If the rumors are true, who should be the new president of Xbox division?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite that I got for $250 at Best Buy almost a year ago. The processer is a newish Pentium. I wasn't expecting much of it, but it surprised me how capable it is in comparison to every netbook/nettop that I have tried. It is the least capable of the three to be sure, but still handles emulators surprisingly well. The desktop is a Sandy Bridge i3 with intel HD graphics (2500 maybe?) that I built myself just to test out after reading many articles about it. The system is approaching 2 years old now.

I'm not going to say that Intel's integrated graphics processing is better than AMD, but only that it is a little unfair to use terms such as "mess" and "useless" to describe them. I had one of the original Asus Zenbooks shortly after building that desktop because I saw the advancements as pretty remarkable myself, and the experience I had with the Zenbook sealed it for me. I sold the Zenbook shortly before the Ivy Bridge refresh and then just decided to hold out for the Surface Pro.

Well, when I say something is useless, I mean it's mostly a low-power part. You're not going to play anything even remotely-intensive on the graphics side with HD 2500 graphics. Even the HD 4000 graphics are lacking, when compared to an AMD APU.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, when I say something is useless, I mean it's mostly a low-power part. You're not going to play anything even remotely-intensive on the graphics side with HD 2500 graphics. Even the HD 4000 graphics are lacking, when compared to an AMD APU.

Will(has) AMD move(d) the APU on-die? I think there is a lot of risk right now trying to gain foothold in the SoC space, but Intel is slowly accomplishing this even with their CPUs that handle x86 instructions. The last advancement that I read about from AMD was talking about moving back to a co-processor design, essentially the opposite direction of SoC.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Will(has) AMD move(d) the APU on-die? I think there is a lot of risk right now trying to gain foothold in the SoC space, but Intel is slowly accomplishing this even with their CPUs that handle x86 instructions. The last advancement that I read about from AMD was talking about moving back to a co-processor design, essentially the opposite direction of SoC.

I can't really answer that, as I don't follow it that closely.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So Julia Larson-Green is the new head of XBox, this is very interesting. It could be a disaster or the best thing after the Mattrick-gate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos