Xbox One / Day One / 24/7

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Admittedly, after looking at the expected Day One games a bit, none enthrall me. I do LIKE Forza, but it never seems to stick with me for too long (got it for Christmas 2 years ago, and I think I played it once since then, after playing the heck out of it during a rental). I won't get the console until either Christmas (when I'll get money from relatives) or late-May/early-June (birthday is late-May, and I graduate in mid-May, so should get a decent amount of money then). Of the Day One titles, the only one that I can say that I expect to like is NBA 2K14. Infinity Ward's last 2 Modern Warfare titles were garbage (in retrospect for MW2, while MW3 was awful from the first time I played it), so I'm iffy (at best) on Ghosts. I think RYSE seems cool, though not sure how long the campaign will be, and it doesn't seem like a game I'd care to play multiplayer on. I've still not gotten to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, meaning I have 3 games to beat before I can play Black Flag. Not a fan of EA, so I'll probably skip Battlefield and Madden.

I don't know. The game I have the most interest in so far is Quantum Break, and that's not listed as a Day One title. Actually, that's second to Kingdom Hearts 3. I want that game so badly I can't even use words. I REALLY hope that they do an HD remix release on Xbox 360 or Xbox One so I can play through the first game again, finish the second, and get a chance to play Re: Chain of Memories and the others that were on PS2.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not a fan of EA, so I'll probably skip Battlefield and Madden.

I hope you realize that you are missing out by skipping Battlefield. Battlefield is a series that is always leading FPS shooters. It's the most realistic war game to date, and their engine is always the best in its class. Battlefield's engine is incomparable. Each bullet fired is calculated with it's own mass, not just a trajectory. The trajectories are calculated in real time and that is why sniping on Battlefield has bullet drop, bullet travel time, and other effects.

If you REALLY want to expand your hate for Call of Duty, then playing Battlefield will help with that. It will seriously make you hate Call of Duty with a passion, because Battlefield shows you exactly why and how Call of Duty does everything wrong. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope you realize that you are missing out by skipping Battlefield. Battlefield is a series that is always leading FPS shooters. It's the most realistic war game to date, and their engine is always the best in its class. Battlefield's engine is incomparable. Each bullet fired is calculated with it's own mass, not just a trajectory. The trajectories are calculated in real time and that is why sniping on Battlefield has bullet drop, bullet travel time, and other effects.

If you REALLY want to expand your hate for Call of Duty, then playing Battlefield will help with that. It will seriously make you hate Call of Duty with a passion, because Battlefield shows you exactly why and how Call of Duty does everything wrong. :)

EA missed the boat on getting my money for that franchise. The Online Pass lead to my refusal to purchase a game from them until I got NBA Jam on Windows Phone, which I bought a few weeks back, just a couple of days after they announced that they were ending the Online Pass (if they hadn't announced it, I wouldn't have bought the game).

There's nothing EA can do now to get me into Battlefield. Their Online Pass ruined any chance of getting Battlefield 3, meaning I'd be missing out on the previous experiences when getting Battlefield 4, and I won't be getting it because of that. The quality of the game might be top-notch, but the publisher ruined it with their business practices. Unless Battlefield 4 has a great campaign that is 100% irrelevant to anything in the previous campaigns, I'll pass on it. Otherwise, we'll see.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
At this point I'm thinking of Forza and Battlefield for day one as I pretty much know what I'm getting with both and liked earlier versions. What I'm really looking forward to though is Titanfall, Destiny and Sunset Overdrive. Will probably check out reviews and in store demos for other release games before buying. I also really want to give Fantasia a try as well as I am a musician and music fan.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Dunno about Day 1. My husband will likely be more interested in Kingdom Hearts.

More than launch titles, I'm waiting to hear if this rumor that the new Xbox will control a 360 is true. If that's the case, I'll be buying (and most likely a new 360) it to future-proof myself more than anything else. (My kid has damaged the drive on the 360, and it only opens every other try.) That's how I ended up with my 3DS, and I have no regrets. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Dunno about Day 1. My husband will likely be more interested in Kingdom Hearts.

More than launch titles, I'm waiting to hear if this rumor that the new Xbox will control a 360 is true. If that's the case, I'll be buying (and most likely a new 360) it to future-proof myself more than anything else. (My kid has damaged the drive on the 360, and it only opens every other try.) That's how I ended up with my 3DS, and I have no regrets. :)

Yeah, I really want Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm torn a bit though, because Square Enix has screwed so many of us over with their multi-platform release tendencies. I beat the first title and Chain of Memories, but didn't get to finish the second. To be able to beat all of the games, I'd have to get a PS2 (for Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Re: Chain of Memories), a PSP (for Birth By Sleep, as the cinematic crap on the HD 1.5 Remix isn't good enough), a 3DS (for Re: coded and Dream Drop Distance), and an Xbox One (for Kingdom Hearts 3). All it does is make me want to get 5 emulators and refuse to give them money sometimes, haha.

But seriously, they need to release some whole-story thing on Xbox One, which includes every game released so far.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dead rising 3 doesn't really appeal to me the first two I got bored with and never really finished.

Now if they made it as an persistent open world multiplayer with zombies kind of like Day Z on the PC I would be sold

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
My launch games I 'm buying are:

• Battlefield 4
  • Need For Speed: Rivals
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Assassin's Creed IV

I'm waiting to see when I get Destiny, and Killer Instinct down the line. :)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I plan on being ranked #1 in the world in Bowling on Kinect Sports Rivals. It's gonna be tough..
Provided they release some good looking gameplay video (not just a really good trailer) before launch, I might just have to pick this up and challenge you to some Kinect Sports Bowling. Full motion gaming can be fun - I've played versus a friend using Kinect v1 :)

I may suck at bowling in real life, but I have a clean slate in the virtual world. Prepare to be challenged!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My launch games I 'm buying are:

• Battlefield 4
  • Need For Speed: Rivals
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Assassin's Creed IV

I'm waiting to see when I get Destiny, and Killer Instinct down the line. :)

Out of curiosity, why Need for Speed? What do they even offer anymore? I kind-of gave up on the series after ProStreet, though Carbon was the last one that I thought was really good. With the quality involved in Forza, I'm wondering what EA's franchise offers to make it worth a buy anymore. The last 2 titles (The Run and Most Wanted remake of a game on the same console as the original, never understood that) got pretty crappy reviews.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why Need for Speed? What do they even offer anymore? I kind-of gave up on the series after ProStreet, though Carbon was the last one that I thought was really good. With the quality involved in Forza, I'm wondering what EA's franchise offers to make it worth a buy anymore. The last 2 titles (The Run and Most Wanted remake of a game on the same console as the original, never understood that) got pretty crappy reviews.

I guess because my friends are getting it. I haven't had a NFS since Underground 2, and I liked that. My favorite genre is "open-world games," and that sort of means everything by now. Like, I'm still excited for Dragon Age III, which is continuing in that open-world vein. And Battlefield 4 seems to be more like Bad Company 2, as far as level structure. (At least outside.)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I guess because my friends are getting it. I haven't had a NFS since Underground 2, and I liked that. My favorite genre is "open-world games," and that sort of means everything by now. Like, I'm still excited for Dragon Age III, which is continuing in that open-world vein. And Battlefield 4 seems to be more like Bad Company 2, as far as level structure. (At least outside.)

Imo Underground2 was the last good NFS. Carbon was okay, the rest just meh. Especially the newest one was terrible.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
BF4 is pretty much the only launch title I see myself getting right now. I still have a bunch of 360 games to play through, and I most excited for Titanfall and a few others that are going to be released later on.

Fifa is another one I'm excited for but I got 13 not too long ago so I still have some playing to do on that. Fifa doesn't really age; there are just new features in the newer games.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
BF4 is pretty much the only launch title I see myself getting right now. I still have a bunch of 360 games to play through, and I most excited for Titanfall and a few others that are going to be released later on.

Fifa is another one I'm excited for but I got 13 not too long ago so I still have some playing to do on that. Fifa doesn't really age; there are just new features in the newer games.

I'm in the same boat. I still have to beat BioShock 2, GRAW, GRAW 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Defiance (finishing getting the Achievements), MLB 2K11-12 (again, getting Achievements), NBA 2K11-12 (more Achievements), Forza 4, plus some more I am surely forgetting.

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they didn't create a way to connect your 360 into your XB1 via the 360's controller port.

Would have allowed you to power on and control your 360 via the XB1 and its controller, and would have been a nice bone to throw people who still wanted to get significant use out of their 360.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte