Xbox One could outship PS4 3-1

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I kinda believe, due to the fact that MS is pushing the Xbox One as a business device also. Adding the appeal to gamers, business, and families for other entertainment purposes, the XO really could.

smerfy01

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I kinda believe, due to the fact that MS is pushing the Xbox One as a business device also. Adding the appeal to gamers, business, and families for other entertainment purposes, the XO really could.

yeah it'd make sense. maybe they were having yield issues with an x1 prototype like...6 months ago or something.

it's great news that they're gonna keep the supply line stuffed through the holiday. hopefully that means more x1's than wiiU's in the wild after a month xD

smerfy01

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Curious as to what they actually mean by their "supply chain checks".

as in, seeing how the manufacturers contracted are handling loads. yield rates, speed of production, QC checks all play a part in this.

if manufacturing is performing better than expected or there was a breakthrough in yields it'd boost numbers heavily for supply.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't even be surprised if the Xbox One outsold the PS4. Why??? cause MS is already advertising it. On the Xbox Dashboard and in Retail stores :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't get what would cause this. I mean, there are only two things that would even SLIGHTLY have me thinking about being causes:

1. Microsoft's paying a premium on the chips to snag the vast majority from AMD
2. The DDR5 RAM yields aren't great (though given their frequent use in graphics cards, IDK how that'd be even close to likely).

The parts between the two don't vary that greatly, with the RAM being the biggest notch in Sony's belt. What could cause this, really?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't get what would cause this. I mean, there are only two things that would even SLIGHTLY have me thinking about being causes:

1. Microsoft's paying a premium on the chips to snag the vast majority from AMD
2. The DDR5 RAM yields aren't great (though given their frequent use in graphics cards, IDK how that'd be even close to likely).

The parts between the two don't vary that greatly, with the RAM being the biggest notch in Sony's belt. What could cause this, really?

Wouldn't put too much thought into it. Although its a positive story for MS its from an analyst. They get paid to come up with thoughts without fear of being completely incorrect. Kinda like a weatherman.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Would be great for MS if true... and yeah, they are so similar, I can only think the DDR5 RAM could be the suspect (if true).

Edit: Wonder if this could generate an earlier launch date for the system, if true? Rumor has it that the One launch date might be announced at Gamescom, Aug. 21-25 in Koelnmesse, Cologne.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit