Microsoft: Xbox One supports Miracast

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It's not hard. You just plug the device into the HDMI input on the XO and use it like you normally would.

Watch this:
The Xbox One Can Do A Lot More Than You Might Think
Thanks.

I watched that video of Sean Ong and while he explains that he has his digital converter connected via HDMI to the XB1, he doesn’t explain how he has his miracast connected, although he shows it hanging directly behind the XB1. With the XB1 only having one HDMI input I’m curious how he has everything connected. Of course it is possible he is using an HDMI switch (and I may end up getting one like this) to connect the miracast and digital receiver to the XB1. I was just curious if there is another way. I wanted to be able to switch to the miracasting as seamlessly as possible, and the HDMI switch will still require a remote control toggle to switch between the miracast and my cable box.

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Correct. If you still want to be able to watch TV and have the option to cast you will need the HDMI switch to toggle between the miracast dongle and your cable box. It's not very efficient but it's your only option at the moment.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I currently have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter plugged into my Xbox One which is silly, cause everything the Wireless Display adapter has, the Xbox has, they just need a software update.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok I see this is an old thread but hopefully you'll see this. I connected my wireless display adapter to my Xbox one but when I tried to play a video the picture and audio weren't in sync. There was noticeable lag so I ended up just connecting the adapter back to the TV as it worked much better that way.

I'd much rather hook it up to the Xbox so I never have to switch inputs on my TV though.... so, could you walk me through how you set it up and how I might be able to get a better connection?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Those of you who are in the preview:

How is the Miracast Support on the X1?
Any latency issues?
Any compatibility issues with certain hardware?

Raylz

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
1 still a work in progress beta app
2 a bit of a response lag when duplicating the device on a laptop
3 only if your device doesn't have media connect

Pablo Sormi

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Mirroring the screen from laptop/tablet is OK, minor lag - but it would prevent from playing games.
For watching movies and playing music / google music is great.

From Android Sony device...the quality is awful, choppy, laggy, ****ty - dont like this.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
has this app now been removed? am a bit confused, i registered with the preview for this, and now i cant see how to enable it, when does it become official, the miracast ability ?? :confused: thanks

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find information when MS is going to bring native Miracast support to the XBO. It's on preview now, yes, but have they released any information regarding a production release?

brainydee

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find information when MS is going to bring native Miracast support to the XBO. It's on preview now, yes, but have they released any information regarding a production release?

Exactly... It's ages later now and still they didn't put it to live... Wonder if it's ever gonna come? Actually Miracast support was one of the reasons to buy the Xbone, so i hope it's coming soon...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried this last night with my phone. It would just say connecting...and hang there. I tried it with my TV (I have Miracast built into my TV), and it connected fine.

So, no go for here....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon