06-24-2013 07:58 PM
171 ... 567
tools
    Really? the way you were going on it sounded like you were dumping everything MS. In the words of Peter Jones "Im out" - Sounds pretty final to me. I'm not off anywhere, I'm omnipresent, I'm everywhere.
    I swear, if I see you in my kitchen when I go in there to do the dishes in a moment, I'm calling to cops.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    06-22-2013 11:07 AM
    I swear, if I see you in my kitchen when I go in there to do the dishes in a moment, I'm calling to cops.
    Jeez... what the heck did I just miss?
    Mystictrust likes this.
    06-22-2013 11:48 AM
    Today is a perfect example of why I'm glad MS is simplifying the launch DRM:
    - I have an XBL family account for my kids and me
    - I got my son a Windows phone today
    - He can't download apps to the phone because family members can't have credit cards on their XBL account
    - I have spent the past hour trying to figure this out, then when I think I finally have the solution the Live commerce site won't load on my tablet or computer
    - I'm now on hold with customer support
    - Much more of this and I'm going to be forced to return the Windows phone and get him an iPhone, teens only have so much patience for this stuff...

Last time I got a new MS device was the Surface, it took me 2 hours of trying until I found out I couldn't configure my e-mail account because Surface didn't support POP3.

I can only imagine what Nov 27th would have been like with the originally planned DRM and I bet a lot of XBO's would have gotten boxed back up and returned.
    Yakkob likes this.
    06-22-2013 01:25 PM
    Jeez... what the heck did I just miss?
    Dude claimed to be omnipresent. I was concerned.
    Mystictrust and martinmc78 like this.
    06-22-2013 02:12 PM
    Regarding not being able to DL stuff on WP8 with a family Gold plan, I believe you can go into the XBL site and set him as an adult, that will give him access to buy apps... Had to do that with my wife, LOL
    06-22-2013 05:15 PM
    I'm pretty sure that they WERE prepared, and that's why they were able to revert to the old system so quickly. I really think that they had the old system created as a backup to this new one, just in case people didn't like the new DRM policies.
    I mean. There was so much hate and backlash going on prior to the X1 reveal. So they should have known they needed to present this DRM stuff clearly. They failed so bad, and still struggled to explain it properly after the X1 reveal. E3 gave us nothing but "If you don't have online, buy a 360". It just amazes me that their PR failed so badly.
    06-22-2013 06:42 PM
    Regarding not being able to DL stuff on WP8 with a family Gold plan, I believe you can go into the XBL site and set him as an adult, that will give him access to buy apps... Had to do that with my wife, LOL
    Thanks for the advice. I ended up having to clear the cache on my web browser, log in to the commerce site, enter a credit card for my son's account (cannot do this through Xbox Live), then wait 5 minutes. Now he can download apps.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    06-22-2013 08:42 PM
    See, the problem is that I just don't want a PS4. If they had the games I want, then I would be interested. But yo, they don't. That game Deep Down, hasn't actually got announced, and its not even actually gonna be Dragon's Dogma 2. Its just sort of in the same universe. What did get announced was Dead Rising 3.

With me, its games-games-games. I simply can't get excited for games that don't exist to me yet. I-Just-Don't-Care for these current PS4 games. Mlah.
    E3 2013: Energy Drinks Are Ammo in Sunset Overdrive - Giant Bomb
    06-23-2013 12:11 AM
    See, the problem is that I just don't want a PS4. If they had the games I want, then I would be interested. But yo, they don't. That game Deep Down, hasn't actually got announced, and its not even actually gonna be Dragon's Dogma 2. Its just sort of in the same universe. What did get announced was Dead Rising 3.

With me, its games-games-games. I simply can't get excited for games that don't exist to me yet. I-Just-Don't-Care for these current PS4 games. Mlah.
    E3 2013: Energy Drinks Are Ammo in Sunset Overdrive - Giant Bomb
    Same deal here. I'm iffy on getting the One right now, though I'd kind-of like to. However, I primarily like FPS titles, and that's not where the PlayStation shines. That, and I plan to keep my 360 regardless, and I'm not going to pay for XBL and PSN+ together, it's just not worth it. The ONLY game that I would have had a high level of interest in on PS4 would have been Kingdom Hearts 3, but with that making its way to the Xbox, that killed Sony's one selling point. I'd like to get MLB: The Show, but it's not worth a purchase of a console on its own.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    06-23-2013 12:41 AM
    No game is worth a purchase of a console IMO. Just a bad case of priorities you got then. And yeah, not going to buy either console, but given my love for a diverse range of games, I'll probably be getting the PS4 when they release a slim version down the road.
    06-23-2013 01:29 AM
    Bit of a merry go round for me - I pre-ordered mine the day after E3 - then cancelled the pre-order the day after the DRM U-turn. But this morning after a bit of thought I have pre-ordered again.

I'm not missing out on this generation of consoles purely for a couple of features that will be missing at launch. PS4 isn't an option, I wouldn't ever buy one or use it even if someone bought one for me.

There are far too many still cool features that I would use on a daily basis on the Xbox one and I will be buying everything digitally as I'm not supporting the used game market and never have done.

Hot swapping between services and games, snapping Skype, TV, internet. Kinect voice and gesture controls and lets not forget the awesome games that are coming. These are just some of the reasons I'm coming back into the fold.

The way MS handled things was really poor and I don't think there has ever been a time I have been more infuriated with a bit of tech that I don't actually own. Taking a step back that just sounds ridiculous and that's the other reason I have re-ordered. Made a snap decision which was in retrospect quite childish, have since picked my toys up and got back in the playpen.
    06-24-2013 06:48 AM
    Lol
    Just out of curiosity though, anything specific against Sony?
    06-24-2013 07:49 AM
    Lol
    Have built up a hatred of there products and wont ever use them again - 3x PSone broke the week after warranty ran out as did my PS2 same story with a Sony Vaio laptop and a Sony TV, Sony headphones I had broke easily, Sony ericsson mobile I had years back was awful too.

Not used anything Sony for about 8 years now and am a happy consumer of electronics not made by Sony.
    06-24-2013 07:56 AM
    Fair enough, you two just don't get on, no matter how much you've tried lol
    06-24-2013 08:35 AM
    Lol
    You didn't ask me, but I'll answer as well:

I don't have anything necessarily against their products. However, the games offered exclusively on their platform aren't of the quality and type that I get on Xbox. There's no Halo or Gears from Sony (don't see Killzone as at their level). Gran Turismo can't touch Forza anymore. They cater more to the platformer/action crowd with games like Uncharted as their lead franchises, and those just aren't what I like. It's all about the fact that the games aren't as compelling. I REALLY wanted Kingdom Hearts 3, but with that coming to the One, they lost that notch in their belt as well. Add in the PSN fiascos over the past few years and the addition of making it a paid gaming experience, and they just don't offer anything worth giving up a 10-year-old Xbox LIVE subscription for.
    06-24-2013 12:04 PM
    No game is worth a purchase of a console IMO. Just a bad case of priorities you got then. And yeah, not going to buy either console, but given my love for a diverse range of games, I'll probably be getting the PS4 when they release a slim version down the road.
    Really? No game is worth a console purchase? Is this what you are saying?
    06-24-2013 12:29 PM
    The title of this thread reminds me of the terrible essays I used to see in Elementary School.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    06-24-2013 01:01 PM
    The title of this thread reminds me of the terrible essays I used to see in Elementary School.
    "I am going to tell you about the Xbox One and games."
    Last edited by Blu3V3nom07; 06-24-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    06-24-2013 02:37 PM
    They cater more to the platformer/action crowd
    Unfortunately, PS owns the JRPG genre as well, in a big way.
    06-24-2013 05:13 PM
    Unfortunately, PS owns the JRPG genre as well, in a big way.
    Not to the extent that it used to, though. That's another genre I'm not big on, but Microsoft's managed to get Square Enix to bring Final Fantasy over, and now Kingdom Hearts is coming as well. But again, I'm not a big RPG person myself (Kingdom Hearts and Skyrim being the main ones I've played on console), so that's just another genre that Sony owns that doesn't appeal to me.
    06-24-2013 07:55 PM
    Really? No game is worth a console purchase? Is this what you are saying?
    He's saying that no SINGLE game is worth a purchase. For example, people have said that they dislike the MLB 2K franchise that they will buy a PS3 solely to get MLB: The Show to play. He is saying that no single game is worth the $400 investment in a console, if that's all you really care to play.

Now, it's a different story when you're talking about the start of a product, of course. Halo: Combat Evolved was the reason I got the original Xbox, and that game basically carried the console in its infancy. However, having a great flagship at launch is a little different than deciding mid-generation that you're willing to drop what will amount to about $500 for a baseball game.
    06-24-2013 07:58 PM
171 ... 567