I don't know how many of you have been hearing about yield issues, but this analysis flies directly in the face of that. Really interesting stuff coming out.

https://xboxuncut.squarespace.com/ne...utship-ps4-3-1

I would've posted this in the xbox uncut thread, but this is (imho) thread worthy news. If not, please feel free to merge these mods :)
    Shad0x64 likes this.
    07-23-2013 05:53 PM
    I kinda believe, due to the fact that MS is pushing the Xbox One as a business device also. Adding the appeal to gamers, business, and families for other entertainment purposes, the XO really could.
    07-23-2013 05:57 PM
    I kinda believe, due to the fact that MS is pushing the Xbox One as a business device also. Adding the appeal to gamers, business, and families for other entertainment purposes, the XO really could.
    yeah it'd make sense. maybe they were having yield issues with an x1 prototype like...6 months ago or something.

it's great news that they're gonna keep the supply line stuffed through the holiday. hopefully that means more x1's than wiiU's in the wild after a month xD
    07-23-2013 06:30 PM
    Curious as to what they actually mean by their "supply chain checks".
    07-23-2013 08:02 PM
    Curious as to what they actually mean by their "supply chain checks".
    as in, seeing how the manufacturers contracted are handling loads. yield rates, speed of production, QC checks all play a part in this.

if manufacturing is performing better than expected or there was a breakthrough in yields it'd boost numbers heavily for supply.
    07-23-2013 08:11 PM
    I wouldn't even be surprised if the Xbox One outsold the PS4. Why??? cause MS is already advertising it. On the Xbox Dashboard and in Retail stores :-)
    07-23-2013 08:16 PM
    I'm sure both machines will sell well and will probably be neck and neck like this generation
    07-23-2013 08:20 PM
    Its amazing that an analyst actually came out with some positive news on a Microsoft product. That's got to be a first.
    Robert Carpenter and sinime like this.
    07-24-2013 02:22 AM
    Its amazing that an analyst actually came out with some positive news on a Microsoft product. That's got to be a first.
    it's utterly amazing to me. most of the time you have to go to a first party source for good news.

but thems the console wars, eh?
    07-24-2013 02:32 AM
    I don't get what would cause this. I mean, there are only two things that would even SLIGHTLY have me thinking about being causes:

1. Microsoft's paying a premium on the chips to snag the vast majority from AMD
    2. The DDR5 RAM yields aren't great (though given their frequent use in graphics cards, IDK how that'd be even close to likely).

The parts between the two don't vary that greatly, with the RAM being the biggest notch in Sony's belt. What could cause this, really?
    07-24-2013 02:55 AM
    I don't get what would cause this. I mean, there are only two things that would even SLIGHTLY have me thinking about being causes:

1. Microsoft's paying a premium on the chips to snag the vast majority from AMD
    2. The DDR5 RAM yields aren't great (though given their frequent use in graphics cards, IDK how that'd be even close to likely).

The parts between the two don't vary that greatly, with the RAM being the biggest notch in Sony's belt. What could cause this, really?
    Wouldn't put too much thought into it. Although its a positive story for MS its from an analyst. They get paid to come up with thoughts without fear of being completely incorrect. Kinda like a weatherman.
    vertigoOne likes this.
    07-24-2013 03:02 AM
    Would be great for MS if true... and yeah, they are so similar, I can only think the DDR5 RAM could be the suspect (if true).

Edit: Wonder if this could generate an earlier launch date for the system, if true? Rumor has it that the One launch date might be announced at Gamescom, Aug. 21-25 in Koelnmesse, Cologne.
    Last edited by sinime; 07-24-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    07-24-2013 11:31 AM