6 months after the release, get in all the preorders and happy *cough*ignorannt*cough* consumers that wanted all the old changes to buy xboxone..and then slowly introduce the the next gen stuff like sharing and internet and DRM, either in a mix of old and new gen, or opt in.
    Reflexx likes this.
    Ugh, if Microsoft was better at 'telling' the story and PRing their vision they might have avoided the huge backlash and not have had to reverse their vision...

But, they failed at that and now we lose some really cool things.

But, as a friend (who works for GS corporate mentioned) - MS has 'flipped' the switch off... they could turn it back on at some point... which would be huge.
    Small minded thinkers are so freaking annoying.
    06-19-2013 05:07 PM
    06-19-2013 05:14 PM
    Damn. I really wanted the ability to freakin' take my games with me and play on any Xbox One anywhere. Gah. Well, Microsoft did what was necessary and appealed to the masses I suppose. They're a business. Either way, I now believe that Xbox One will win this holiday season.
    06-19-2013 05:14 PM
    It was probably the smart decision, though I was looking forward to the family share option. The DRM wasn't that big of an issue for me, but I am glad they're at least maintaining the digital versions of the games even if we can't share them now.

EDIT: I seriously hope this doesn't lead to a lengthy delay in the console's release, though.
    06-19-2013 05:23 PM
    So if MS is able to just remove all those things...then it can be chalked up to software features right? Something they can add on later down the road by a flip of the switch essentially? Maybe they might be going with a slow and steady model rather than all out?
    LeLee092 likes this.
    06-19-2013 05:32 PM
    So if MS is able to just remove all those things...then it can be chalked up to software features right? Something they can add on later down the road by a flip of the switch essentially? Maybe they might be going with a slow and steady model rather than all out?
    Yeah thats what im thinking too..i think they realized that consumerss arent ready for the 'real' next gen...but i think Microsoft vision is going to happen...just in a slower more adaptable way. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    06-19-2013 05:39 PM
    What's a unique gamer tag?
    06-19-2013 05:41 PM
    I wish they gave people the option to choose if they wanted the 24 hr check in or not. For example if I am hooked up to the internet. Check my download to see that I have it so I can play without discs. But if I don't have internet and I used a disc to install make me use the disc. I wonder how difficult that would of been. This change they made almost kills the fast game switching. But luckily for me I am going to try to buy most of my games digitally so I don't lose that feature. I am also disappointed they got rid of the 10 family game share. Oh well I guess. I am glad Microsoft listened to some feedback.
    06-19-2013 05:41 PM
    What's a unique gamer tag?
    It means that there are FAR more unique individual accounts playing the game than there are copies sold.
    06-19-2013 05:46 PM
    What about the seamless switching between games?! Now we have to put in the disc! I really wanted the Xbox One to bring gaming into the future.
    06-19-2013 06:10 PM
    Personally i think Microsoft had to make the change, fair enough some people disagree with Xbox One having to track back to the normal features that gamers wanted....Microsofts pockets will be even fatter now that they will have all the people who used xbox 360 were jumping ship to the PS4 a lot of my friends that were actually going to change to Playstation have now reverted back to wanting XB1 a lot of memes etc have been going viral on twitter n Facebook ps4 v xb1 and all the rules they had which put people of in their droves of the xb1 but that has now changed and so has their minds. Microsoft now will be laughing all the way to the bank becus XB1 will sell the way they wanted it to $$$$$$$$$

P.s if they could drop the features that were implemented at the start surely they can gradually add the cooler features in future XB1 updates?
    theefman likes this.
    06-19-2013 06:15 PM
    Ugh, if Microsoft was better at 'telling' the story and PRing their vision they might have avoided the huge backlash and not have had to reverse their vision...

But, they failed at that and now we lose some really cool things.
    100% this, well stated. MS ushered in this controversial new DRM system with a press release the weekend before E3. They were not able to advance a vision that might justify these restrictions at their E3 presentation. Then they added salt to the wound by saying Xbox 360 was for those that the DRM didn't work for. It is MS' fault, and only MS' fault, that they had to reverse course on this. Their failure will be a case study for years to come of how not to sell innovation.
    JoeDizzle33 likes this.
    06-19-2013 06:17 PM
    Disc games will require the disc to play; if MS have any sense they'll only need the physical disk to verify ownership each time you run it then it will run the hdd version.
    06-19-2013 06:24 PM
    Disc games will require the disc to play; if MS have any sense they'll only need the physical disk to verify ownership each time you run it then it will run the hdd version.
    I'm sure it will, just like the PoS4... BD can get too slow for games.
    06-19-2013 06:26 PM
    Well well well.....
    Now its time for people to explain the benefits now that its too late.
    http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-one-just...ault-514411905
    Not sure if they wrote an article before about benefits or not to be fair.
    Also game prices was held like ps4 but, due to more control etc, prices may have dropped quicker after couple months on sale.

I didn't like the 24 hr check in (felt was possible ways to go offline), but felt ms really mishandled everything by not getting a clear understandable message out.
    Wonder how things would've panned out if they could've released year early.

Its amazing how people are now saying they wont buy because they even tried to go this route, cant please some people i guess.
    Only thing people can hope for now is that in the future they make digital and physical behave differently to get all the positives that was going to happen.

People ask why is it one or the other, give offline facilities etc. Well the OS/infrastructure wasn't designed to differentiate between disk and digital. So just had to drop it. Maybe in the near future....
    06-19-2013 06:30 PM
    Can we still share games with our Family ? and play from our friends house with our account?

Those things were really good.

But I'm Happy now too.
    06-19-2013 06:33 PM
    They have five months to make the check-in and new features optional. It's what they should have done in the first place. Make it optional, then make it attractive and people will flock to it.

And no, Rodrigo. They have decided to make it EXACTLY like this Gen. Frak the haters.
    DavidinCT and LeLee092 like this.
    06-19-2013 06:33 PM
    They have five months to make the check-in and new features optional. It's what they should have done in the first place. Make it optional, then make it attractive and people will flock to it.

And no, Rodrigo. They have decided to make it EXACTLY like this Gen. Frak the haters.
    This is what I will hope for. In fact, why wouldn't downloading a game vs buying a physical disc be the opt-in for the digital centric features? Does not make sense at all to completely backtrack rather than simply make physical discs behave as per usual. Even have an option per account that controls behavior of "installing" the game so that if anyone decided to take advantage of those features down the road they would have the option of transferring the license to digital. As if Microsoft didn't already have enough people irate at them, they go and do something like this to alienate the people that did share their vision.
    06-19-2013 06:50 PM
    5 months sounds like a long time, but i bet their pressed to even get done the stuff they had to do before this change.

Do agree they should've found a better way first time. That's the trouble when you have good ideas and the bean counters says yea, it all adds up loosing the people who can't get online or don't like it. And not taking into account the emotions.
    They knew from last year it would be a massive sell, and just ignored it. Didn't even get their message ready or anything
    06-19-2013 06:53 PM
176 1234 ...