Xbox One / Day One / 24/7

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Xbox one and went with DR3. Love zombie games and couldn't resist playing in a city swarming with zombies. That game looks killer.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they didn't create a way to connect your 360 into your XB1 via the 360's controller port.

Would have allowed you to power on and control your 360 via the XB1 and its controller, and would have been a nice bone to throw people who still wanted to get significant use out of their 360.

What are you talking about? That's what people are planning to use the HDMI pass-through capability of the Xbox One for. You plug in the 360 to the HDMI in port, and the expectation is that the Xbox One can then receive information from the 360, possibly give it a UI overlay, then allow the person to play the 360 through the Xbox One.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure on what system I am going to get first. Thinking the X1 now but, might get the PS4 first. They annouced some games but, by release there will be more titles, so that is all yet to be seen yet for the full list. I currnely have a 360, PS3, Vita and 3DS...(never mind all the older systems), so I will have both at some point, it's just the one I will get first.

If I get the X1, COD:Ghosts(if enhanced for the X1 over the 360 version as it's been said it will come for both), Titanfall, BF4 and Forza 5 would be the titles I would get on release in that order.

I'm a big COD fan, in a Clan and all that fun stuff....

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Forza 5 is a must have for me. There is nothing like driving your real car in a video game!

I will also get BF4 because BF owns, and I'm seriously considering Ryse and Titan Fall.

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Crimson Dragon
Titanfall
D4
Project Spark
Ryse
Killer Instinct

Yeah I know two of those are F2P, but I am still gettin' them on day one - especially Project Spark. Wish there was more at launch than shooters and sports games - AC4 does not count, as it's been pretty much annualized like shooters and sports game. I'm really looking for something different, new, and fresh . . . the fresher the better. What's the point of jumping into a new generation early, if all you are going to do is buy all the games and franchises from the old generation? So definitely the fresher the better. And the sooner I can start getting my hands on games that cannot be done on current-gen hardware, the better.

I really wish that Quantum Break was day one. Huge Remedy fan. Those guys rival Naughty Dog, and Irrational Games as best devs on the planet, IMO. So anything they do, I am on board day one. If it's anything like 2006, then 2014 is when the really great next-gen games start to hit the Xbox One. Witcher 3, Thief, and The Division are really high up on the list. Plus tons more Xbox One exclusives. Word has it that Microsoft is investing over $1 billion next-gen in developing exclusive games for Xbox One . . . $1 billion. That's estimated to be more than Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo combined spent making exclusive games this gen. There's gonna be a lot of great games to play.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Crimson Dragon
Titanfall
D4
Project Spark
Ryse
Killer Instinct

Yeah I know two of those are F2P, but I am still gettin' them on day one - especially Project Spark. Wish there was more at launch than shooters and sports games - AC4 does not count, as it's been pretty much annualized like shooters and sports game. I'm really looking for something different, new, and fresh . . . the fresher the better. What's the point of jumping into a new generation early, if all you are going to do is buy all the games and franchises from the old generation? So definitely the fresher the better. And the sooner I can start getting my hands on games that cannot be done on current-gen hardware, the better.

I really wish that Quantum Break was day one. Huge Remedy fan. Those guys rival Naughty Dog, and Irrational Games as best devs on the planet, IMO. So anything they do, I am on board day one. If it's anything like 2006, then 2014 is when the really great next-gen games start to hit the Xbox One. Witcher 3, Thief, and The Division are really high up on the list. Plus tons more Xbox One exclusives. Word has it that Microsoft is investing over $1 billion next-gen in developing exclusive games for Xbox One . . . $1 billion. That's estimated to be more than Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo combined spent making exclusive games this gen. There's gonna be a lot of great games to play.

To fault Assassin's Creed for being "annualized," is a poor way of describing their situation. The problem isn't the release cycle, it's a bland, repetitive experience. Maybe it's changed in the newer games, but the combat is shallower than most puddles you'd find on the road. Maybe some of that IS because the annual cycle prevents a revamp of the combat system, but I wouldn't consider being an annual release as the sole/main reason for such a lackluster combat system.

Besides, we're ALLEGEDLY supposed to get Minecraft (not that I care), Ryse, Watch Dogs, and the NFS and Forza racers (though they sort of fall into the annual/sports categories). Maybe a few others sneak in, we'll see, but you're right (in my opinion) that 2014 is where the games will really be at. Sequel or not, Halo 5 should lead the Xbox charge as always. Quantum Break might be cool (my preference for sci-fi TV shows has me interested). HOPEFULLY we'll see a new release from the classic shooters (DOOM, Unreal, and Quake). We'll likely get releases for many of these launch franchises (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, sports games, etc.) just like we're going to get in 2013. We'll see what happens, but 2013 will probably have at least a couple of nice new IPs to play.

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn between Dead Rising 3, COD: Ghosts, and Watch Dogs.

I'll probably wait until release day and make my decision based on the reviews. I'm going to buy all my games digitally, so I won't need any lead time on the purchase.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm starting to take an intrest in Killer Instinct. I mean, you can't go wrong with a free copy and one playable character... If it's good, I'll buy the season pass, if not, I haven't lost anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb