07-24-2013 11:37 AM
55 123
tools
    At this point I'm thinking of Forza and Battlefield for day one as I pretty much know what I'm getting with both and liked earlier versions. What I'm really looking forward to though is Titanfall, Destiny and Sunset Overdrive. Will probably check out reviews and in store demos for other release games before buying. I also really want to give Fantasia a try as well as I am a musician and music fan.
    berty6294 likes this.
    06-24-2013 10:18 PM
    Dunno about Day 1. My husband will likely be more interested in Kingdom Hearts.

More than launch titles, I'm waiting to hear if this rumor that the new Xbox will control a 360 is true. If that's the case, I'll be buying (and most likely a new 360) it to future-proof myself more than anything else. (My kid has damaged the drive on the 360, and it only opens every other try.) That's how I ended up with my 3DS, and I have no regrets. :)
    06-25-2013 01:36 AM
    BF4
    BF4
    BF4
    BF4
    BF3 as I doubt I will get an XB1 on release day :(
    06-25-2013 07:18 AM
    Battlefield 4 $ Dead Rising 3 :)
    06-25-2013 11:21 AM
    Dunno about Day 1. My husband will likely be more interested in Kingdom Hearts.

More than launch titles, I'm waiting to hear if this rumor that the new Xbox will control a 360 is true. If that's the case, I'll be buying (and most likely a new 360) it to future-proof myself more than anything else. (My kid has damaged the drive on the 360, and it only opens every other try.) That's how I ended up with my 3DS, and I have no regrets. :)
    Yeah, I really want Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm torn a bit though, because Square Enix has screwed so many of us over with their multi-platform release tendencies. I beat the first title and Chain of Memories, but didn't get to finish the second. To be able to beat all of the games, I'd have to get a PS2 (for Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Re: Chain of Memories), a PSP (for Birth By Sleep, as the cinematic crap on the HD 1.5 Remix isn't good enough), a 3DS (for Re: coded and Dream Drop Distance), and an Xbox One (for Kingdom Hearts 3). All it does is make me want to get 5 emulators and refuse to give them money sometimes, haha.

But seriously, they need to release some whole-story thing on Xbox One, which includes every game released so far.
    06-25-2013 01:55 PM
    Dead rising 3 doesn't really appeal to me the first two I got bored with and never really finished.

Now if they made it as an persistent open world multiplayer with zombies kind of like Day Z on the PC I would be sold
    06-25-2013 02:01 PM
    My launch games I 'm buying are:

• Battlefield 4
    • Need For Speed: Rivals
    • Dead Rising 3
    • Assassin's Creed IV

I'm waiting to see when I get Destiny, and Killer Instinct down the line. :)
    06-25-2013 06:09 PM
    I plan on being ranked #1 in the world in Bowling on Kinect Sports Rivals. It's gonna be tough..
    Provided they release some good looking gameplay video (not just a really good trailer) before launch, I might just have to pick this up and challenge you to some Kinect Sports Bowling. Full motion gaming can be fun - I've played versus a friend using Kinect v1 :)

I may suck at bowling in real life, but I have a clean slate in the virtual world. Prepare to be challenged!
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    06-25-2013 09:42 PM
    My launch games I 'm buying are:

• Battlefield 4
    • Need For Speed: Rivals
    • Dead Rising 3
    • Assassin's Creed IV

I'm waiting to see when I get Destiny, and Killer Instinct down the line. :)
    Out of curiosity, why Need for Speed? What do they even offer anymore? I kind-of gave up on the series after ProStreet, though Carbon was the last one that I thought was really good. With the quality involved in Forza, I'm wondering what EA's franchise offers to make it worth a buy anymore. The last 2 titles (The Run and Most Wanted remake of a game on the same console as the original, never understood that) got pretty crappy reviews.
    06-26-2013 08:41 PM
    Out of curiosity, why Need for Speed? What do they even offer anymore? I kind-of gave up on the series after ProStreet, though Carbon was the last one that I thought was really good. With the quality involved in Forza, I'm wondering what EA's franchise offers to make it worth a buy anymore. The last 2 titles (The Run and Most Wanted remake of a game on the same console as the original, never understood that) got pretty crappy reviews.
    I guess because my friends are getting it. I haven't had a NFS since Underground 2, and I liked that. My favorite genre is "open-world games," and that sort of means everything by now. Like, I'm still excited for Dragon Age III, which is continuing in that open-world vein. And Battlefield 4 seems to be more like Bad Company 2, as far as level structure. (At least outside.)
    06-27-2013 12:25 PM
    I guess because my friends are getting it. I haven't had a NFS since Underground 2, and I liked that. My favorite genre is "open-world games," and that sort of means everything by now. Like, I'm still excited for Dragon Age III, which is continuing in that open-world vein. And Battlefield 4 seems to be more like Bad Company 2, as far as level structure. (At least outside.)

Imo Underground2 was the last good NFS. Carbon was okay, the rest just meh. Especially the newest one was terrible.
    06-27-2013 12:40 PM
    BF4 is pretty much the only launch title I see myself getting right now. I still have a bunch of 360 games to play through, and I most excited for Titanfall and a few others that are going to be released later on.

Fifa is another one I'm excited for but I got 13 not too long ago so I still have some playing to do on that. Fifa doesn't really age; there are just new features in the newer games.
    06-27-2013 02:28 PM
    Imo Underground2 was the last good NFS. Carbon was okay, the rest just meh. Especially the newest one was terrible.
    The first Most Wanted was great, in my opinion. However, that's my opinion. I don't know that I ever played Underground 2.
    06-27-2013 05:01 PM
    BF4 is pretty much the only launch title I see myself getting right now. I still have a bunch of 360 games to play through, and I most excited for Titanfall and a few others that are going to be released later on.

Fifa is another one I'm excited for but I got 13 not too long ago so I still have some playing to do on that. Fifa doesn't really age; there are just new features in the newer games.
    I'm in the same boat. I still have to beat BioShock 2, GRAW, GRAW 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Defiance (finishing getting the Achievements), MLB 2K11-12 (again, getting Achievements), NBA 2K11-12 (more Achievements), Forza 4, plus some more I am surely forgetting.
    06-27-2013 05:03 PM
    I don't know why they didn't create a way to connect your 360 into your XB1 via the 360's controller port.

Would have allowed you to power on and control your 360 via the XB1 and its controller, and would have been a nice bone to throw people who still wanted to get significant use out of their 360.
    06-27-2013 05:16 PM
    I ordered my Xbox one and went with DR3. Love zombie games and couldn't resist playing in a city swarming with zombies. That game looks killer.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    06-27-2013 05:32 PM
    I don't know why they didn't create a way to connect your 360 into your XB1 via the 360's controller port.

Would have allowed you to power on and control your 360 via the XB1 and its controller, and would have been a nice bone to throw people who still wanted to get significant use out of their 360.
    What are you talking about? That's what people are planning to use the HDMI pass-through capability of the Xbox One for. You plug in the 360 to the HDMI in port, and the expectation is that the Xbox One can then receive information from the 360, possibly give it a UI overlay, then allow the person to play the 360 through the Xbox One.
    06-28-2013 02:19 AM
    I ordered my Xbox one and went with DR3. Love zombie games and couldn't resist playing in a city swarming with zombies. That game looks killer.
    Have you tried state of decay yet? It's one of the better zombie games I've ever played
    06-28-2013 11:46 AM
    Have you tried state of decay yet? It's one of the better zombie games I've ever played
    I don't have a 360, just a PS3. The games does look interesting. If its on the Xbox one arcade I may have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.
    06-28-2013 04:14 PM
    Not sure on what system I am going to get first. Thinking the X1 now but, might get the PS4 first. They annouced some games but, by release there will be more titles, so that is all yet to be seen yet for the full list. I currnely have a 360, PS3, Vita and 3DS...(never mind all the older systems), so I will have both at some point, it's just the one I will get first.

If I get the X1, COD:Ghosts(if enhanced for the X1 over the 360 version as it's been said it will come for both), Titanfall, BF4 and Forza 5 would be the titles I would get on release in that order.

I'm a big COD fan, in a Clan and all that fun stuff....
    06-28-2013 04:25 PM
    Forza 5 is a must have for me. There is nothing like driving your real car in a video game!

I will also get BF4 because BF owns, and I'm seriously considering Ryse and Titan Fall.
    06-29-2013 01:41 AM
    I cant see me having the cash spare to purchase, but BF4 should be superb. For me, COD is seriously outgunned by BF.
    06-29-2013 02:06 AM
    Forza 5, BF4, Ryse and Titan Fall for me on day one.
    berty6294 likes this.
    06-29-2013 02:40 AM
    Crimson Dragon
    Titanfall
    D4
    Project Spark
    Ryse
    Killer Instinct

Yeah I know two of those are F2P, but I am still gettin' them on day one - especially Project Spark. Wish there was more at launch than shooters and sports games - AC4 does not count, as it's been pretty much annualized like shooters and sports game. I'm really looking for something different, new, and fresh . . . the fresher the better. What's the point of jumping into a new generation early, if all you are going to do is buy all the games and franchises from the old generation? So definitely the fresher the better. And the sooner I can start getting my hands on games that cannot be done on current-gen hardware, the better.

I really wish that Quantum Break was day one. Huge Remedy fan. Those guys rival Naughty Dog, and Irrational Games as best devs on the planet, IMO. So anything they do, I am on board day one. If it's anything like 2006, then 2014 is when the really great next-gen games start to hit the Xbox One. Witcher 3, Thief, and The Division are really high up on the list. Plus tons more Xbox One exclusives. Word has it that Microsoft is investing over $1 billion next-gen in developing exclusive games for Xbox One . . . $1 billion. That's estimated to be more than Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo combined spent making exclusive games this gen. There's gonna be a lot of great games to play.
    06-29-2013 05:20 AM
    Forza 5 is a must have for me. There is nothing like driving your real car in a video game!

I will also get BF4 because BF owns, and I'm seriously considering Ryse and Titan Fall.
    Something tells me that driving a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville with many problems wouldn't be all that fun.
    06-29-2013 12:11 PM
55 123