The Xbox One Advantage

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
They should just make it run on Smartglass, since that is available to iOS, Android and WP as well as Windows 8 Modern UI I believe.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They should just make it run on Smartglass, since that is available to iOS, Android and WP as well as Windows 8 Modern UI I believe.

They should - But that then alienates all the PS4 gamers - Web based makes it fair game for everyone then. I can go into commander mode on a PS4 server with my PC and be a complete tool and ruin everyones stats then come and play nicely on the Xbox servers

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

SmartGlass is Second-screen only Coreldan. That mean SmartGlass is useless without being connected to an Xbox.

The reason they aren't using smartglass is because they want people to be able to play on their tablets from anywhere at any time. Smartglass is not intended for what they are trying to achieve. It's not a standalone platform.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They should - But that then alienates all the PS4 gamers - Web based makes it fair game for everyone then. I can go into commander mode on a PS4 server with my PC and be a complete tool and ruin everyones stats then come and play nicely on the Xbox servers

The PC is the only platform that will be web based. There is no source for this info, but I'm willing to bet on it. Battlelog uses custom plugins to sync with the local game, and my guess is that Commander mode will work via custom plugins also. Therefore, plugins that will only work on a PC with a full browser.

I believe there is already a Battlelog app for iOS and Android, so my guess is that these apps will be updated to include support for commander mode.

I'm pretty confident with these predictions.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
SmartGlass is Second-screen only Coreldan. That mean SmartGlass is useless without being connected to an Xbox.

The reason they aren't using smartglass is because they want people to be able to play on their tablets from anywhere at any time. Smartglass is not intended for what they are trying to achieve. It's not a standalone platform.

Oh? What's the point with that? I think it's a stupid idea to try doing what you propose. This kind of things should be "secondary screens while playing" IMO. What the hell does one gain over going to a random BF4 server while sitting in school to drop some a-bombs around? :D

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The PC is the only platform that will be web based. There is no source for this info, but I'm willing to bet on it. Battlelog uses custom plugins to sync with the local game, and my guess is that Commander mode will work via custom plugins also. Therefore, plugins that will only work on a PC with a full browser.

I believe there is already a Battlelog app for iOS and Android, so my guess is that these apps will be updated to include support for commander mode.

I'm pretty confident with these predictions.

Well however it ends up working its sure going to be interesting playing with the extra dynamic. Cant wait. Just hoping its a launch title.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh? What's the point with that? I think it's a stupid idea to try doing what you propose. This kind of things should be "secondary screens while playing" IMO. What the hell does one gain over going to a random BF4 server while sitting in school to drop some a-bombs around? :D

It definitely beats anything else I can do while taking a ****... lol

Not sure if your familiar with commander mode from battlefield 2, but it's its own class in the game. If you choose commander mode, you're not able to do anything else in the game but that. I think it's quite awesome because if your a strategist and not necessarily an amazing FPS player, you could still find yourself becoming the member of a top gaming clan with commander mode as your only focus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire