08-06-2013 01:05 PM
47 12
tools
    We do not know the final clock speeds of the gpus so the performance of them is still really not known as core speed is important just as number of cores. Even if they remain unchanged, the "50% more powerful" shouldn't translate into much of a difference in actual practice. In the end there will be pretty much parity just as there is between the 360 and ps3 graphically. Its all the services and other innovations, features and exclusives that are going to be what really sets the systems apart, not graphics.
    08-02-2013 01:21 AM
    Ok, so It looks like we do know now about the One's gpu clock speed, and it has been increased: http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-ones-insi...ince-992960685
    sinime likes this.
    08-02-2013 10:21 AM
    Ok, so It looks like we do know now about the One's gpu clock speed, and it has been increased: The Xbox One's Insides Have Changed A Little Bit Since E3
    Nice to have confirmation! So it's sitting at 853MHz (around 6.6% increase)
    08-02-2013 10:34 AM
    To me the power of the system is negligible. The average consumer won't be able to tell the difference. The real advantage comes from the games and how they play. For me I think Xbox's real advantage comes from Kinect being included with every system. Now game developers can implement Kinect features knowing it will be usable because everybody will have it. This opens the door for all kinds of new game play features.
    08-02-2013 11:19 AM
    Yeah, I'm not exactly knowledgeable on the inner workings of video cards, but my 5870 has started acting up again (already RMA'd it twice and it's now out of warranty), anyhow, wanted to get a new card that was => 5870 for as little as possible... Did some searching and found a Geforce 660.... From a couple of sites, I found that on paper, the 5870 is better (more cores), but per benchmarks I found, the 660 beats the 5870. Granted, I think the 660 is a newer generation, so it's probably just more efficient with what it has.
    08-02-2013 01:15 PM
    Yeah, I'm not exactly knowledgeable on the inner workings of video cards, but my 5870 has started acting up again (already RMA'd it twice and it's now out of warranty), anyhow, wanted to get a new card that was => 5870 for as little as possible... Did some searching and found a Geforce 660.... From a couple of sites, I found that on paper, the 5870 is better (more cores), but per benchmarks I found, the 660 beats the 5870. Granted, I think the 660 is a newer generation, so it's probably just more efficient with what it has.
    I have a 660 and can vouch. Very happy with my decision to get it. I mainly got it for BF3, and it can run BF3 at 55-60 fps completely maxed out.
    sinime likes this.
    08-02-2013 01:44 PM
    From my simple GPU overclocking on, 53MHz makes no real difference on performance. Naturally on consoles all what you get will be fully used and optimiszd, but the difference still seems to be quite huge between PS4 and Xbox One performance.

Microsoft boosts Xbox One graphics performance ahead of PS4 console war | The Verge
    08-02-2013 02:01 PM
    Well, 53Mhz is a fairly big increase when you consider the number is just 800mhz to begin with. I dunno whether it makes any real difference or not, though, but I also suppose that the difference is potentially much bigger on a device with fixed hardware as opposed to a computer that comes in so many hardwares that it will hardly ever be properly optimized/used per games.

But I'm not tech savvy anyways.
    08-02-2013 02:06 PM
    Idk if this is a correct analysis, but assuming you just take a 30FPS game, you might see a 1.98FPS increase... Double that for a game running 60FPS @ 800MHz... 63.96 FPS @ 853...

Again, just pulling numbers together with no real working knowledge of how it all works... But if true, I wouldn't see the difference.
    08-02-2013 02:18 PM
    The Kinect not needing all the room like the original one did is a big plus for me.
    08-05-2013 03:02 PM
    08-06-2013 04:16 AM
    I'm not a BF player, but it sounds like it won't be using smart glass on the One, which is a bit of a letdown. It will be doing some sort of web access.
    08-06-2013 09:53 AM
    I'm not a BF player, but it sounds like it won't be using smart glass on the One, which is a bit of a letdown. It will be doing some sort of web access.
    But if you think about it that means you can play in commander mode from anywhere with a wifi connection.
    08-06-2013 10:01 AM
    But if you think about it that means you can play in commander mode from anywhere with a wifi connection.
    And this is why I created a thread about this, which got shut down even though I had read official information.

Somewhere on the battlefield 4 site, there is information saying that commander mode is for Android and iOS tablets only....
    08-06-2013 10:36 AM
    And this is why I created a thread about this, which got shut down even though I had read official information.

Somewhere on the battlefield 4 site, there is information saying that commander mode is for Android and iOS tablets only....
    Yeah I could have sworn there was a thread for this already but couldn't find it so just posted the info here - if its all web based then windows tablets and PC's should have no issue running it..
    08-06-2013 11:03 AM
    They should just make it run on Smartglass, since that is available to iOS, Android and WP as well as Windows 8 Modern UI I believe.
    tissotti likes this.
    08-06-2013 11:21 AM
    They should just make it run on Smartglass, since that is available to iOS, Android and WP as well as Windows 8 Modern UI I believe.
    They should - But that then alienates all the PS4 gamers - Web based makes it fair game for everyone then. I can go into commander mode on a PS4 server with my PC and be a complete tool and ruin everyones stats then come and play nicely on the Xbox servers
    08-06-2013 11:27 AM
    SmartGlass is Second-screen only Coreldan. That mean SmartGlass is useless without being connected to an Xbox.

The reason they aren't using smartglass is because they want people to be able to play on their tablets from anywhere at any time. Smartglass is not intended for what they are trying to achieve. It's not a standalone platform.
    08-06-2013 12:14 PM
    They should - But that then alienates all the PS4 gamers - Web based makes it fair game for everyone then. I can go into commander mode on a PS4 server with my PC and be a complete tool and ruin everyones stats then come and play nicely on the Xbox servers
    The PC is the only platform that will be web based. There is no source for this info, but I'm willing to bet on it. Battlelog uses custom plugins to sync with the local game, and my guess is that Commander mode will work via custom plugins also. Therefore, plugins that will only work on a PC with a full browser.

I believe there is already a Battlelog app for iOS and Android, so my guess is that these apps will be updated to include support for commander mode.

I'm pretty confident with these predictions.
    08-06-2013 12:17 PM
    SmartGlass is Second-screen only Coreldan. That mean SmartGlass is useless without being connected to an Xbox.

The reason they aren't using smartglass is because they want people to be able to play on their tablets from anywhere at any time. Smartglass is not intended for what they are trying to achieve. It's not a standalone platform.
    Oh? What's the point with that? I think it's a stupid idea to try doing what you propose. This kind of things should be "secondary screens while playing" IMO. What the hell does one gain over going to a random BF4 server while sitting in school to drop some a-bombs around? :D
    08-06-2013 12:24 PM
    The PC is the only platform that will be web based. There is no source for this info, but I'm willing to bet on it. Battlelog uses custom plugins to sync with the local game, and my guess is that Commander mode will work via custom plugins also. Therefore, plugins that will only work on a PC with a full browser.

I believe there is already a Battlelog app for iOS and Android, so my guess is that these apps will be updated to include support for commander mode.

I'm pretty confident with these predictions.
    Well however it ends up working its sure going to be interesting playing with the extra dynamic. Cant wait. Just hoping its a launch title.
    08-06-2013 12:27 PM
    Oh? What's the point with that? I think it's a stupid idea to try doing what you propose. This kind of things should be "secondary screens while playing" IMO. What the hell does one gain over going to a random BF4 server while sitting in school to drop some a-bombs around? :D
    It definitely beats anything else I can do while taking a ****... lol

Not sure if your familiar with commander mode from battlefield 2, but it's its own class in the game. If you choose commander mode, you're not able to do anything else in the game but that. I think it's quite awesome because if your a strategist and not necessarily an amazing FPS player, you could still find yourself becoming the member of a top gaming clan with commander mode as your only focus.
    08-06-2013 01:05 PM
47 12