XBox one sold out day one on Amazon

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Were any of the previous Xbox models available as special Day One versions?

I'm guessing lots of people want these so they can turn around and sell them on eBay as collectors' items.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
But in the latest sales rankings, the PS4 standard edition is way higher than the XB1 standard edition.

Around here this depends on the webstore and pricing. This one retailer that has Xbox One at around 530€ and PS4 at like 430€ has sold a decent amount more PS4s, but then theres this one store that has X1 at 499€ and PS4 at 440€ or so, that has sold a lot more X1s.

I think that PS4 has more potential to do better early on, but I think the X1s untapped potential is HUGE and I think we will see far bigger improvements on X1 over the years than on PS4, so I'm thinking X1 might do better in the "endgame" rather than launch.

But that's the price you pay for trying to innovate/pioneer something :D

ho0lee0h

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. From what I've read, the guy in charge of the hardware, Cerny, is very passionate about ease of development and developer relations with years of experience under his belt. As opposed to the Xbox guy, who had plans to leave Xbox division for Zynga before the x1 fiasco started. I'm putting my money down on the ps4 being more popular. I'll probably get both eventually either way.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I think the comparison will be harder this time around, cos the two devices are quite different now, as opposed to last gen when they were more comparable. Xbox probably loses some audience from one spectrum due to price but gains from another due to the extra features etc.

It's actually quite interesting now cos we have three totally different kind of consoles, rather than just Nintendo and then PS and Xbox that are almost the same but different names and looks :D Should be something for everyone.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I think the comparison will be harder this time around, cos the two devices are quite different now, as opposed to last gen when they were more comparable. Xbox probably loses some audience from one spectrum due to price but gains from another due to the extra features etc.

It's actually quite interesting now cos we have three totally different kind of consoles, rather than just Nintendo and then PS and Xbox that are almost the same but different names and looks :D Should be something for everyone.

I agree, choices are a good thing and better than last round. I think that the potential growth for the One is greater (larger potential audience) mainly due to its crossover with Win8 and Azure. Compared to One and PS4 though Im afraid Nintendo may not fair that well in the long run. All I really care about though is that Ive got my day one One reserved! :)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well the standard edition is down to #47 while the PS4 is #2. I can't help but feel that the endless anti-Microsoft media barrage is scaring away consumers.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
True, but I just want to know. My remaining vacation time is kind of planned out with a few days left... depending on the release day, I may or may not want to use some of that time off. If I don't use any vacation time for the lauch, then I have a couple of days to burn in the next couple of weeks.

I actualy got my first 360 at the 12AM "launch party" then went home and had to go to sleep to get up for work in the morning. That day of work was crap cause I was wanting to get home and put the 360 to use.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ah, that eager! :D We're a bit on a different boat, as I was planning to wait out until next year, probably next summer before I get one. For both financial reasons (my first kid is due this august + few more years of uni to go) as well as to wait out the first batch of hardware to hopefully avoid any RRoD-esque kinks in the early hardware. Perhaps even wait for another "bundle" or variant. But we'll see.. one of my friends will probably get one near launch and I'll likely buy a controller for myself at that point to go over to play at their place and then when I buy my own X1, I'll have a 2nd controller ready. But playing it at friends might boost the speed of buying the X1 :D

I have a birthday in late Nov (but at this age nobody to buy me expensive gifts, but I guess I could buy one for myself!), then there's christmas and tax returns (think I had like 400€ coming from there), but as said, gotta save a bit for the future...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
On Amazon, PS4 is #2 and XB1 is #50.

That doesn't mean it couldn't be trending ahead of X360 preorders. Those positions do not indicate devices sold, just amount sold in relation to other devices.

That said, in finnish webstores the situation is quite 50-50, on some websites the X1 has been preordered more than the PS4, in some webstores the PS4 is selling better. It seems to be largely about the prices, as the webstore where X1 is leading the X1 is around 50€ more expensive. The webstores where PS4 is leading the difference is around 80€. Regardless both seem to sell pretty well here.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't mean it couldn't be trending ahead of X360 preorders. Those positions do not indicate devices sold, just amount sold in relation to other devices.

That said, in finnish webstores the situation is quite 50-50, on some websites the X1 has been preordered more than the PS4, in some webstores the PS4 is selling better. It seems to be largely about the prices, as the webstore where X1 is leading the X1 is around 50€ more expensive. The webstores where PS4 is leading the difference is around 80€. Regardless both seem to sell pretty well here.

Trending ahead of 360 isn't the point. The point is right now, PS4 is absolutely slaughtering the XB1 in America and outside of America it's total destruction.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree. The PS4 has more units available too. Also, the the Xbox 1 should be getting more pre-orders than the 360. I can't imagine too many people will pre-order a 360. You can pick them up everywhere, and there is plenty of second hand stock. In my opinion, Sony could have taken even more gamers, if they had just been bright enough to have two controller options. The one they have, plus one with the offset thumbsticks, like the Xbox. For me, the PS4 is great, but the controller is the Achilles heel. The PS4 includes a headset too, but the Xbox one is sold separately. This Christmas parents will flock to the PS4 due to the price. For ?400 you will be able to get the system and game, and be good to go. The Xbox will require either ?500 or more.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree. The PS4 has more units available too. Also, the the Xbox 1 should be getting more pre-orders than the 360. I can't imagine too many people will pre-order a 360. You can pick them up everywhere, and there is plenty of second hand stock. In my opinion, Sony could have taken even more gamers, if they had just been bright enough to have two controller options. The one they have, plus one with the offset thumbsticks, like the Xbox. For me, the PS4 is great, but the controller is the Achilles heel. The PS4 includes a headset too, but the Xbox one is sold separately. This Christmas parents will flock to the PS4 due to the price. For ?400 you will be able to get the system and game, and be good to go. The Xbox will require either ?500 or more.

I guess you missed something here. You obviously can't preorder a 360 anymore... I think the numbers were referring to when 360 was still in the works, which is like.. 8-9 years ago?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99